Car Accident Injury Lawyer Arnold Mill GA
Arnold Mill GA Car Accident Injury Attorney
Walter Gabriel is a highly recommend Arnold Mill car collision attorney for people injured in car crashes in the Arnold Mill area and spanning Georgia. Each year, car accidents bring about thousands of deaths and irreversible changes to many lives. In 2020, 42,060 Americans lost their lives to car crashes — up 8 percent from 2019, and the first increase in four years. Accidents often cause severe and lasting consequences, even if the collision is minor.
Typical injuries that car accident victims sustain include:
• Neck soreness/back discomfort
• Muscle strain
• Numbness/tingling in upper/lower appendage
• Sleeping trouble
• Shooting pain in legs
• Disc bulging
• Spinal misalignment
• Joint Separation
• Lumbar bruise
• Dysfunction of the cervical region
Some of the most dangerous car accidents cause:
• Traumatic brain injury
• Burn damage
• Catastrophic injury
• Wrongful death
Those who are unfamiliar with the litigation process perceive car collisions as easy to handle. However, litigation complicates matters as the dispute evolves.
In this guide, learn more about vehicle accidents in Arnold Mill and why you will need to hire an experienced attorney to fight for the settlement you deserve.
Table of Contents
• Common Scenarios for Car Accidents
• Common Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Accidents in Arnold Mill
• What Are Your Rights After a Car Accident in?
• What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Arnold Mill?
• Do I Need an Arnold Mill Car Accident Attorney if an Insurance Company Offers Me Money?
• When You Can Not Afford an Car Accident Attorney
• What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Driver?
• What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Company Calls Me?
• I Do Not Feel Hurt. Do I Still Need to See A Doctor?
• Do I Have A Case If I Was Partly At Fault?
• How Do I Get My Car Repaired?
• What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance?
• Can an Arnold Mill Car Accident Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
• If I Hire an Arnold Mill Car Accident Attorney, Do I Have to visit Court?
• My Car Accident Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Georgia
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Louisiana
• Why Should You Hire a Car Accident Lawyer After a Car Accident?
• Contact an Experienced Arnold Mill Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Confidential Consultation
Common Situations for Car Collisions
Consider a driver was text messaging when they collided with another person. This situation might seem simple upon first impression. But there is more to litigation than demonstrating the defendant is liable. Walter Gabriel thinks that, in cases like this, the total amount of compensation determines success. There is a discrepancy between receiving $100,000 and $250 in damages.
Perhaps, in your case, the defendant challenges the severity of your injuries. Or the defendant believes you contributed (partially) to the accident, which then lowers your compensation. As you can see, if the defendant is hostile, they could complicate your dispute. You should always work with an experienced Arnold Mill car accident lawyer who advocates vigorously on your behalf. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel or book a complimentary consultation. You pay NOTHING unless you WIN.
Contact an Experienced Arnold Mill Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Confidential Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has extensive experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car crash disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique perspective comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his knowledge in litigation.
Typical Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Crashes
Quite a few risk factors often lead to car accidents. Examples include:
• Mechanical defects.
• Road hazards.
• drunk driving.
• sidetracked driving.
• Unlicensed drivers.
• Following too closely.
• Violation of the hands-free law.
Not all disputes advance in the same way. Accident claims can give rise to arguments based on premises liability, product defect liability, and other theories. The damages obtainable to an injured plaintiff may vary along a broad spectrum depending on the conditions that caused the accident.
For example, a Georgia court may award compensatory damages and also penalize the accused with punitive damages. Georgia law allows for punitive damages under restricted circumstances. (For example, intoxicated driving accidents where the defendant acted with a reckless disregard for safety.)
What Are Your Rights After a Car Crash in Arnold Mill?
Before you consider damages, you must establish liability. (The other party must have triggered your motor vehicle accident.)
The other driver might dispute liability if your automotive was side-swiped or when there is no police document. So reach out to a car accident attorney as soon as possible.
Once you establish liability, you may receive settlement for:
• Medical bills
• Future medical bills
• Physical pain/suffering
• Emotional trauma
• Lost wages
• Loss of consortium
• Permanent physical impairment
• Punitive damages
If wounded, you may receive repayment for medical bills that you incurred after your collision. If a doctor says you need extended medical treatment, you may receive an additional payment. Regardless, you deserve compensation for the physical pain you suffer. In our legal system, money is the only form of redress for your injuries.
How much money you get for your pain depends on many factors. If you bear emotional trauma (regardless of whether the shock caused you to seek mental health counseling), you might get compensation. Time missed out on from work is also a reason for damages. If you can no longer undertake daily activities such as gardening or spending time with your kids, you too might receive compensation. Juries and courts commonly award punitive damages to punish wrongful conduct.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Arnold Mill?
• Check for the state of other passengers in the car with you, and if protected, make sure the other driver is also in a healthy condition.
• If cars are in a safe place, then call the authorities.
• If things are cordial between you and the other driver, exchange insurance information with one another.
• DO NOT provide a recorded statement to the other driver’s insurance carrier.
• Immediately seek medical attention after the responding police officer wraps up their investigation of the collision scene and provides you with a police report number.
• Once you make it home, check the declarations page of your automobile insurance plan to see if you have either Med-Pay or personal injury protection to pay medical bills for your accident.
• Be sure to schedule an appointment with your primary care physician or another doctor within your health insurance network who customarily treats people injured in car accidents.
Do I Need a Car Accident Attorney if an Insurance Company Offers Me Money?
While it is always best to consult with an experienced car accident lawyer, you may want to settle your car collision case.
You find out your injuries are minor after consulting with a medical practitioner. The insurance company payout is enough to cover your medical bills and compensate for your pain and suffering. It may make sense to settle your case without an attorney. However, we advise that you still consult with an attorney before a settlement. The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel provides free guidance about whether your offer is fair.
When You Can Not Afford a Car Accident Attorney
Arnold Mill car crash lawyer Walter Gabriel can help. For car crash cases, we never bill a client out of pocket for any charges. So clients do not pay us any money before their case settles.
To put it another way, when you sign on as a client with our law firm, you will not pay us a single dollar. Once your case settles or reaches a jury verdict, our fee comes from a portion of your recovery. If your case does not result in a settlement or jury verdict, you will still not owe any expense. (A contingency fee agreement)
What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Vehicle Driver?
As long as the other vehicle operator is at fault for your car accident, you should be able to establish your entitlement to money for medical bills and injuries. Sometimes, the responding police officer might believe the other driver to be to blame but decided not to issue a traffic ticket. While the officer provides a neutral account of the accident, they are not necessarily an eyewitness.
Speak with a practiced Arnold Mill car accident lawyer to learn more. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel today.
What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Provider Calls Me?
Regardless of whether you have an attorney, you are under no obligation to speak to the other driver’s insurance carrier. (You have nothing to benefit from speaking to the other driver’s insurance representative.)
If you don’t have an attorney when the other driver’s insurance company calls, tell the insurance representative that you do not wish to reply to questions about your injuries or how the crash occurred. If you have a lawyer, inform the insurance company that you have legal representation. The insurance adjuster should stop questioning you about the car accident.
I Do Not Feel Hurt. Do I Still Need to See A Physician?
Yes, you should without exception see a doctor after a car collision. Our No.1 goal is to help you return your bodily and mental health to where it was before the wreck occurred. You may not know that you have suffered an injury until days (or weeks) after the collision occurred. A late visit to a medical practitioner may harm your medical recovery.
Do I Have A Case If I Was In Part At Fault?
When in doubt about whether you have a car collision case, you should always consult with a seasoned car accident lawyer. Our attorney-client consultations are free, so there is no harm in communicating with an experienced Arnold Mill lawyer to determine whether you still have a case, despite what you may think about your role in contributing to the car collision.
Sometimes, even if you are partly at fault for your car accident, you may still be able to recover money from your car accident case. Call Arnold Mill car accident lawyer Walter Gabriel to find out more.
How Do I Get My Car Fixed?
• Once the police officer finishes their report, which usually takes a few days, you will discover the other driver’s insurance provider (and policy number).
• Use this critical information to open a property damage insurance claim against the other driver’s insurance policy. Doing so helps you evade paying a deductible for your automobile repair.
• Select a reputable body shop to fix your car.
• Once you have selected a dealer, inform the other driver’s car insurance adjuster.
• The body shop should send you an estimate for your repairs. It should also notify you of the final cost once it has completed repairs.
• Often, the body shop will bill the insurance company directly. Here, you will not have to worry about payment for your car repairs.
What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance?
Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage (UM coverage) will apply when the driver who causes the wreck did not have insurance coverage. If you have an uninsured motorist policy, then you have cover to add to your insurance claim. To see if you have uninsured motorist cover, you should review your auto insurance terms page.
Even if your vehicle policy shows that you do not have uninsured motorist coverage, you still may receive cover. These situations include:
1. Living in the same household as another person who had UM coverage at the time of the accident.
2. You were a permissive driver of a car with UM coverage.
3. You were a passenger in a vehicle where the driver had UM coverage.
Generally, there are two types of uninsured motorist coverage:
• Add-on (or excess) uninsurable motorist coverage. These policies allow you to stack coverage on top of the liability policy.
• Reduced by coverage. This policy equates to the amount of liability coverage less the amount of UM available.
Can my Arnold Mill Car Crash Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
The value of car accidents always depends on several factors as no two cases are the same.
Common factors affecting the value of payment include:
• amount of medical bills.
• Type of medical treatment required.
• Duration of medical treatment.
• The extent of time missed from work.
• Whether permanent bodily impairment exists.
• Whether a doctor performs or suggests surgery.
• The potential place of the lawsuit.
• Whether the accused is a co-operative defendant.
Understand that there is no set procedure for determining the value of a car accident claim. Subjectivity applies when considering what a jury might do when identifying the extent of your pain and suffering. Compensation does not have a set dollar amount.
If I Hire an Arnold Mill Car Crash Attorney, Do I Have to Visit Court?
No. An experienced Arnold Mill car accident lawyer like Walter Gabriel knows it is not a necessity. Most claims for car accidents settle without ever having to file a law suit. Also, the vast majority of cases conclude before a legal proceeding before a jury takes place. Claims for car crashes settle when the insurance company offers enough money to satisfy medical bills and compensate for pain and suffering. Whether or not a case goes to trial, of course, often depends on you. Call Arnold Mill car accident attorney Walter Gabriel to discuss your case today.
My Car Crash Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
We settle cases on behalf of those who were:
• Living outside of Georgia when their crash occurred.
• Located outside of Georgia when their accident happened.
We are Arnold Mill car accident attorneys, but we commonly represent out-of-state clients in the location where the client sustained injuries.
Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Georgia
Statutes of limitations are statutes that stipulate the deadline to sue. If you cannot sue in time, you forfeit the right to damages. Georgia drivers, in most cases, have two years from the impact to sue. Claimants making claims against cities in Georgia must properly deliver an ante litem notice inside of six months.
Courts impose strict guidelines for what constitutes adequate notice to cities in Georgia. If you wish to make your claim with the City of Arnold Mill, for example, the Arnold Mill City Council has a claim form on its web page. Claimants must supply similar notice properly delivered to Georgia counties inside of 12 months and Georgia state agencies within 12 months.
If a plaintiff is a minor, Georgia stretches the statute of limitations until he or she turns 18 years old. Where the underlying tort is a crime, tolling provisions also apply. Tolling also happens when either the claimant or at-fault driver has perished. If you are not able to file your claim before the deadline passes, you will lose your right to recover. Georgia imposes a two-year deadline for the majority injury claims, but shorter deadlines exist for claims against Georgia government agencies.
Given the significance of filing a timely claim, get in touch with the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel immediately. Walter Gabriel will evaluate your car accident injury claim and provide you with fair advice.
Why Should You Hire a Car Collision Lawyer After a Car Accident?
A car accident attorney in Arnold Mill:
• supplies full legal representation if your case goes to court.
• Helps you settle a case outside of court.
• Helps you traverse the complicated legal system.
• Provides ongoing legal support.
• Fights for the compensation you are entitled to.
Contact an Experienced Arnold Mill Car Accident Attorney for a Free and private Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has extensive experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car crash disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique perspective comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his experience in litigation.
Close engagement with the client is the trick to effective legal representation in a personal injury case. Walter Gabriel evaluates critical information about the accident and answers all concerns. Contact Walter Gabriel to find out if you have a case. Request a free and confidential consultation with a skilled Arnold Mill personal injury lawyer.