Car Accident Injury Lawyer Atlanta GA
Atlanta GA Car Accident Injury Lawyer
Walter Gabriel is a highly recommend Atlanta car accident attorney for people injured in car crashes in the Atlanta area and throughout Georgia. Each year, car accidents cause thousands of deaths and irreversible changes to many lives. In 2020, 42,060 Americans lost their lives to car crashes, up 8 percent from 2019, and the first increase in four years. Accidents often cause severe and lasting consequences, even if the collision is minor.
Common injuries that car accident affected individuals sustain include:
• Neck soreness/back soreness
• Muscle strain
• Numbness/tingling in upper/lower external body part
• Sleeping trouble
• Shooting pain in legs
• Disc bulging
• neck and back misalignment
• Joint Separation
• Lumbar contusion
• Dysfunction of the cervical region
Some of the most serious car accidents cause:
• Traumatic brain injury
• Burn damage
• Catastrophic injury
• Wrongful death
Those who are unfamiliar with the litigation process view car crashes as easy to handle. However, litigation complicates matters as the dispute evolves. In this guide, learn more about car accidents in Atlanta and why you will need to hire an experienced attorney to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Table of Contents
• Common Scenarios for Car Accidents
• Common Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Accidents in Atlanta
• What Are Your Rights After a Car Accident in?
• What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Atlanta?
• Do I Need an Atlanta Car Accident Attorney if an Insurance Company Offers Me Money?
• When You Can Not Afford an Car Accident Attorney
• What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Driver?
• What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Company Calls Me?
• I Do Not Feel Hurt. Do I Still Need to See A Doctor?
• Do I Have A Case If I Was Partly At Fault?
• How Do I Get My Car Repaired?
• What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance?
• Can an Atlanta Car Accident Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
• If I Hire an Atlanta Car Accident Attorney, Do I Have to visit Court?
• My Car Accident Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Georgia
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Louisiana
• Why Should You Hire a Car Accident Lawyer After a Car Accident?
• Contact an Experienced Atlanta Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Confidential Consultation
Common Situations for Car Collisions
Consider a driver was text messaging when they collided with another driver. This situation might seem simple upon first impression. But there is more to litigation than showing the defendant is accountable. Walter Gabriel believes that, in cases like this, the total amount of compensation determines success. There is a discrepancy between receiving $100,000 and $250 in damages.
Perhaps, in your case, the defendant questions the severity of your injuries. Or the defendant believes you contributed (partially) to the crash, which then reduces your compensation. As you can see, if the defendant is hostile, they could complicate your dispute. You must work with a seasoned Atlanta car accident lawyer who advocates strongly on your behalf. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel or book a free consultation. You pay NOTHING unless you WIN.
Contact an Experienced Atlanta Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Confidential Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has extensive experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car accident disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique understanding comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his knowledge in litigation.
Typical Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Crashes
Quite a few risk factors often lead to car accidents. Examples include:
• Mechanical defects.
• Road hazards.
• inebriated driving.
• preoccupied driving.
• Unlicensed drivers.
• Following too closely.
• Violation of the hands-free law.
Not all disputes advance in the same fashion. Accident claims can give rise to arguments based on premises liability, product defect liability, and other theories. The damages obtainable to an injured plaintiff may vary along a wide spectrum depending on the circumstances that caused the accident.
For instance, a Georgia court may award compensatory damages and also discipline the offender with punitive damages. Georgia law allows for punitive damages under restricted circumstances. (For example, drunk driving accidents where the defendant acted with a reckless disregard for safety.)
What Are Your Legal Rights After a Car Collision in Atlanta?
Before you consider damages, you must establish responsibility. (The other party must have brought about your motor vehicle accident.)
The other motorist might dispute liability if your car was side-swiped or when there is no police record. So reach out to a car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Once you establish liability, you may receive compensation for:
• Medical bills
• Future medical bills
• Physical pain/suffering
• Emotional trauma
• Lost wages
• Loss of consortium
• Permanent physical impairment• Punitive damages
If wounded, you may receive reimbursement for medical bills that you incurred after your collision. If a doctor says you need long-term medical treatment, you may receive an additional payment. Regardless, you are entitled to compensation for the physical pain you suffer. In our legal system, money is the only form of redress for your injuries.
How much money you receive for your pain depends on multiple factors. If you suffer emotional trauma (regardless of whether the stress caused you to seek mental health counseling), you might receive compensation. Time lost from work is also a result for damages. If you can no longer perform daily activities such as gardening or spending time with your children, you too might receive damages. Juries and courts commonly award punitive damages to punish wrongful conduct.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Atlanta?
• Check for the state of other passengers in the car with you, and if safe, make sure the other driver is also in a healthy condition.
• If vehicles are in a safe place, then call the police force.
• If things are cordial between you and the other driver, exchange insurance information with one another.
• DO NOT provide a taped statement to the other driver’s insurance carrier.
• Immediately seek medical attention after the responding police officer concludes their investigation of the crash scene and offers you with a police report number.
• Once you make it home, check the conditions page of your automobile insurance policy to see if you have either Med-Pay or personal injury protection to pay medical bills for your collision.
• Be sure to schedule a session with your primary care physician or another doctor within your health insurance network who customarily treats people injured in car accidents.
Do I Need a Car collision Attorney if an Insurance Company Offers Me Money?
While it is always best to contact with an experienced car accident lawyer, you may want to settle your car accident case.
You recognize your injuries are minor after consulting with a physician. The insurance provider payout is enough to cover your healthcare bills and compensate for your pain and suffering. It may make sense to settle your legal matter without an attorney. However, we advise that you still consult with an attorney before a negotiation. The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel provides free assistance about whether your offer is fair.
When You Can Not Easily Afford a Car Accident Attorney
Atlanta car collision lawyer Walter Gabriel can help. For car collision cases, we never charge a client out of pocket for any costs. So clients do not pay us any money before their case settles.
To put it another way, when you sign on as a client with our firm, you will not pay us a single dollar. Once your case settles or reaches a jury verdict, our fee comes from a portion of your recovery. If your case does not result in a settlement or jury verdict, you will still not owe any expense. (A contingency fee agreement)
What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Motorist?
As long as the other motorist is at fault for your car accident, you should be able to establish your entitlement to money for medical bills and traumas. Sometimes, the responding police officer might believe the other driver to be at fault but decided not to issue a traffic ticket. While the officer provides a neutral story of the accident, they are not really an eyewitness.
Speak with a seasoned Atlanta car accident lawyer to learn more. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel today.
What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Carrier Calls Me?
Regardless of whether you have an attorney, you are under no requirement to speak to the other driver’s insurance carrier. (You have nothing to gain from speaking to the other driver’s insurance agent.)
If you don’t have a lawyer when the other driver’s insurance provider calls, tell the insurance representative that you do not wish to reply to questions about your injuries or how the accident occurred. If you have an attorney, inform the insurance company that you have legal representation. The insurance adjuster should stop questioning you about the car crash.
I Do Not Feel Harmed. Do I Still Need to See A Doctor?
Yes, you should without exception see a doctor after a car accident. Our No.1 goal is to help you return your bodily and psychological health to where it was before the wreck happened. You may not know that you have experienced an injury until days (or weeks) after the collision occurred. A late visit to a doctor may harm your medical recovery.
Do I Have A Case If I Was In Part At Fault?
When in doubt about whether you have a car collision case, you should always consult with an experienced car accident attorney. Our attorney-client meetings are free, so there is no harm in speaking with an expert Atlanta lawyer to determine whether you still have a case, despite what you may think about your role in contributing to the car collision.
Sometimes, even if you are to a certain extent at fault for your car accident, you may still be able to recover money from your car accident case. Call Atlanta car accident lawyer Walter Gabriel to find out more.
How Do I Get My Car Fixed?
• Once the officer finishes their report, which usually takes a few days, you will discover the other driver’s insurance provider (and policy number).
• Use this information to open a property damage insurance claim against the other driver’s insurance coverage. Doing so helps you evade paying a deductible for your car repair.
• Select a reputable body shop to fix your car.
• Once you have selected a dealer, inform the other driver’s car insurance adjuster.
• The body shop should send you an estimate for your repairs. It should also notify you of the final cost once it has completed repairs.
• Often, the body shop will bill the insurance company directly. Here, you will not have to worry about payment for your car repairs.
What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance Coverage?
Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage (UM coverage) will apply when the motorist who causes the wreck did not have an insurance policy. If you have an uninsured motorist policy, then you have cover to add to your insurance claim. To see if you have uninsured motorist cover, you should review your auto insurance terms page.
Even if your car policy shows that you do not hold uninsured motorist coverage, you still may receive cover. These situations include:
1. Living in the same household as another person who had UM coverage at the time of the accident.
2. You were a permissive driver of a car with UM coverage.
3. You were a passenger in a vehicle where the driver had UM coverage.
Generally, there are two types of uninsured motorist coverage:
• Add-on (or excess) uninsured motorist coverage. These policies allow you to stack coverage on top of the liability policy.
• Reduced by coverage. This policy equates to the amount of liability coverage less the amount of UM available.
Can my Atlanta Car Accident Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
The economic value of car accidents always depends on multiple factors as no two cases are the same.
Common factors influencing the value of payment include:
• quantity of medical bills.
• Type of medical treatment recommended.
• length of medical treatment.
• The extent of time missed from work.
• Whether permanent bodily impairment exists.
• Whether a doctor performs or recommends surgery.
• The potential location of the lawsuit.
• Whether the accused is a co-operative defendant.
Understand that there is no set formula for determining the value of a car accident claim. Subjectivity applies when considering what a jury might do when determining the extent of your pain and suffering. Compensation does not have a fixed dollar amount.
If I Hire an Atlanta Car Accident Attorney, Do I Have to Visit Court?
No. An experienced Atlanta car accident lawyer like Walter Gabriel knows it is not a requirement. Most claims for car accidents settle without ever having to sue. Also, the vast majority of cases conclude before a proceeding before a jury takes place. Claims for car collisions settle when the insurance company offers enough money to fulfill medical bills and compensate for pain and suffering. Whether or not a case goes to trial, of course, often depends on you. Call Atlanta car accident attorney Walter Gabriel to discuss your case today.
My Car Crash Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
We settle cases on behalf of those who were:
• Living outside of Georgia when their accident occurred.
• Located outside of Georgia when their accident occurred.
We are Atlanta car accident attorneys, but we frequently represent out-of-state clients in the location where the client sustained injuries.
Statute of Limitations for Auto Accidents in Georgia
Statutes of limitations are statutes that identify the deadline to sue. If you cannot sue in time, you relinquish the right to damages. Georgia drivers, in most cases, have two years from the accident to sue. Claimants making claims against cities in Georgia must properly deliver an ante litem notice inside of six months.
Courts impose strict guidelines for what constitutes sufficient notice to cities in Georgia. If you wish to make your claim with the City of Atlanta, for example, the Atlanta City Council has a claim form on its website. Claimants must offer similar notice properly delivered to Georgia counties in just 12 months and Georgia state agencies within 12 months.
If a claimant is a minor, Georgia expands the statute of limitations until he or she turns 18 years old. Where the underlying tort is a crime, tolling provisions also apply. Tolling also happens when either the claimant or at-fault driver has passed away. If you cannot file your claim before the deadline passes, you will lose your right to collect. Georgia imposes a two-year deadline for most injury claims, but shorter deadlines exist for claims against Georgia government offices.
Given the significance of filing a timely claim, get in touch with the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel as soon as possible. Walter Gabriel will evaluate your car accident injury claim and provide you with unbiased advice.
Why Should You Hire a Car Collision Law Professionals After a Car Accident?
A car accident attorney in Atlanta:
• supplies full legal representation if your case goes to court.
• Helps you settle a case outside of court.
• Helps you traverse the complicated legal system.
• Provides ongoing legal support.• Fights for the compensation you need.
Contact an Experienced Atlanta Car Accident Attorney for a Free and discreet Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has significant experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car accident disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique perspective comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his experience in litigation.
Close engagement with the client is the secret to effective legal representation in a personal injury case. Walter Gabriel analyzes critical information about the accident and answers all concerns. Contact Walter Gabriel to find out if you have a case. Request a free and confidential consultation with a skilled Atlanta personal injury lawyer.