Car Accident Injury Lawyer Belvedere Park GA
Belvedere Park GA Car Accident Injury Law Firm
Walter Gabriel is a highly recommend Belvedere Park car crash attorney for people injured in truck crashes in the Belvedere Park area and throughout Georgia. Each year, car accidents bring about thousands of deaths and permanent changes to many lives. In 2020, 42,060 Americans lost their lives to car crashes — up 8 percent from 2019, and the first increase in four years. Accidents often cause major and lasting consequences, even if the collision is mild.
Frequent injuries that car accident sufferers sustain include:
• Neck pain/back soreness
• Muscle strain
• Numbness/tingling in upper/lower extremity
• Sleeping problems
• Shooting painful sensation in legs
• Disc bulging
• Spinal misalignment
• Joint Separation
• Lumbar bruise
• Dysfunction of the cervical region
Some of the most dangerous car accidents cause:
• Traumatic brain injury
• Burn injury
• Catastrophic injury
• Wrongful death
Those who are unfamiliar with the litigation process perceive car crashes as easy to handle. However, litigation complicates matters as the dispute grows.
In this guide, learn more about car accidents in Belvedere Park and why you need to hire an experienced attorney to fight for the payment you deserve.
Table of Contents
• Common Scenarios for Car Accidents• Common Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Accidents in Belvedere Park• What Are Your Rights After a Car Accident in?
• What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Belvedere Park?• Do I Need an Belvedere Park Car Accident Attorney if an Insurance Company Offers Me Money?
• When You Can Not Afford an Car Accident Attorney
• What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Driver?
• What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Company Calls Me?
• I Do Not Feel Hurt. Do I Still Need to See A Doctor?
• Do I Have A Case If I Was Partly At Fault?• How Do I Get My Car Repaired?
• What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance?
• Can an Belvedere Park Car Accident Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
• If I Hire an Belvedere Park Car Accident Attorney, Do I Have to visit Court?
• My Car Accident Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Georgia
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Louisiana
• Why Should You Hire a Car Accident Lawyer After a Car Accident?
• Contact an Experienced Belvedere Park Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Confidential Consultation
Common Scenarios for Car Crashes
Imagine a driver was messaging when they collided with another person. This case might seem simple upon first impression. But there is more to litigation than proving the defendant is responsible. Walter Gabriel believes that, in cases like this, the total amount of compensation determines success. There is a difference between receiving $100,000 and $250 in damages.
Perhaps, in your case, the defendant questions the severity of your injuries. Or the defendant believes you contributed (partially) to the crash, which then decreases your compensation. As you can see, if the defendant is aggressive, they could complicate your dispute. You should always work with a knowledgeable Belvedere Park car accident lawyer who advocates vigorously on your behalf. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel or book a free consultation. You pay NOTHING unless you WIN.
Contact an Experienced Belvedere Park Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Discreet Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has extensive experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car accident disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique understanding comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his experiences in litigation.
Prevalent Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Crashes
Several risk factors often lead to car accidents. Examples include:
• Mechanical problems.
• Road hazards.
• drunk driving.
• sidetracked driving.
• Unlicensed drivers.
• Following too closely.
• Violation of the hands-free law.
Not all disputes advance in the same manner. Accident claims can give rise to arguments based on premises liability, product defect liability, and other theories. The damages presented to an injured plaintiff may vary along a wide spectrum depending on the situations that caused the accident.
For example, a Georgia court may award compensatory damages and also discipline the offender with punitive damages. Georgia law allows for punitive damages under restricted circumstances. (For example, intoxicated driving accidents where the defendant acted with a reckless disregard for safety.)
What Are Your Rights After a Car Crash in Belvedere Park?
Before you consider damages, you must establish responsibility. (The other party must have triggered your motor vehicle accident.)
The other vehicle driver might dispute liability if your car was side-swiped or when there is no police report. So reach out to a car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Once you establish liability, you may receive compensation for:
• Medical bills
• Future medical bills
• Physical pain/suffering
• Emotional trauma
• Lost wages
• Loss of consortium
• Permanent physical impairment
• Punitive damages
If wounded, you may receive compensation for medical bills that you incurred after your accident. If a doctor says you need long-term medical treatment, you may receive a extra payment. Regardless, you are entitled to compensation for the physical discomfort you suffer. In our legal system, money is the only form of redress for your injuries.
How much money you receive for your pain depends on many factors. If you sustain emotional trauma (regardless of whether the trauma caused you to seek mental health counseling), you might receive compensation. Time missed from work is also a reason for damages. If you can no longer undertake daily activities such as gardening or spending time with your children, you too might receive damages. Juries and courts usually award punitive damages to punish wrongful conduct.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Belvedere Park?
• Check for the status of other passengers in the car with you, and if secure, make sure the other driver is also in a good condition.
• If cars are in a safe place, then call the police.
• If things are cordial between you and the other vehicle driver, exchange insurance information with one another.
• DO NOT provide a recorded statement to the other driver’s insurance company.
• Immediately seek medical attention after the responding police officer ends their investigation of the accident scene and provides you with a police report number.
• Once you make it home, check the declarations page of your automobile insurance plan to see if you have either Med-Pay or personal injury protection to pay medical bills for your accident.
• Be sure to schedule a visit with your primary care physician or another doctor within your health insurance system who customarily treats people injured in car crashes.
Do I Need a Car collision Attorney if an insurance provider Offers Me Money?
While it is always best to seek advice from with an experienced car accident lawyer, you may want to settle your car accident case.
You find out your injuries are minor after consulting with a physician. The insurance carrier payout is enough to cover your medical bills and compensate for your pain and suffering. It may make sense to settle your case without an attorney. However, we advise that you still consult with an attorney before a negotiation. The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel provides free guidance about whether your offer is fair.
When You Can Not Easily Afford a Car Accident Attorney
Belvedere Park car crash lawyer Walter Gabriel can help. For car collision cases, we never charge a client out of pocket for any charges. So clients do not pay us any money before their claim settles.
To put it another way, when you sign up as a client with our legal firm, you will not pay us a single dollar. Once your case settles or reaches a jury verdict, our fee comes from a part of your recovery. If your case does not conclude in a settlement or jury verdict, you will still not owe any amount. (A contingency fee agreement)
What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Driver?
As long as the other vehicle operator is at fault for your car accident, you should be able to establish your entitlement to money for medical bills and traumas. Sometimes, the responding policeman might believe the other driver to be culpable but decided not to issue a citation. While the officer provides a neutral explanation of the accident, they are not really an eyewitness.
Speak with a practiced Belvedere Park car accident lawyer to learn more. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel today.
What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Carrier Calls Me?
Regardless of whether you have an attorney, you are under no requirement to speak to the other driver’s insurance carrier. (You have nothing to gain from speaking to the other driver’s insurance agent.)
If you don’t have a lawyer when the other driver’s insurance company calls, tell the insurance rep that you do not wish to respond to questions about your injuries or how the crash occurred. If you have legal counsel, inform the insurance company that you have legal representation. The insurance adjuster should stop questioning you about the car accident.
I Do Not Feel Harmed. Do I Still Need to See A Physician?
Yes, you should always see a doctor after a car accident. Our No.1 goal is to help you return your physical and psychological health to where it was before the wreck took place. You may not know that you have sustained an injury until days (or weeks) after the crash occurred. A late visit to a medical practitioner may harm your medical recovery.
Do I Have A Case If I Was Partly At Fault?
When in doubt about whether you have a car accident case, you should always contact with a seasoned car accident attorney. Our attorney-client consultations are free, so there is no harm in talking with a knowledgeable Belvedere Park lawyer to determine whether you still have a case, despite what you may think about your role in contributing to the car collision.
Sometimes, even if you are partially at fault for your car accident, you may still be able to collect money from your car accident case. Call Belvedere Park car accident lawyer Walter Gabriel to find out more.
How Do I Get My Car Repaired?
• Once the policeman finishes their report, which usually takes a few days, you will discover the other driver’s insurance provider (and policy number).
• Use this important information to open a property damage claim against the other driver’s insurance plan. Doing so helps you prevent paying a deductible for your car repair.
• Select a reputable body shop to fix your car.
• Once you have selected a dealer, inform the other driver’s auto insurance adjuster.
• The body shop should send you an estimate for your repairs. It should also notify you of the final cost once it has completed repairs.
• Often, the body shop will bill the insurance company directly. Here, you will not have to worry about payment for your car repairs.
What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance Coverage?
Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage (UM coverage) will apply when the driver who causes the wreck did not have insurance coverage. If you have an uninsured motorist policy, then you have cover to add to your claim. To see if you have uninsured motorist cover, you should review your auto insurance conditions page.
Even if your vehicle policy shows that you do not hold uninsured motorist coverage, you still may receive cover. These situations include:
1. Living in the same house-hold as another person who had UM coverage at the time of the accident.
2. You were a permissive driver of a car with UM coverage.
3. You were a passenger in a vehicle where the driver had UM coverage.
Generally, there are two types of uninsured motorist coverage:
• Add-on (or excess) without insurance motorist coverage. These policies allow you to stack coverage on top of the liability policy.
• Reduced by coverage. This policy equates to the amount of liability coverage less the amount of UM available.
Can my Belvedere Park Car Accident Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
The economic value of car accidents always depends on multiple factors as no two cases are the same.
Common factors impacting the value of compensation include:
• amount of medical bills.
• Type of medical treatment recommended.
• length of medical treatment.
• The extent of time missed from work.
• Whether irreversible bodily impairment exists.
• Whether a doctor performs or advises surgery.
• The potential venue of the lawsuit.
• Whether the accused is a co-operative defendant.
Understand that there is no set method for determining the value of a crash claim. Subjectivity applies when considering what a jury might do when determining the extent of your pain and suffering. Compensation does not have a predetermined dollar amount.
If I Hire an Belvedere Park Car Crash Attorney, Do I Have to Visit Court?
No. An experienced Belvedere Park car accident lawyer like Walter Gabriel knows it is not a requirement. Most claims for car accidents settle without ever having to sue. Also, the vast majority of cases conclude before a proceeding before a jury takes place. Claims for car collisions settle when the insurance company offers enough money to match medical bills and make up for pain and suffering. Whether or not a case goes to trial, of course, often depends on you. Call Belvedere Park car accident attorney Walter Gabriel to discuss your case today.
My Car Crash Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
We settle cases on behalf of those who were:
• Living outside of Georgia when their accident occurred.
• Located outside of Georgia when their accident took place.
We are Belvedere Park car accident attorneys, but we frequently represent out-of-state clients in the location where the client sustained injuries.
Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Georgia
Statutes of limitations are statutes that stipulate the deadline to sue. If you cannot sue in time, you relinquish the right to damages. Georgia drivers, in most cases, have two years from the collision to sue. Claimants making claims against cities in Georgia must properly deliver an ante litem notice within just six months.
Courts impose rigid guidelines for what constitutes sufficient notice to cities in Georgia. If you wish to make your legal claim with the City of Belvedere Park, for instance, the Belvedere Park City Council has a claim form on its website. Claimants must offer similar notice properly delivered to Georgia counties within 12 months and Georgia state agencies within 12 months.
If a plaintiff is a minor, Georgia stretches the statute of limitations until he or she turns 18 years old. Where the underlying tort is a crime, tolling provisions also apply. Tolling also happens when either the claimant or at-fault driver has died. If you are not able to file your claim before the deadline passes, you will lose your right to recoup. Georgia imposes a two-year deadline for the majority injury claims, but shorter deadlines exist for claims against Georgia government agencies.
Given the value of filing a timely claim, get in touch with the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel right away. Walter Gabriel will evaluate your car accident injury claim and provide you with unbiased advice.
Why Should You Hire a Car Accident Law Professionals After a Car Accident?
A car accident attorney in Belvedere Park:
• offers full legal representation if your case goes to court.
• Helps you settle a case outside of court.
• Helps you traverse the complicated legal system.
• Provides continual legal support.
• Fights for the compensation you are entitled to.
Contact an Experienced Belvedere Park Car Accident Attorney for a Free and discreet Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has significant experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car wreck disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique perspective comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his knowledge in litigation.
Close engagement with the client is the trick to effective legal representation in a personal injury case. Walter Gabriel assesses critical information about the accident and addresses all concerns. Contact Walter Gabriel to find out if you have a case. Request a free and confidential consultation with a skilled Belvedere Park personal injury lawyer.