Car Accident Injury Lawyer Berkeley Lake GA
Berkeley Lake GA Car Accident Injury Attorney
Walter Gabriel is a highly recommend Berkeley Lake car crash lawyer for people injured in automotive crashes in the Berkeley Lake area and spanning Georgia. Each year, car accidents cause thousands of deaths and long-lasting changes to many lives. In 2020, 42,060 Americans lost their lives to car accidents — up 8 percent from 2019, and the first increase in four years. Accidents often cause severe and lasting consequences, even if the collision is minor.
Frequent injuries that car accident sufferers sustain include:
• Neck discomfort/back discomfort
• Muscle strain
• Numbness/tingling in upper/lower appendage
• Cervicalgia• Paresthesia
• Sleeping trouble
• Shooting pain in legs
• Disc bulging
• spine misalignment
• Joint Separation
• Lumbar contusion
• Dysfunction of the cervical region
Some of the most dangerous car accidents cause:
• Traumatic brain injury
• Burn injuries
• Catastrophic injury
• Wrongful death
Those who are unfamiliar with the litigation process view car accidents as easy to handle. However, litigation complicates matters as the dispute develops.
In this guide, learn more about car accidents in Berkeley Lake and why you will need to hire an experienced attorney to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Table of Contents
• Common Scenarios for Car Accidents
• Common Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Accidents in Berkeley Lake
• What Are Your Rights After a Car Accident in?
• What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Berkeley Lake?
• Do I Need an Berkeley Lake Car Accident Attorney if an Insurance Company Offers Me Money?
• When You Can Not Afford an Car Accident Attorney
• What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Driver?
• What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Company Calls Me?
• I Do Not Feel Hurt. Do I Still Need to See A Doctor?
• Do I Have A Case If I Was Partly At Fault?
• How Do I Get My Car Repaired?
• What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance?
• Can an Berkeley Lake Car Accident Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
• If I Hire an Berkeley Lake Car Accident Attorney, Do I Have to visit Court?
• My Car Accident Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Georgia
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Louisiana
• Why Should You Hire a Car Accident Lawyer After a Car Accident?
• Contact an Experienced Berkeley Lake Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Confidential Consultation
Common Circumstances for Car Accidents
Imagine a driver was messaging when they collided with another driver. This case might seem simple upon first impression. But there is more to litigation than demonstrating the defendant is responsible. Walter Gabriel believes that, in cases like this, the total amount of compensation determines success. There is a difference between receiving $100,000 and $250 in damages.
Perhaps, in your case, the defendant questions the seriousness of your injuries. Or the defendant believes you contributed (partially) to the accident, which then lowers your compensation. As you can see, if the defendant is hostile, they could complicate your dispute. You should always work with a knowledgeable Berkeley Lake car accident lawyer who advocates aggressively on your behalf. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel or book a complimentary consultation. You pay NOTHING unless you WIN.
Contact an Experienced Berkeley Lake Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Private Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has substantial experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car wreck disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique understanding comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his experiences in litigation.
Typical Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Crashes
A variety of risk factors often lead to car accidents. Examples include:
• Mechanical defects.
• Road hazards.
• drunk driving.
• Distracted driving.
• Unlicensed drivers.
• Following too closely.
• Violation of the hands-free law.
Not all disputes progress in the same way. Accident claims can give rise to arguments based on premises liability, product defect liability, and other theories. The damages obtainable to an injured plaintiff may vary along a wide spectrum depending on the conditions that caused the accident.
For example, a Georgia court may award compensatory damages and also penalize the offender with punitive damages. Georgia law allows for punitive damages under limited circumstances. (For example, inebriated driving accidents where the defendant acted with a reckless disregard for safety.)
What Are Your Rights After a Car Crash in Berkeley Lake?
Before you consider damages, you must establish accountability. (The other party must have brought about your motor vehicle collision.)
The other motorist might dispute liability if your car was side-swiped or when there is no police record. So reach out to a car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Once you establish liability, you may receive compensation for:
• Medical bills
• Future medical bills
• Physical pain/suffering
• Emotional trauma
• Lost wages
• Loss of consortium
• Permanent physical impairment
• Punitive damages
If injured, you may receive repayment for medical bills that you incurred after your accident. If a doctor says you need future medical treatment, you may receive a extra payment. Regardless, you are worthy of compensation for the physical discomfort you suffer. In our legal system, money is the only form of redress for your damage.
How much money you receive for your pain depends on many factors. If you bear emotional trauma (regardless of whether the trauma caused you to seek mental health counseling), you might collect compensation. Time missed out on from work is also a reason for damages. If you can no longer conduct daily activities such as gardening or spending time with your children, you too might receive compensation. Juries and courts typically award punitive damages to punish wrongful conduct.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Berkeley Lake?
• Check for the condition of other passengers in the car with you, and if safe, make sure the other driver is also in a stable condition.
• If vehicles are in a safe place, then call the police.
• If things are polite between you and the other vehicle driver, exchange insurance information with one another.
• DO NOT provide a recorded statement to the other driver’s insurance carrier.
• Immediately seek medical attention after the responding police officer wraps up their investigation of the crash scene and offers you with a police report number.
• Once you make it home, check the terms page of your automobile insurance plan to see if you have either Med-Pay or personal injury protection to pay medical bills for your collision.
• Be sure to schedule a visit with your primary care physician or another doctor within your health insurance community who customarily treats people injured in car accidents.
Do I Need a Car crash Attorney if an insurance carrier Offers Me Money?
While it is always best to consult with an experienced car accident lawyer, you may want to settle your car collision case.
You recognize your injuries are minor after consulting with a physician. The insurance carrier payout is enough to cover your healthcare bills and compensate for your pain and suffering. It may make sense to settle your law suit without an attorney. However, we advise that you still consult with an attorney before a settlement. The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel provides free guidance about whether your offer is fair.
When You Can Not Afford a Car Accident Attorney
Berkeley Lake car accident lawyer Walter Gabriel can help. For car crash cases, we never charge a client out of pocket for any fees. So clients do not pay us any money before their claim settles.
To put it another way, when you sign up as a client with our firm, you will not pay us a single dollar. Once your case settles or reaches a jury verdict, our fee comes from a portion of your recovery. If your case does not end up in a settlement or jury verdict, you will still not owe any amount. (A contingency fee agreement)
What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Driver?
As long as the other motorist is at fault for your car accident, you should be able to establish your entitlement to money for medical bills and injuries. Sometimes, the responding policeman might believe the other driver to be culpable but decided not to issue a citation. While the officer provides a neutral explanation of the accident, they are not necessarily an eyewitness.
Speak with a practiced Berkeley Lake car accident lawyer to learn more. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel today.
What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Provider Calls Me?
Regardless of whether you have an attorney, you are under no obligation to speak to the other driver’s insurance carrier. (You have nothing to benefit from speaking to the other driver’s insurance representative.)
If you don’t have legal counsel when the other driver’s insurance company calls, tell the insurance agent that you do not wish to answer questions about your injuries or how the accident occurred. If you have an attorney, inform the insurance company that you have legal representation. The insurance adjuster should stop questioning you about the car wreck.
I Do Not Feel Hurt. Do I Still Need to See A Medical Doctor?
Yes, you should always see a doctor after a car accident. Our No.1 goal is to help you return your bodily and psychological health to where it was before the wreck occurred. You may not know that you have suffered an injury until days (or weeks) after the collision occurred. A late visit to a physician may harm your medical recovery.
Do I Have A Case If I Was Partially At Fault?
When in doubt about whether you have a car crash case, you should always contact with a seasoned car accident attorney. Our attorney-client consultations are free, so there is no harm in speaking with an expert Berkeley Lake lawyer to determine whether you still have a case, despite what you may think about your role in contributing to the car accident.
Sometimes, even if you are partially at fault for your car accident, you may still be able to collect money from your car accident case. Call Berkeley Lake car accident lawyer Walter Gabriel to find out more.
How Do I Get My Car Repaired?
• Once the policeman finishes their report, which usually takes a few days, you will discover the other driver’s insurance provider (and policy number).
• Use this important information to open a property damage claim against the other driver’s insurance policy. Doing so helps you avoid paying a deductible for your automobile repair.
• Select a reputable body shop to repair your car.
• Once you have selected a dealer, inform the other driver’s insurance adjuster.
• The body shop should send you an estimate for your repairs. It should also notify you of the final cost once it has completed repairs.
• Often, the body shop will bill the insurance company directly. Here, you will not have to worry about payment for your car repairs.
What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance Coverage?
Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage (UM coverage) will apply when the vehicle operator who causes the wreck did not have an insurance policy. If you have an uninsured motorist policy, then you have cover to add to your claim. To see if you have uninsured motorist cover, you should review your auto insurance declarations page.
Even if your automobile policy shows that you do not possess uninsured motorist coverage, you still may receive cover. These situations include:
1. Living in the same house-hold as another person who had UM coverage at the time of the crash.
2. You were a permissive driver of a car with UM coverage.
3. You were a passenger in a vehicle where the driver had UM coverage.
Generally, there are two types of uninsured motorist coverage:
• Add-on (or excess) uninsurable motorist coverage. These policies allow you to stack coverage on top of the liability policy.
• Reduced by coverage. This policy equates to the amount of liability coverage less the amount of UM available.
Can my Berkeley Lake Car Crash Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
The value of car accidents always depends on varied factors as no two cases are the same.
Common factors impacting the value of compensation include:
• amount of medical bills.
• Type of medical treatment required.
• Duration of medical treatment.
• The extent of time missed from work.
• Whether long lasting bodily impairment exists.
• Whether a doctor performs or suggests surgery.
• The potential location of the lawsuit.
• Whether the accused is a co-operative defendant.
Understand that there is no set formula for determining the value of an accident claim. Subjectivity applies when considering what a jury might do when identifying the extent of your pain and suffering. Compensation does not have a predetermined dollar amount.
If I Hire an Berkeley Lake Car Accident Attorney, Do I Have to Visit Court?
No. An experienced Berkeley Lake car accident lawyer like Walter Gabriel knows it is not a requirement. Most claims for car accidents settle without ever having to file a law suit. Also, the vast majority of cases conclude before a legal proceeding before a jury takes place. Claims for car collisions settle when the insurance company offers enough money to satisfy medical bills and make up for pain and suffering. Whether or not a case goes to trial, of course, often depends on you. Call Berkeley Lake car accident attorney Walter Gabriel to discuss your case today.
My Car Crash Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
We settle cases on behalf of those who were:
• Living outside of Georgia when their accident occurred.
• Located outside of Georgia when their accident happened.
We are Berkeley Lake car accident attorneys, but we frequently represent out-of-state clients in the location where the client experienced injuries.
Statute of Limitations for collisions in Georgia
Statutes of limitations are statutes that identify the deadline to sue. If you cannot sue in time, you relinquish the right to damages. Georgia drivers, in most cases, have two years from the accident to sue. Claimants making claims against cities in Georgia must properly deliver an ante litem notice inside of six months.
Courts impose stringent guidelines for what constitutes adequate notice to cities in Georgia. If you wish to make your claim with the City of Berkeley Lake, for instance, the Berkeley Lake City Council has a claim form on its web page. Claimants must provide similar notice properly delivered to Georgia counties in just 12 months and Georgia state agencies within 12 months.
If a claimant is a minor, Georgia lengthens the statute of limitations until he or she turns 18 years old. Where the underlying tort is a crime, tolling provisions also apply. Tolling also happens when either the claimant or at-fault driver has passed away. If you are unable to file your claim before the deadline passes, you will lose your right to recoup. Georgia imposes a two-year deadline for many injury claims, but shorter deadlines exist for claims against Georgia government agencies.
Given the significance of filing a timely claim, get in touch with the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel right away. Walter Gabriel will evaluate your car accident injury claim and provide you with fair advice.
Why Should You Hire a Car Crash Attorney After a Car Accident?
A car accident attorney in Berkeley Lake:
• offers full legal representation if your case goes to court.
• Helps you settle a case outside of court.
• Helps you navigate the complicated legal system.
• Provides continual legal support.
• Fights for the compensation you deserve.
Contact an Experienced Berkeley Lake Car Accident Attorney for a Free and private Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has extensive experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car accident disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique perspective comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his knowledge in litigation.
Close engagement with the client is the key to effective legal representation in a personal injury case. Walter Gabriel evaluates critical information about the accident and addresses all concerns. Contact Walter Gabriel to find out if you have a case. Request a free and confidential consultation with a skilled Berkeley Lake personal injury lawyer.