Car Accident Injury Lawyer Campbellton GA
Campbellton GA Car Accident Injury Attorney
Walter Gabriel is a highly recommend Campbellton car collision lawyer for people injured in car crashes in the Campbellton area and spanning Georgia. Each year, car accidents cause thousands of deaths and long-lasting changes to many lives. In 2020, 42,060 Americans lost their lives to car collisions — up 8 percent from 2019, and the first increase in four years. Accidents often cause major and lasting consequences, even if the collision is minor.
Frequent injuries that car accident sufferers sustain include:
• Neck pain/back pain
• Muscle strain
• Numbness/tingling in upper/lower external body part
• Cervicalgia• Paresthesia
• Sleeping issues
• Shooting aches and pains in legs
• Disc bulging• neck and back misalignment• Radiculopathy
• Joint Separation
• Lumbar contusion
• Dysfunction of the cervical region
Some of the most serious car accidents cause:
• Traumatic brain injury
• Burn injury• Catastrophic injury
• Wrongful death
Those who are unfamiliar with the litigation process see car crashes as easy to handle. However, litigation complicates matters as the dispute evolves.
In this guide, learn more about vehicle accidents in Campbellton and why you want to hire an experienced attorney to fight for the settlement you deserve.
Table of Contents
• Common Scenarios for Car Accidents
• Common Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Accidents in Campbellton
• What Are Your Rights After a Car Accident in?
• What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Campbellton?
• Do I Need an Campbellton Car Accident Attorney if an Insurance Company Offers Me Money?
• When You Can Not Afford an Car Accident Attorney
• What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Driver?
• What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Company Calls Me?
• I Do Not Feel Hurt. Do I Still Need to See A Doctor?
• Do I Have A Case If I Was Partly At Fault?
• How Do I Get My Car Repaired?
• What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance?
• Can an Campbellton Car Accident Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
• If I Hire an Campbellton Car Accident Attorney, Do I Have to visit Court?
• My Car Accident Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Georgia
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Louisiana
• Why Should You Hire a Car Accident Lawyer After a Car Accident?
• Contact an Experienced Campbellton Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Confidential Consultation
Common Situations for Car Collisions
Consider a driver was messaging when they collided with another person. This instance might seem simple upon first impression. But there is more to litigation than proving the defendant is responsible. Walter Gabriel feels that, in cases like this, the total amount of compensation determines success. There is a difference between receiving $100,000 and $250 in damages.
Perhaps, in your case, the defendant questions the extent of your injuries. Or the defendant believes you contributed (partially) to the crash, which then lowers your compensation. As you can see, if the defendant is hostile, they could complicate your dispute. You need to work with an experienced Campbellton car accident lawyer who advocates aggressively on your behalf. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel or book a no-cost consultation. You pay NOTHING unless you WIN.
Contact an Experienced Campbellton Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Confidential Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has significant experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car wreck disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique perspective comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his experiences in litigation.
Typical Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Accidents
A variety of risk factors often lead to car accidents. Examples include:
• Mechanical problems.
• Road hazards.
• inebriated driving.
• Distracted driving.
• Unlicensed drivers.
• Following too closely.
• Violation of the hands-free law.
Not all disputes develop in the same manner. Accident claims can give rise to arguments based on premises liability, product defect liability, and other theories. The damages available to an injured plaintiff may vary along a diverse spectrum depending on the conditions that caused the accident.
For example, a Georgia court may award compensatory damages and also punish the defendant with punitive damages. Georgia law allows for punitive damages under specific circumstances. (For example, drunk driving accidents where the defendant acted with a careless disregard for safety.)
What Are Your Rights After a Car Crash in Campbellton?
Before you consider damages, you must establish liability. (The other party must have caused your motor vehicle collision.)
The other vehicle driver might dispute liability if your automotive was side-swiped or when there is no police report. So reach out to a car accident attorney as soon as possible.
Once you establish liability, you may receive reimbursement for:
• Medical bills
• Future medical bills
• Physical pain/suffering
• Emotional trauma
• Lost wages
• Loss of consortium
• Permanent physical impairment
• Punitive damages
If seriously injured, you may receive compensation for medical bills that you incurred after your collision. If a doctor says you need extended medical treatment, you may receive an additional payment. Regardless, you are entitled to compensation for the physical serious pain you suffer. In our legal system, money is the only form of redress for your injury.
How much money you obtain for your pain depends on several factors. If you endure emotional trauma (regardless of whether the stress caused you to seek mental health counseling), you might receive compensation. Time missed from work is also a cause for damages. If you can no longer conduct daily activities such as gardening or spending time with your kids, you too might receive damages. Juries and courts commonly award punitive damages to punish wrongful conduct.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Campbellton?
• Check for the state of other passengers in the car with you, and if safe, make sure the other driver is also in a good condition.
• If vehicles are in a safe place, then call the police.
• If things are cordial between you and the other driver, exchange insurance information with one another.
• DO NOT provide a taped statement to the other driver’s insurance company.
•Immediately seek medical attention after the responding police officer wraps up their investigation of the crash scene and gives you with a police report number.
• Once you make it home, check the conditions page of your automobile insurance policy to see if you have either Med-Pay or personal injury protection to pay medical bills for your collision.
• Be sure to schedule a visit with your primary care physician or another doctor within your health insurance community who customarily treats people injured in car accidents.
Do I Need a Car crash Attorney if an insurance carrier Offers Me Money?
While it is always best to consult with an experienced car accident lawyer, you may want to settle your car collision case.
You recognize your injuries are minor after consulting with a doctor. The insurance company payout is enough to cover your medical bills and compensate for your pain and suffering. It may make sense to settle your legal matter without an attorney. However, we advise that you still consult with an attorney before a agreement. The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel provides free assistance about whether your offer is fair.
When You Can Not Afford To Pay For a Car Accident Attorney
Campbellton car accident lawyer Walter Gabriel can help. For car collision cases, we never charge a client out of pocket for any charges. So clients do not pay us any money before their claim settles.
To put it another way, when you join as a client with our legal firm, you will not pay us a single dollar. Once your case settles or reaches a jury verdict, our fee comes from a chunk of your recovery. If your case does not conclude in a settlement or jury verdict, you will still not owe any amount. (A contingency fee agreement)
What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Driver?
As long as the other driver is at fault for your car accident, you should be able to establish your entitlement to money for medical bills and wounds. Sometimes, the responding officer might believe the other driver to be to blame but decided not to issue a citation. While the officer provides a neutral explanation of the accident, they are not an eyewitness.
Speak with a practiced Campbellton car accident lawyer to learn more. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel today.
What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Company Calls Me?
Regardless of whether you have an attorney, you are under no requirement to speak to the other driver’s insurance carrier. (You have nothing to gain from speaking to the other driver’s insurance representative.)
If you don’t have legal counsel when the other driver’s insurance company calls, tell the insurance agent that you do not wish to answer questions about your injuries or how the accident occurred. If you have a lawyer, inform the insurance company that you have legal representation. The insurance adjuster should stop questioning you about the car crash.
I Do Not Feel Hurt. Do I Still Need to See A Physician?
Yes, you should without exception see a doctor after a car accident. Our No.1 goal is to help you return your bodily and mental health to where it was before the wreck took place. You may not know that you have experienced an injury until days (or weeks) after the crash occurred. A late visit to a doctor may harm your medical recovery.
Do I Have A Case If I Was Partly At Fault?
When in doubt about whether you have a car collision case, you should always seek advice from with a seasoned car accident lawyer. Our attorney-client consultations are free, so there is no harm in talking with a knowledgeable Campbellton lawyer to determine whether you still have a case, despite what you may think about your role in contributing to the car crash.
Sometimes, even if you are partly at fault for your car accident, you may still be able to recover money from your car accident case. Call Campbellton car accident lawyer Walter Gabriel to find out more.
How Do I Get My Car Repaired?
• Once the police officer finishes their report, which usually takes a few days, you will discover the other driver’s insurance provider (and policy number).
• Use this information to open a property damage insurance claim against the other driver’s insurance plan. Doing so helps you avoid paying a deductible for your vehicle repair.
• Select a reputable body shop to service your car.• Once you have selected a dealer, inform the other driver’s car insurance adjuster.
• The body shop should send you an estimate for your repairs. It should also notify you of the final cost once it has completed repairs.
• Often, the body shop will bill the insurance company directly. Here, you will not have to worry about payment for your car repairs.
What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Coverage?
Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage (UM coverage) will apply when the motorist who causes the wreck did not have insurance. If you have an uninsured motorist policy, then you have cover to add to your claim. To see if you have uninsured motorist cover, you should review your auto insurance terms page.
Even if your car policy shows that you do not have uninsured motorist coverage, you still may obtain cover. These situations include:
1. Living in the same household as another person who had UM coverage at the time of the crash.
2. You were a permissive driver of a car with UM coverage.
3. You were a passenger in a vehicle where the driver had UM coverage.
Generally, there are two types of uninsured motorist coverage:
• Add-on (or excess) without insurance motorist coverage. These policies allow you to stack coverage on top of the liability policy.
• Reduced by coverage. This policy equates to the amount of liability coverage less the amount of UM available.
Can my Campbellton Car Accident Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
The value of car accidents always depends on several factors as no two cases are the same.
Common factors impacting the value of compensation include:
• Number of medical bills.
• Type of medical treatment recommended.
• extent of medical treatment.
• The extent of time missed from work.
• Whether long lasting bodily impairment exists.
• Whether a doctor performs or suggests surgery.
• The potential location of the lawsuit.
• Whether the accused is a co-operative defendant.
Understand that there is no set formula for determining the value of a crash claim. Subjectivity applies when considering what a jury might do when deciding the extent of your pain and suffering. Compensation does not have a set dollar amount.
If I Hire an Campbellton Car Crash Attorney, Do I Have to Visit Court?
No. An experienced Campbellton car accident lawyer like Walter Gabriel knows it is not a necessity. Most claims for car accidents settle without ever having to take legal action against. Also, the vast majority of cases conclude before a trial before a jury takes place. Claims for car collisions settle when the insurance company offers enough money to fulfill medical bills and pay for pain and suffering. Whether or not a case goes to trial, of course, often depends on you. Call Campbellton car accident attorney Walter Gabriel to discuss your case today.
My Car Crash Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
We settle cases on behalf of those who were:
• Living outside of Georgia when their crash occurred.
• Located outside of Georgia when their accident occurred.
We are Campbellton car accident attorneys, but we frequently represent out-of-state clients in the location where the client experienced injuries.
Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Georgia
Statutes of limitations are statutes that establish the deadline to sue. If you cannot sue in time, you forfeit the right to damages. Georgia drivers, in most cases, have two years from the accident to sue. Claimants making claims against cities in Georgia must properly deliver an ante litem notice within six months.
Courts impose strict guidelines for what constitutes ample notice to cities in Georgia. If you wish to make your legal claim with the City of Campbellton, for instance, the Campbellton City Council has a claim form on its website. Claimants must offer similar notice properly delivered to Georgia counties within 12 months and Georgia state agencies within 12 months.
If a claimant is a minor, Georgia extends the statute of limitations until he or she turns 18 years old. Where the underlying tort is a crime, tolling provisions also apply. Tolling also happens when either the claimant or at-fault driver has died. If you are not able to file your claim before the deadline passes, you will lose your right to collect. Georgia imposes a two-year deadline for most injury claims, but shorter deadlines exist for claims against Georgia government agencies.
Given the significance of filing a timely claim, get in touch with the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel as soon as possible. Walter Gabriel will evaluate your car accident injury claim and provide you with unbiased advice.
Why Should You Hire a Car Collision Lawyer After a Car Accident?
A car accident attorney in Campbellton:
• supplies full legal representation if your case goes to court.
• Helps you settle a case outside of court.
• Helps you navigate the complicated legal system.
• Provides continuous legal support.
• Fights for the compensation you deserve.
Contact an Experienced Campbellton Car Accident Attorney for a Free and private Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has significant experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car wreck disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique viewpoint comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his experience in litigation.
Close engagement with the client is the trick to effective legal representation in a personal injury case. Walter Gabriel analyzes critical information about the accident and answers all concerns. Contact Walter Gabriel to find out if you have a case. Request a free and confidential consultation with a skilled Campbellton personal injury lawyer.