Car Accident Injury Lawyer Chamblee GA
Chamblee GA Car Accident Injury Law Firm
Walter Gabriel is a highly recommend Chamblee car crash attorney for people injured in car crashes in the Chamblee area and throughout Georgia. Each year, car accidents cause thousands of deaths and permanent changes to many lives. In 2020, 42,060 Americans lost their lives to car collisions — up 8 percent from 2019, and the first increase in four years. Accidents often cause serious and lasting consequences, even if the collision is mild.
Frequent injuries that car accident sufferers sustain include:
• Neck soreness/back pain
• Muscle strain
• Numbness/tingling in upper/lower external body part
• Sleeping issues
• Shooting aches and pains in legs
• Disc bulging
• spine misalignment
• Joint Separation
• Lumbar bruise
• Dysfunction of the cervical region
Some of the most severe car accidents cause:
• Traumatic brain injury
• Burn injury
• Catastrophic injury
• Wrongful death
Those who are unfamiliar with the litigation process view car accidents as easy to handle. However, litigation complicates matters as the dispute grows.
In this guide, learn more about vehicle accidents in Chamblee and why you will need to hire an experienced attorney to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Table of Contents
• Common Scenarios for Car Accidents
• Common Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Accidents in Chamblee
• What Are Your Rights After a Car Accident in?
• What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Chamblee?
• Do I Need an Chamblee Car Accident Attorney if an Insurance Company Offers Me Money?
• When You Can Not Afford an Car Accident Attorney
• What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Driver?
• What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Company Calls Me?
• I Do Not Feel Hurt. Do I Still Need to See A Doctor?
• Do I Have A Case If I Was Partly At Fault?
• How Do I Get My Car Repaired?
• What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance?
• Can an Chamblee Car Accident Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
• If I Hire an Chamblee Car Accident Attorney, Do I Have to visit Court?
• My Car Accident Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Georgia
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Louisiana
• Why Should You Hire a Car Accident Lawyer After a Car Accident?
• Contact an Experienced Chamblee Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Confidential Consultation
Common Scenarios for Car Collisions
Suppose a driver was messaging when they collided with another driver. This situation might seem simple upon first impression. But there is more to litigation than showing the defendant is liable. Walter Gabriel believes that, in cases like this, the total amount of compensation determines success. There is a difference between receiving $100,000 and $250 in damages.
Perhaps, in your case, the defendant questions the seriousness of your injuries. Or the defendant believes you contributed (partially) to the accident, which then reduces your compensation. As you can see, if the defendant is hostile, they could complicate your dispute. You must work with a knowledgeable Chamblee car accident lawyer who advocates aggressively on your behalf. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel or book a complimentary consultation. You pay NOTHING unless you WIN.
Contact an Experienced Chamblee Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Discreet Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has extensive experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car wreck disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique understanding comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his experience in litigation.
Typical Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Crashes
Quite a few risk factors often contribute to car accidents. Examples include:
• Mechanical defects.
• Road hazards.
• inebriated driving.
• preoccupied driving.
• Unlicensed drivers.
• Following too closely.
• Violation of the hands-free law.
Not all disputes progress in the same way. Accident claims can give rise to arguments based on premises liability, product defect liability, and other theories. The damages available to an injured plaintiff may vary along a diverse spectrum depending on the circumstances that caused the accident.
For example, a Georgia court may award compensatory damages and also punish the defendant with punitive damages. Georgia law allows for punitive damages under limited circumstances. (For example, intoxicated driving accidents where the defendant acted with a reckless disregard for safety.)
What Are Your Rights After a Car Crash in Chamblee?
Before you consider damages, you must establish responsibility. (The other party must have triggered your motor vehicle collision.)
The other motorist might dispute liability if your vehicle was side-swiped or when there is no police document. So reach out to a car accident attorney as soon as possible.
Once you establish liability, you may receive reimbursement for:
• Medical bills• Future medical bills
• Physical pain/suffering
• Emotional trauma
• Lost wages
• Loss of consortium
• Permanent physical impairment
• Punitive damages
If seriously injured, you may receive repayment for medical bills that you incurred after your accident. If a doctor says you need future medical treatment, you may receive an additional payment. Regardless, you are entitled to compensation for the physical serious pain you suffer. In our legal system, money is the only form of redress for your traumas.
How much money you obtain for your pain depends on multiple factors. If you suffer emotional trauma (regardless of whether the stress caused you to seek mental health counseling), you might receive compensation. Time missed out on from work is also a cause for damages. If you can no longer perform daily activities such as gardening or spending time with your kids, you too might receive compensation. Juries and courts commonly award punitive damages to punish wrongful conduct.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Chamblee?
• Check for the state of other passengers in the car with you, and if protected, make sure the other driver is also in a good condition.
• If automobiles are in a safe place, then call the authorities.
• If things are cordial between you and the other driver, exchange insurance information with one another.
• DO NOT provide a documented statement to the other driver’s insurance provider.
• Immediately seek medical attention after the responding police officer wraps up their investigation of the accident scene and gives you with a police report number.
• Once you make it home, check the declarations page of your automobile insurance policy to see if you have either Med-Pay or personal injury protection to pay medical bills for your collision.
• Be sure to schedule a visit with your primary care physician or another doctor within your health insurance community who customarily treats people injured in car accidents.
Do I Need a Car collision Attorney if an Insurance Company Offers Me Money?
While it is always best to consult with an experienced car accident lawyer, you may want to settle your car accident case.
You recognize your injuries are minor after consulting with a doctor. The insurance carrier payout is enough to cover your healthcare bills and compensate for your pain and suffering. It may make sense to settle your law suit without an attorney. However, we advise that you still consult with an attorney before a settlement. The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel provides free assistance about whether your offer is fair.
When You Can Not Afford a Car Accident Attorney
Chamblee car collision lawyer Walter Gabriel can help. For car accident cases, we never charge a client out of pocket for any costs. So clients do not pay us any money before their case settles.
To put it another way, when you join as a client with our firm, you will not pay us a single dollar. Once your case settles or reaches a jury verdict, our fee comes from a portion of your recovery. If your case does not end up in a settlement or jury verdict, you will still not owe any amount. (A contingency fee agreement)
What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Driver?
As long as the other motorist is at fault for your car accident, you should be able to establish your entitlement to money for medical bills and injuries. Sometimes, the responding police officer might believe the other driver to be to blame but decided not to issue a citation. While the officer provides a neutral account of the accident, they are not an eyewitness.
Speak with an experienced Chamblee car accident lawyer to learn more. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel today.
What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Provider Calls Me?
Regardless of whether you have an attorney, you are under no obligation to speak to the other driver’s insurance company. (You have nothing to gain from speaking to the other driver’s insurance consultant.)
If you don’t have an attorney when the other driver’s insurance company calls, tell the insurance agent that you do not wish to reply to questions about your injuries or how the collision occurred. If you have legal counsel, inform the insurance company that you have legal representation. The insurance adjuster should stop questioning you about the car wreck.
I Do Not Feel Hurt. Do I Still Need to See A Doctor?
Yes, you should be sure to see a doctor after a car crash. Our No.1 goal is to help you return your physiological and emotional health to where it was before the wreck occurred. You may not know that you have experienced an injury until days (or weeks) after the collision occurred. A late visit to a physician may harm your medical recovery.
Do I Have A Case If I Was Partially At Fault?
When in doubt about whether you have a car collision case, you should always seek advice from with a knowledgeable car accident law firm. Our attorney-client meetings are free, so there is no harm in speaking with an experienced Chamblee lawyer to determine whether you still have a case, despite what you may think about your role in contributing to the car accident.
Sometimes, even if you are partially at fault for your car accident, you may still be able to collect money from your car accident case. Call Chamblee car accident lawyer Walter Gabriel to find out more.
How Do I Get My Car Repaired?
• Once the officer finishes their report, which usually takes a few days, you will discover the other driver’s insurance carrier (and policy number).
• Use this critical information to open a property damage claim against the other driver’s insurance plan. Doing so helps you evade paying a deductible for your automobile repair.
• Select a reputable body shop to fix your car.• Once you have selected a dealer, inform the other driver’s car insurance adjuster.
• The body shop should send you an estimate for your repairs. It should also notify you of the final cost once it has completed repairs.
• Often, the body shop will bill the insurance company directly. Here, you will not have to worry about payment for your car repairs.
What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance?
Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage (UM coverage) will apply when the driver who causes the wreck did not have an insurance policy. If you have an uninsured motorist policy, then you have cover to add to your insurance claim. To see if you have uninsured motorist cover, you should review your auto insurance conditions page.
Even if your vehicle policy shows that you do not have uninsured motorist coverage, you still may receive cover. These situations include:
1. Living in the same household as another person who had UM coverage at the time of the accident.
2. You were a permissive driver of a vehicle with UM coverage.3. You were a passenger in a vehicle where the driver had UM coverage.
Generally, there are two types of uninsured motorist coverage:
• Add-on (or excess) without insurance motorist coverage. These policies allow you to stack coverage on top of the liability policy.
• Reduced by coverage. This policy equates to the amount of liability coverage less the amount of UM available.
Can my Chamblee Car Crash Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
The value of car accidents always depends on multiple factors as no two cases are the same.
Common factors influencing the value of payment include:
• Number of medical bills.
• Type of medical treatment required.
• length of medical treatment.
• The extent of time missed from work.
• Whether permanent bodily impairment exists.
• Whether a doctor performs or advises surgery.
• The potential venue of the lawsuit.
• Whether the defendant is a co-operative defendant.
Understand that there is no set method for determining the value of an accident claim. Subjectivity applies when considering what a jury might do when determining the extent of your pain and suffering. Compensation does not have a predetermined dollar amount.
If I Hire an Chamblee Car Crash Attorney, Do I Have to Visit Court?
No. An experienced Chamblee car accident lawyer like Walter Gabriel knows it is not a stipulation. Most claims for car accidents settle without ever having to file a law suit. Also, the vast majority of cases conclude before a trial before a jury takes place. Claims for car crashes settle when the insurance company offers enough money to match medical bills and make up for pain and suffering. Whether or not a case goes to trial, of course, often depends on you. Call Chamblee car accident attorney Walter Gabriel to discuss your case today.
My Car Crash Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
We settle cases on behalf of those who were:
• Living outside of Georgia when their accident occurred.
• Located outside of Georgia when their accident occurred.
We are Chamblee car accident attorneys, but we regularly represent out-of-state clients in the location where the client experienced injuries.
Statute of Limitations for collisions in Georgia
Statutes of limitations are statutes that identify the deadline to sue. If you cannot sue in time, you relinquish the right to damages. Georgia drivers, in most cases, have two years from the impact to sue. Claimants making claims against cities in Georgia must properly deliver an ante litem notice within six months.
Courts impose strict guidelines for what constitutes ample notice to cities in Georgia. If you wish to make your legal claim with the City of Chamblee, for instance, the Chamblee City Council has a claim form on its website. Claimants must supply similar notice properly delivered to Georgia counties within 12 months and Georgia state agencies within 12 months.
If a complaintant is a minor, Georgia extends the statute of limitations until he or she turns 18 years old. Where the underlying tort is a crime, tolling provisions also apply. Tolling also happens when either the claimant or at-fault driver has died. If you cannot file your claim before the deadline passes, you will lose your right to recover. Georgia imposes a two-year deadline for the majority injury claims, but shorter deadlines exist for claims against Georgia government offices.
Given the importance of filing a timely claim, get in touch with the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel immediately. Walter Gabriel will evaluate your car accident injury claim and provide you with unbiased advice.
Why Should You Hire a Car Crash Lawyer After a Car Accident?
A car accident attorney in Chamblee:
• offers full legal representation if your case goes to court.
• Helps you settle a case outside of court.
• Helps you navigate the complicated legal system.
• Provides ongoing legal support.
• Fights for the compensation you are entitled to.
Contact an Experienced Chamblee Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Confidential Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has significant experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car crash disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique viewpoint comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his experience in litigation.
Close engagement with the client is the trick to effective legal representation in a personal injury case. Walter Gabriel analyzes critical information about the accident and answers all concerns. Contact Walter Gabriel to find out if you have a case. Request a free and confidential consultation with a skilled Chamblee personal injury lawyer.