Car Accident Injury Lawyer Doraville GA
Doraville GA Car Accident Injury Attorney
Walter Gabriel is a highly recommend Doraville car collision lawyer for people injured in automotive crashes in the Doraville area and throughout Georgia. Each year, car accidents cause thousands of deaths and permanent changes to many lives. In 2020, 42,060 Americans lost their lives to car accidents — up 8 percent from 2019, and the first increase in four years. Accidents often cause severe and lasting consequences, even if the collision is minimal.
Frequent injuries that car accident victims sustain include:
• Neck pain/back pain
• Muscle strain
• Numbness/tingling in upper/lower extremity
• Sleeping trouble
• Shooting pain in legs
• Disc bulging
• neck and back misalignment
• Joint Separation
• Lumbar contusion
• Dysfunction of the cervical region
Some of the most serious car accidents cause:
• Traumatic brain injury
• Burn injuries
• Catastrophic injury
• Wrongful death
Those who are unfamiliar with the litigation process perceive car collisions as easy to handle. However, litigation complicates matters as the dispute develops.
In this guide, learn more about car accidents in Doraville and why you want to hire an experienced attorney to fight for the payment you deserve.
Table of Contents
• Common Scenarios for Car Accidents
• Common Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Accidents in Doraville
• What Are Your Rights After a Car Accident in?
• What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Doraville?
• Do I Need an Doraville Car Accident Attorney if an Insurance Company Offers Me Money?
• When You Can Not Afford an Car Accident Attorney
• What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Driver?
• What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Company Calls Me?
• I Do Not Feel Hurt. Do I Still Need to See A Doctor?
• Do I Have A Case If I Was Partly At Fault?
• How Do I Get My Car Repaired?
• What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance?
• Can an Doraville Car Accident Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
• If I Hire an Doraville Car Accident Attorney, Do I Have to visit Court?
• My Car Accident Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Georgia
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Louisiana
• Why Should You Hire a Car Accident Lawyer After a Car Accident?
• Contact an Experienced Doraville Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Confidential Consultation
Common Scenarios for Car Crashes
Suppose a driver was texting when they collided with another person. This situation might seem simple upon first impression. But there is more to litigation than demonstrating the defendant is liable. Walter Gabriel feels that, in cases like this, the total amount of compensation determines success. There is a difference between receiving $100,000 and $250 in damages.
Perhaps, in your case, the defendant challenges the seriousness of your injuries. Or the defendant believes you contributed (partially) to the accident, which then decreases your compensation. As you can see, if the defendant is hostile, they could complicate your dispute. You must work with a knowledgeable Doraville car accident lawyer who advocates vigorously on your behalf. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel or book a free consultation. You pay NOTHING unless you WIN.
Contact an Experienced Doraville Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Private Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has significant experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car wreck disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique viewpoint comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his knowledge in litigation.
Typical Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Accidents
A variety of risk factors often lead to car accidents. Examples include:
• Mechanical flaws.
• Road hazards.
• Intoxicated driving.
• Distracted driving.
• Unlicensed drivers.
• Following too closely.
• Violation of the hands-free law.
Not all disputes develop in the same manner. Accident claims can give rise to arguments based on premises liability, product defect liability, and other theories. The damages available to an injured plaintiff may vary along a wide spectrum depending on the conditions that caused the accident.
For instance, a Georgia court may award compensatory damages and also discipline the defendant with punitive damages. Georgia law allows for punitive damages under specific circumstances. (For example, intoxicated driving accidents where the defendant acted with a reckless disregard for safety.)
What Are Your Legal Rights After a Car Collision in Doraville?
Before you consider damages, you must establish accountability. (The other party must have triggered your motor vehicle crash.)
The other driver might dispute liability if your car was side-swiped or when there is no police record. So reach out to a car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Once you establish liability, you may receive compensation for:
• Medical bills
• Future medical bills
• Physical pain/suffering
• Emotional trauma
• Lost wages
• Loss of consortium
• Permanent physical impairment
• Punitive damages
If hurt, you may receive compensation for medical bills that you incurred after your collision. If a doctor says you need long-term medical treatment, you may receive a extra payment. Regardless, you are worthy of compensation for the physical serious pain you suffer. In our legal system, money is the only form of redress for your injury.
How much money you get for your pain depends on multiple factors. If you sustain emotional trauma (regardless of whether the stress caused you to seek mental health counseling), you might collect compensation. Time lost from work is also a result for damages. If you can no longer undertake daily activities such as gardening or spending time with your children, you too might receive damages. Juries and courts commonly award punitive damages to punish wrongful conduct.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Doraville?
• Check for the state of other passengers in the car with you, and if protected, make sure the other driver is also in a good condition.
• If cars are in a safe place, then call the police.
• If things are polite between you and the other motorist, exchange insurance information with one another.
• DO NOT provide a taped statement to the other driver’s insurance provider.
• Immediately seek medical attention after the responding police officer concludes their investigation of the accident scene and offers you with a police report number.
• Once you make it home, check the conditions page of your automobile insurance policy to see if you have either Med-Pay or personal injury protection to pay medical bills for your accident.
• Be sure to schedule a visit with your primary care physician or another doctor within your health insurance system who customarily treats people injured in car collisions.
Do I Need a Car crash Attorney if an insurance provider Offers Me Money?
While it is always best to consult with an experienced car accident lawyer, you may want to settle your car collision case.
You recognize your injuries are minor after consulting with a physician. The insurance provider payout is enough to cover your medical bills and compensate for your pain and suffering. It may make sense to settle your law suit without an attorney. However, we advise that you still consult with an attorney before a settlement. The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel provides free assistance about whether your offer is fair.
When You Can Not Afford a Car Accident Attorney
Doraville car accident lawyer Walter Gabriel can help. For car collision cases, we never bill a client out of pocket for any fees. So clients do not pay us any money before their claim settles.
To put it another way, when you sign up as a client with our firm, you will not pay us a single dollar. Once your case settles or reaches a jury decision, our fee comes from a chunk of your recovery. If your case does not result in a settlement or jury verdict, you will still not owe any expense. (A contingency fee agreement)
What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Motorist?
As long as the other motorist is at fault for your car accident, you should be able to establish your entitlement to money for medical bills and traumas. Sometimes, the responding policeman might believe the other driver to be at fault but decided not to issue a traffic ticket. While the officer provides a neutral story of the accident, they are not really an eyewitness.
Speak with a knowledgeable Doraville car accident lawyer to learn more. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel today.
What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Carrier Calls Me?
Regardless of whether you have an attorney, you are under no obligation to speak to the other driver’s insurance company. (You have nothing to benefit from speaking to the other driver’s insurance consultant.)
If you don’t have a lawyer when the other driver’s insurance provider calls, tell the insurance agent that you do not wish to reply to questions about your injuries or how the crash occurred. If you have legal counsel, inform the insurance company that you have legal representation. The insurance adjuster should stop questioning you about the car crash.
I Do Not Feel Harmed. Do I Still Need to See A Medical Doctor?
Yes, you should always see a doctor after a car crash. Our No.1 goal is to help you return your bodily and emotional health to where it was before the wreck took place. You may not know that you have suffered an injury until days (or weeks) after the accident occurred. A late visit to a medical practitioner may harm your medical recovery.
Do I Have A Case If I Was In Part At Fault?
When in doubt about whether you have a car accident case, you should always consult with a knowledgeable car accident law firm. Our attorney-client meetings are free, so there is no harm in communicating with a knowledgeable Doraville lawyer to determine whether you still have a case, despite what you may think about your role in contributing to the car crash.
Sometimes, even if you are partly at fault for your car accident, you may still be able to recover money from your car accident case. Call Doraville car accident lawyer Walter Gabriel to find out more.
How Do I Get My Car Repaired?
• Once the officer finishes their report, which usually takes a few days, you will discover the other driver’s insurance provider (and policy number).
• Use this critical information to open a property damage insurance claim against the other driver’s insurance coverage. Doing so helps you avoid paying a deductible for your automobile repair.
• Select a reputable body shop to repair your car.• Once you have selected a dealer, inform the other driver’s auto insurance adjuster.
• The body shop should send you an estimate for your repairs. It should also notify you of the final cost once it has completed repairs.
• Often, the body shop will bill the insurance company directly. Here, you will not have to worry about payment for your car repairs.
What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance Coverage?
Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage (UM coverage) will apply when the motorist who causes the wreck did not have an insurance policy. If you have an uninsured motorist policy, then you have cover to add to your insurance claim. To see if you have uninsured motorist cover, you should review your auto insurance declarations page.
Even if your car policy shows that you do not hold uninsured motorist coverage, you still may obtain cover. These situations include:
1. Living in the same home as another person who had UM coverage at the time of the collision.
2. You were a permissive driver of a vehicle with UM coverage.
3. You were a passenger in a vehicle where the driver had UM coverage.
Generally, there are two types of uninsured motorist coverage:
• Add-on (or excess) uninsurable motorist coverage. These policies allow you to stack coverage on top of the liability policy.
• Reduced by coverage. This policy equates to the amount of liability coverage less the amount of UM available.
Can my Doraville Car Crash Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
The economic value of car accidents always depends on varied factors as no two cases are the same.
Common factors affecting the value of settlement include:
• quantity of medical bills.
• Type of medical treatment recommended.
• extent of medical treatment.
• The extent of time missed from work.
• Whether long lasting bodily impairment exists.
• Whether a doctor performs or recommends surgery.
• The potential venue of the lawsuit.
• Whether the accused is a co-operative defendant.
Understand that there is no set formula for determining the value of an accident claim. Subjectivity applies when considering what a jury might do when determining the extent of your pain and suffering. Compensation does not have a fixed dollar amount.
If I Hire an Doraville Car Accident Attorney, Do I Have to Visit Court?
No. An experienced Doraville car accident lawyer like Walter Gabriel knows it is not a stipulation. Most claims for car accidents settle without ever having to file a law suit. Also, the vast majority of cases conclude before a proceeding before a jury takes place. Claims for car collisions settle when the insurance company offers enough money to match medical bills and pay for pain and suffering. Whether or not a case goes to trial, of course, often depends on you. Call Doraville car accident attorney Walter Gabriel to discuss your case today.
My Car Accident Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
We settle cases on behalf of those who were:
• Living outside of Georgia when their collision occurred.
• Located outside of Georgia when their accident took place.
We are Doraville car accident attorneys, but we regularly represent out-of-state clients in the location where the client sustained injuries.
Statute of Limitations for Auto Accidents in Georgia
Statutes of limitations are statutes that identify the deadline to sue. If you cannot sue in time, you relinquish the right to damages. Georgia drivers, in most cases, have two years from the accident to sue. Claimants making claims against cities in Georgia must properly deliver an ante litem notice within six months.
Courts impose strict guidelines for what constitutes sufficient notice to cities in Georgia. If you wish to make your legal claim with the City of Doraville, for example, the Doraville City Council has a claim form on its website. Claimants must offer similar notice properly delivered to Georgia counties within 12 months and Georgia state agencies within 12 months.
If a claimant is a minor, Georgia extends the statute of limitations until he or she turns 18 years old. Where the underlying tort is a crime, tolling provisions also apply. Tolling also happens when either the claimant or at-fault driver has passed away. If you cannot file your claim before the deadline passes, you will lose your right to recover. Georgia imposes a two-year deadline for most injury claims, but shorter deadlines exist for claims against Georgia government agencies.
Given the significance of filing a timely claim, get in touch with the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel immediately. Walter Gabriel will evaluate your car accident injury claim and provide you with impartial advice.
Why Should You Hire a Car Collision Law Professionals After a Car Accident?
A car accident attorney in Doraville:
• offers full legal representation if your case goes to court.
• Helps you settle a case outside of court.
• Helps you navigate the complicated legal system.
• Provides ongoing legal support.
• Fights for the compensation you deserve.
Contact an Experienced Doraville Car Accident Attorney for a Free and discreet Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has extensive experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car wreck disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique viewpoint comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his experiences in litigation.
Close engagement with the client is the key to effective legal representation in a personal injury case. Walter Gabriel assesses critical information about the accident and addresses all concerns. Contact Walter Gabriel to find out if you have a case. Request a free and confidential consultation with a skilled Doraville personal injury lawyer.