Car Accident Injury Lawyer Forest Park GA
Forest Park GA Car Accident Injury Lawyer
Walter Gabriel is a highly recommend Forest Park car accident attorney for people injured in truck crashes in the Forest Park area and throughout Georgia. Each year, car accidents cause thousands of deaths and long-lasting changes to many lives. In 2020, 42,060 Americans lost their lives to car accidents — up 8 percent from 2019, and the first increase in four years. Accidents often cause severe and lasting consequences, even if the collision is mild.
Typical injuries that car accident sufferers sustain include:
• Neck pain/back soreness
• Muscle strain
• Numbness/tingling in upper/lower appendage
• Sleeping issues
• Shooting aches and pains in legs
• Disc bulging
• Spinal misalignment
• Joint Separation
• Lumbar bruise
• Dysfunction of the cervical region
Some of the most dangerous car accidents cause:
• Traumatic brain injury
• Burn injuries
• Catastrophic injury
• Wrongful death
Those who are unfamiliar with the litigation process view car accidents as easy to handle. However, litigation complicates matters as the dispute grows.
In this guide, learn more about automobile accidents in Forest Park and why you will need to hire an experienced attorney to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Table of Contents
• Common Scenarios for Car Accidents
• Common Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Accidents in Forest Park
• What Are Your Rights After a Car Accident in?
• What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Forest Park?
• Do I Need an Forest Park Car Accident Attorney if an Insurance Company Offers Me Money?
• When You Can Not Afford an Car Accident Attorney
• What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Driver?
• What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Company Calls Me?
• I Do Not Feel Hurt. Do I Still Need to See A Doctor?
• Do I Have A Case If I Was Partly At Fault?
• How Do I Get My Car Repaired?
• What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance?
• Can an Forest Park Car Accident Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
• If I Hire an Forest Park Car Accident Attorney, Do I Have to visit Court?
• My Car Accident Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Georgia
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Louisiana
• Why Should You Hire a Car Accident Lawyer After a Car Accident?
• Contact an Experienced Forest Park Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Confidential Consultation
Common Scenarios for Car Accidents
Consider a driver was messaging when they collided with another driver. This case might seem simple upon first impression. But there is more to litigation than demonstrating the defendant is liable. Walter Gabriel feels that, in cases like this, the total amount of compensation determines success. There is a distinction between receiving $100,000 and $250 in damages.
Perhaps, in your case, the defendant questions the severity of your injuries. Or the defendant believes you contributed (partially) to the accident, which then reduces your compensation. As you can see, if the defendant is aggressive, they could complicate your dispute. You must work with an experienced Forest Park car accident lawyer who advocates vigorously on your behalf. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel or book a complimentary consultation. You pay NOTHING unless you WIN.
Contact an Experienced Forest Park Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Discreet Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has significant experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car wreck disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique understanding comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his knowledge in litigation.
Common Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Crashes
Several risk factors often contribute to car accidents. Examples include:
• Mechanical problems.
• Road hazards.
• Intoxicated driving.
• preoccupied driving.
• Unlicensed drivers.
• Following too closely.
• Violation of the hands-free law.
Not all disputes progress in the same fashion. Accident claims can give rise to arguments based on premises liability, product defect liability, and other theories. The damages presented to an injured plaintiff may vary along a diverse spectrum depending on the situations that caused the accident.
For instance, a Georgia court may award compensatory damages and also penalize the accused with punitive damages. Georgia law allows for punitive damages under limited circumstances. (For example, inebriated driving accidents where the defendant acted with a reckless disregard for safety.)
What Are Your Rights After a Car Crash in Forest Park?
Before you consider damages, you must establish accountability. (The other party must have triggered your motor vehicle collision.)
The other driver might dispute liability if your vehicle was side-swiped or when there is no police record. So reach out to a car accident attorney as soon as possible.
Once you establish liability, you may receive settlement for:
• Medical bills
• Future medical bills
• Physical pain/suffering
• Emotional trauma
• Lost wages
• Loss of consortium
• Permanent physical impairment
• Punitive damages
If injured, you may receive repayment for medical bills that you incurred after your accident. If a doctor says you need extended medical treatment, you may receive an additional payment. Regardless, you are worthy of compensation for the physical discomfort you suffer. In our legal system, money is the only form of redress for your injury.
How much money you receive for your pain depends on many factors. If you sustain emotional trauma (regardless of whether the trauma caused you to seek mental health counseling), you might get compensation. Time missed out on from work is also a cause for damages. If you can no longer execute daily activities such as gardening or spending time with your young ones, you too might receive compensation. Juries and courts typically award punitive damages to punish wrongful conduct.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Forest Park?
• Check for the status of other passengers in the car with you, and if protected, make sure the other driver is also in a healthy condition.
• If automobiles are in a safe place, then call the authorities.
• If things are cordial between you and the other motorist, exchange insurance information with one another.
• DO NOT provide a taped statement to the other driver’s insurance company.
• Immediately seek medical attention after the responding police officer ends their investigation of the collision scene and offers you with a police report number.
• Once you make it home, check the terms page of your automobile insurance policy to see if you have either Med-Pay or personal injury protection to pay medical bills for your accident.
• Be sure to schedule a visit with your primary care physician or another doctor within your health insurance community who customarily treats people injured in car collisions.
Do I Need a Car collision Attorney if an insurance provider Offers Me Money?
While it is always best to contact with an experienced car accident lawyer, you may want to settle your car accident case.
You find out your injuries are minor after consulting with a medical practitioner. The insurance company payout is enough to cover your medical-related bills and compensate for your pain and suffering. It may make sense to settle your legal matter without an attorney. However, we advise that you still consult with an attorney before a settlement. The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel provides free assistance about whether your offer is fair.
When You Can Not Afford a Car Accident Attorney
Forest Park car accident lawyer Walter Gabriel can help. For car accident cases, we never bill a client out of pocket for any fees. So clients do not pay us any money before their case settles.
To put it another way, when you sign up as a client with our firm, you will not pay us a single dollar. Once your case settles or reaches a jury verdict, our fee comes from a portion of your recovery. If your case does not conclude in a settlement or jury verdict, you will still not owe any amount. (A contingency fee agreement)
What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Motorist?
As long as the other driver is at fault for your car accident, you should be able to establish your entitlement to money for medical bills and injuries. Sometimes, the responding policeman might believe the other driver to be to blame but decided not to issue a traffic ticket. While the officer provides a neutral explanation of the accident, they are not necessarily an eyewitness.
Speak with a practiced Forest Park car accident lawyer to learn more. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel today.
What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Provider Calls Me?
Regardless of whether you have an attorney, you are under no commitment to speak to the other driver’s insurance carrier. (You have nothing to benefit from speaking to the other driver’s insurance representative.)
If you don’t have legal counsel when the other driver’s insurance company calls, tell the insurance agent that you do not wish to reply to questions about your injuries or how the crash occurred. If you have legal counsel, inform the insurance company that you have legal representation. The insurance adjuster should stop questioning you about the car accident.
I Do Not Feel Harmed. Do I Still Need to See A Physician?
Yes, you should without exception see a doctor after a car crash. Our No.1 goal is to help you return your physical and mental health to where it was before the wreck happened. You may not know that you have suffered an injury until days (or weeks) after the collision occurred. A late visit to a medical practitioner may harm your medical recovery.
Do I Have A Case If I Was Partly At Fault?
When in doubt about whether you have a car collision case, you should always seek advice from with a knowledgeable car accident lawyer. Our attorney-client appointments are free, so there is no harm in communicating with a knowledgeable Forest Park lawyer to determine whether you still have a case, despite what you may think about your role in contributing to the car crash.
Sometimes, even if you are to a certain extent at fault for your car accident, you may still be able to recoup money from your car accident case. Call Forest Park car accident lawyer Walter Gabriel to find out more.
How Do I Get My Car Restored?
• Once the police officer finishes their report, which usually takes a few days, you will discover the other driver’s insurance carrier (and policy number).
• Use this critical information to open a property damage claim against the other driver’s insurance plan. Doing so helps you avoid paying a deductible for your vehicle repair.
• Select a reputable body shop to fix your car.
• Once you have selected a dealer, inform the other driver’s car insurance adjuster.
• The body shop should send you an estimate for your repairs. It should also notify you of the final cost once it has completed repairs.
• Often, the body shop will bill the insurance company directly. Here, you will not have to worry about payment for your car repairs.
What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Coverage?
Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage (UM coverage) will apply when the motorist who causes the wreck did not have an insurance policy. If you have an uninsured motorist policy, then you have cover to add to your claim. To see if you have uninsured motorist cover, you should review your auto insurance declarations page.
Even if your automobile policy shows that you do not have uninsured motorist coverage, you still may receive cover. These situations include:
1. Living in the same household as another person who had UM coverage at the time of the collision.
2. You were a permissive driver of a car with UM coverage.
3. You were a passenger in a vehicle where the driver had UM coverage.
Generally, there are two types of uninsured motorist coverage:
• Add-on (or excess) uninsurable motorist coverage. These policies allow you to stack coverage on top of the liability policy.
• Reduced by coverage. This policy equates to the amount of liability coverage less the amount of UM available.
Can my Forest Park Car Crash Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
The worth of car accidents always depends on several factors as no two cases are the same.
Common factors influencing the value of payment include:
• Number of medical bills.
• Type of medical treatment needed.
• Duration of medical treatment.
• The extent of time missed from work.
• Whether long lasting bodily impairment exists.
• Whether a doctor performs or recommends surgery.
• The potential place of the lawsuit.
• Whether the defendant is a co-operative defendant.
Understand that there is no set method for determining the value of an accident claim. Subjectivity applies when considering what a jury might do when determining the extent of your pain and suffering. Compensation does not have a fixed dollar amount.
If I Hire an Forest Park Car Accident Attorney, Do I Have to Visit Court?
No. An experienced Forest Park car accident lawyer like Walter Gabriel knows it is not a requirement. Most claims for car accidents settle without ever having to file a law suit. Also, the vast majority of cases conclude before a legal proceeding before a jury takes place. Claims for car crashes settle when the insurance company offers enough money to satisfy medical bills and pay for pain and suffering. Whether or not a case goes to trial, of course, often depends on you. Call Forest Park car accident attorney Walter Gabriel to discuss your case today.
My Car Wreck Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
We settle cases on behalf of those who were:
• Living outside of Georgia when their accident occurred.
• Located outside of Georgia when their accident occurred.
We are Forest Park car accident attorneys, but we commonly represent out-of-state clients in the location where the client received injuries.
Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Georgia
Statutes of limitations are statutes that stipulate the deadline to sue. If you cannot sue in time, you lose the right to damages. Georgia drivers, in most cases, have two years from the accident to sue. Claimants making claims against cities in Georgia must properly deliver an ante litem notice inside of six months.
Courts impose stringent guidelines for what constitutes sufficient notice to cities in Georgia. If you wish to make your suit with the City of Forest Park, for example, the Forest Park City Council has a claim form on its website. Claimants must provide similar notice properly delivered to Georgia counties in just 12 months and Georgia state agencies within 12 months.
If a complainant is a minor, Georgia expands the statute of limitations until he or she turns 18 years old. Where the underlying tort is a crime, tolling provisions also apply. Tolling also happens when either the claimant or at-fault driver has passed away. If you are not able to file your claim before the deadline passes, you will lose your right to recover. Georgia imposes a two-year deadline for most injury claims, but shorter deadlines exist for claims against Georgia agencies.
Given the significance of filing a timely claim, get in touch with the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel right away. Walter Gabriel will evaluate your car accident injury claim and provide you with impartial advice.
Why Should You Hire a Car Crash Law Professionals After a Car Accident?
A car accident attorney in Forest Park:
• supplies full legal representation if your case goes to court.
• Helps you settle a case outside of court.
• Helps you navigate the complicated legal system.
• Provides ongoing legal support.
• Fights for the compensation you need.
Contact an Experienced Forest Park Car Accident Attorney for a Free and discreet Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has significant experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car crash disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique viewpoint comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his experiences in litigation.
Close engagement with the client is the key to effective legal representation in a personal injury case. Walter Gabriel assesses critical information about the accident and answers all concerns. Contact Walter Gabriel to find out if you have a case. Request a free and confidential consultation with a skilled Forest Park personal injury lawyer.