Car Accident Injury Lawyer Glen Haven GA
Glen Haven GA Car Accident Injury Law Firm
Walter Gabriel is a highly recommend Glen Haven car collision lawyer for people injured in automobile crashes in the Glen Haven area and throughout Georgia. Each year, car accidents produce thousands of deaths and irreversible changes to many lives. In 2020, 42,060 Americans lost their lives to car crashes — up 8 percent from 2019, and the first increase in four years. Accidents often cause major and lasting consequences, even if the collision is minimal.
Common injuries that car accident affected individuals sustain include:
• Neck pain/back soreness
• Muscle strain
• Numbness/tingling in upper/lower extremity
• Sleeping trouble
• Shooting pain in legs
• Disc bulging
• neck and back misalignment
• Joint Separation
• Lumbar bruise
• Dysfunction of the cervical region
Some of the most serious car accidents cause:
• Traumatic brain injury
• Burn injuries
• Catastrophic injury
• Wrongful death
Those who are unfamiliar with the litigation process perceive car collisions as easy to handle. However, litigation complicates matters as the dispute grows.
In this guide, learn more about car accidents in Glen Haven and why you need to hire an experienced attorney to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Table of Contents
• Common Scenarios for Car Accidents
• Common Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Accidents in Glen Haven
• What Are Your Rights After a Car Accident in?
• What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Glen Haven?
• Do I Need an Glen Haven Car Accident Attorney if an Insurance Company Offers Me Money?
• When You Can Not Afford an Car Accident Attorney
• What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Driver?
• What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Company Calls Me?
• I Do Not Feel Hurt. Do I Still Need to See A Doctor?
• Do I Have A Case If I Was Partly At Fault?
• How Do I Get My Car Repaired?
• What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance?
• Can an Glen Haven Car Accident Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
• If I Hire an Glen Haven Car Accident Attorney, Do I Have to visit Court?
• My Car Accident Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Georgia
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Louisiana
• Why Should You Hire a Car Accident Lawyer After a Car Accident?
• Contact an Experienced Glen Haven Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Confidential Consultation
Common Situations for Car Crashes
Consider a driver was messaging when they collided with another person. This instance might seem simple upon first impression. But there is more to litigation than proving the defendant is liable. Walter Gabriel feels that, in cases like this, the total amount of compensation determines success. There is a difference between receiving $100,000 and $250 in damages.
Perhaps, in your case, the defendant questions the seriousness of your injuries. Or the defendant believes you contributed (partially) to the accident, which then reduces your compensation. As you can see, if the defendant is aggressive, they could complicate your dispute. You should always work with a seasoned Glen Haven car accident lawyer who advocates strongly on your behalf. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel or book a no-cost consultation. You pay NOTHING unless you WIN.
Contact an Experienced Glen Haven Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Discreet Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has substantial experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car wreck disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique perspective comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his experience in litigation.
Common Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Crashes
A variety of risk factors often lead to car accidents. Examples include:
• Mechanical flaws.
• Road hazards.
• Intoxicated driving.
• sidetracked driving.
• Unlicensed drivers.
• Following too closely.
• Violation of the hands-free law.
Not all disputes develop in the same way. Accident claims can give rise to arguments based on premises liability, product defect liability, and other theories. The damages available to an injured plaintiff may vary along a diverse spectrum depending on the situations that caused the accident.
For instance, a Georgia court may award compensatory damages and also penalize the accused with punitive damages. Georgia law allows for punitive damages under restricted circumstances. (For example, intoxicated driving accidents where the defendant acted with a dangerous disregard for safety.)
What Are Your Legal Rights After a Car Accident in Glen Haven?
Before you consider damages, you must establish accountability. (The other party must have brought about your motor vehicle crash.)
The other motorist might dispute liability if your automotive was side-swiped or when there is no police record. So reach out to a car accident attorney as soon as possible.
Once you establish liability, you may receive reimbursement for:
• Medical bills
• Future medical bills
• Physical pain/suffering
• Emotional trauma
• Lost wages
• Loss of consortium
• Permanent physical impairment
• Punitive damages
If injured, you may receive repayment for medical bills that you incurred after your accident. If a doctor says you need extended medical treatment, you may receive an additional payment. Regardless, you are worthy of compensation for the physical serious pain you suffer. In our legal system, money is the only form of redress for your traumas.
How much money you get for your pain depends on many factors. If you suffer emotional trauma (regardless of whether the stress caused you to seek mental health counseling), you might receive compensation. Time lost from work is also a result for damages. If you can no longer undertake daily activities such as gardening or spending time with your kids, you too might receive damages. Juries and courts usually award punitive damages to punish wrongful conduct.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Glen Haven?
• Check for the state of other passengers in the car with you, and if safe, make sure the other driver is also in a healthy condition.
• If automobiles are in a safe place, then call the police force.
• If things are cordial between you and the other vehicle driver, exchange insurance information with one another.
• DO NOT provide a recorded statement to the other driver’s insurance carrier.
• Immediately seek medical attention after the responding police officer ends their investigation of the collision scene and offers you with a police report number.
• Once you make it home, check the terms page of your automobile insurance coverage to see if you have either Med-Pay or personal injury protection to pay medical bills for your accident.
• Be sure to schedule an appointment with your primary care physician or another doctor within your health insurance community who customarily treats people injured in car collisions.
Do I Need a Car crash Attorney if an insurance carrier Offers Me Money?
While it is always best to seek advice from with an experienced car accident lawyer, you may want to settle your car collision case.
You find out your injuries are minor after consulting with a physician. The insurance company payout is enough to cover your medical-related bills and compensate for your pain and suffering. It may make sense to settle your law suit without an attorney. However, we advise that you still consult with an attorney before a agreement. The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel provides free advice about whether your offer is fair.
When You Can Not Afford To Pay For a Car Accident Attorney
Glen Haven car collision lawyer Walter Gabriel can help. For car collision cases, we never charge a client out of pocket for any costs. So clients do not pay us any money before their case settles.
To put it another way, when you sign on as a client with our firm, you will not pay us a single dollar. Once your case settles or reaches a jury verdict, our fee comes from a part of your recovery. If your case does not conclude in a settlement or jury verdict, you will still not owe any expense. (A contingency fee agreement)
What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Driver?
As long as the other vehicle operator is at fault for your car accident, you should be able to establish your entitlement to money for medical bills and injuries. Sometimes, the responding policeman might believe the other driver to be to blame but decided not to issue a citation. While the officer provides a neutral explanation of the accident, they are not necessarily an eyewitness.
Speak with a knowledgeable Glen Haven car accident lawyer to learn more. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel today.
What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Carrier Calls Me?
Regardless of whether you have an attorney, you are under no obligation to speak to the other driver’s insurance company. (You have nothing to benefit from speaking to the other driver’s insurance associate.)
If you don’t have an attorney when the other driver’s insurance company calls, tell the insurance representative that you do not wish to respond to questions about your injuries or how the collision occurred. If you have an attorney, inform the insurance company that you have legal representation. The insurance adjuster should stop questioning you about the car wreck.
I Do Not Feel Injured. Do I Still Need to See A Doctor?
Yes, you should be sure to see a doctor after a car accident. Our No.1 goal is to help you return your physiological and psychological health to where it was before the wreck occurred. You may not know that you have sustained an injury until days (or weeks) after the accident occurred. A late visit to a physician may harm your medical recovery.
Do I Have A Case If I Was In Part At Fault?
When in doubt about whether you have a car collision case, you should always contact with an experienced car accident law firm. Our attorney-client consultations are free, so there is no harm in communicating with an experienced Glen Haven lawyer to determine whether you still have a case, despite what you may think about your role in contributing to the car crash.
Sometimes, even if you are partially at fault for your car accident, you may still be able to recover money from your car accident case. Call Glen Haven car accident lawyer Walter Gabriel to find out more.
How Do I Get My Car Fixed?
• Once the police officer finishes their report, which usually takes a few days, you will discover the other driver’s insurance company (and policy number).
• Use this critical information to open a property damage claim against the other driver’s insurance coverage. Doing so helps you avoid paying a deductible for your vehicle repair.
• Select a reputable body shop to repair your car.
• Once you have selected a dealer, inform the other driver’s auto insurance adjuster.
• The body shop should send you an estimate for your repairs. It should also notify you of the final cost once it has completed repairs.
• Often, the body shop will bill the insurance company directly. Here, you will not have to worry about payment for your car repairs.
What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance?
Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage (UM coverage) will apply when the driver who causes the wreck did not have insurance. If you have an uninsured motorist policy, then you have cover to add to your insurance claim. To see if you have uninsured motorist cover, you should review your auto insurance declarations page.
Even if your car policy shows that you do not possess uninsured motorist coverage, you still may obtain cover. These situations include:
1. Living in the same household as another person who had UM coverage at the time of the accident.
2. You were a permissive driver of a vehicle with UM coverage.
3. You were a passenger in a vehicle where the driver had UM coverage.
Generally, there are two types of uninsured motorist coverage:
• Add-on (or excess) uninsured motorist coverage. These policies allow you to stack coverage on top of the liability policy.
• Reduced by coverage. This policy equates to the amount of liability coverage less the amount of UM available.
Can my Glen Haven Car Crash Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
The value of car accidents always depends on several factors as no two cases are the same.
Common factors impacting the value of settlement include:
• amount of medical bills.
• Type of medical treatment needed.
• length of medical treatment.
• The extent of time missed from work.
• Whether long lasting bodily impairment exists.
• Whether a doctor performs or advises surgery.
• The potential venue of the lawsuit.
• Whether the defendant is a co-operative defendant.
Understand that there is no set method for determining the value of a crash claim. Subjectivity applies when considering what a jury might do when deciding the extent of your pain and suffering. Compensation does not have a set dollar amount.
If I Hire an Glen Haven Car Crash Attorney, Do I Have to Visit Court?
No. An experienced Glen Haven car accident lawyer like Walter Gabriel knows it is not a requirement. Most claims for car accidents settle without ever having to file a law suit. Also, the vast majority of cases conclude before a legal proceeding before a jury takes place. Claims for car accidents settle when the insurance company offers enough money to satisfy medical bills and compensate for pain and suffering. Whether or not a case goes to trial, of course, often depends on you. Call Glen Haven car accident attorney Walter Gabriel to discuss your case today.
My Car Accident Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
We settle cases on behalf of those who were:
• Living outside of Georgia when their collision occurred.
• Located outside of Georgia when their accident occurred.
We are Glen Haven car accident attorneys, but we frequently represent out-of-state clients in the location where the client sustained injuries.
Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Georgia
Statutes of limitations are statutes that stipulate the deadline to sue. If you cannot sue in time, you forfeit the right to damages. Georgia drivers, in most cases, have two years from the impact to sue. Claimants making claims against cities in Georgia must properly deliver an ante litem notice within six months.
Courts impose strict guidelines for what constitutes ample notice to cities in Georgia. If you wish to make your suit with the City of Glen Haven, for instance, the Glen Haven City Council has a claim form on its website. Claimants must supply similar notice properly delivered to Georgia counties within 12 months and Georgia state agencies within 12 months.
If a complainant is a minor, Georgia lengthens the statute of limitations until he or she turns 18 years old. Where the underlying tort is a crime, tolling provisions also apply. Tolling also happens when either the claimant or at-fault driver has perished. If you are unable to file your claim before the deadline passes, you will lose your right to collect. Georgia imposes a two-year deadline for most injury claims, but shorter deadlines exist for claims against Georgia agencies.
Given the significance of filing a timely claim, get in touch with the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel as soon as possible. Walter Gabriel will evaluate your car accident injury claim and provide you with unbiased advice.
Why Should You Hire a Car Collision Attorney After a Car Accident?
A car accident attorney in Glen Haven:
• Provides full legal representation if your case goes to court.
• Helps you settle a case outside of court.
• Helps you understand the complicated legal system.
• Provides ongoing legal support.
• Fights for the compensation you need.
Contact an Experienced Glen Haven Car Accident Attorney for a Free and discreet Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has substantial experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car wreck disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique viewpoint comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his experiences in litigation.
Close engagement with the client is the secret to effective legal representation in a personal injury case. Walter Gabriel analyzes critical information about the accident and answers all concerns. Contact Walter Gabriel to find out if you have a case. Request a free and confidential consultation with a skilled Glen Haven personal injury lawyer.