Car Accident Injury Lawyer Gloster GA
Gloster GA Car Accident Injury Lawyer
Walter Gabriel is a highly recommend Gloster car crash attorney for people injured in automobile crashes in the Gloster area and spanning Georgia. Each year, car accidents bring about thousands of deaths and long-lasting changes to many lives. In 2020, 42,060 Americans lost their lives to car collisions — up 8 percent from 2019, and the first increase in four years. Accidents often cause serious and lasting consequences, even if the collision is minor.
Typical injuries that car accident sufferers sustain include:
• Neck discomfort/back discomfort
• Muscle strain
• Numbness/tingling in upper/lower extremity
• Sleeping trouble
• Shooting pain in legs
• Disc bulging
• spine misalignment
• Joint Separation
• Lumbar bruise
• Dysfunction of the cervical region
Some of the most serious car accidents cause:
• Traumatic brain injury
• Burn damage
• Catastrophic injury
• Wrongful death
Those who are unfamiliar with the litigation process see car accidents as easy to handle. However, litigation complicates matters as the dispute develops.
In this guide, learn more about vehicle accidents in Gloster and why you want to hire an experienced attorney to fight for the payment you deserve.
Table of Contents
• Common Scenarios for Car Accidents
• Common Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Accidents in Gloster
• What Are Your Rights After a Car Accident in?
• What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Gloster?
• Do I Need an Gloster Car Accident Attorney if an Insurance Company Offers Me Money?
• When You Can Not Afford an Car Accident Attorney
• What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Driver?
• What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Company Calls Me?
• I Do Not Feel Hurt. Do I Still Need to See A Doctor?
• Do I Have A Case If I Was Partly At Fault?
• How Do I Get My Car Repaired?
• What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance?
• Can an Gloster Car Accident Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
• If I Hire an Gloster Car Accident Attorney, Do I Have to visit Court?
• My Car Accident Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Georgia
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Louisiana
• Why Should You Hire a Car Accident Lawyer After a Car Accident?
• Contact an Experienced Gloster Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Confidential Consultation
Common Circumstances for Car Crashes
Suppose a driver was text messaging when they collided with another person. This case might seem simple upon first impression. But there is more to litigation than demonstrating the defendant is responsible. Walter Gabriel believes that, in cases like this, the total amount of compensation determines success. There is a discrepancy between receiving $100,000 and $250 in damages.
Perhaps, in your case, the defendant challenges the extent of your injuries. Or the defendant believes you contributed (partially) to the crash, which then lowers your compensation. As you can see, if the defendant is aggressive, they could complicate your dispute. You need to work with a knowledgeable Gloster car accident lawyer who advocates aggressively on your behalf. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel or book a free consultation. You pay NOTHING unless you WIN.
Contact an Experienced Gloster Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Private Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has substantial experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car crash disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique understanding comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his experience in litigation.
Prevalent Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Accidents
Several risk factors often lead to car accidents. Examples include:
• Mechanical flaws.
• Road hazards.
• inebriated driving.
• Distracted driving.
• Unlicensed drivers.
• Following too closely.
• Violation of the hands-free law.
Not all disputes develop in the same fashion. Accident claims can give rise to arguments based on premises liability, product defect liability, and other theories. The damages obtainable to an injured plaintiff may vary along a wide spectrum depending on the circumstances that caused the accident.
For instance, a Georgia court may award compensatory damages and also discipline the defendant with punitive damages. Georgia law allows for punitive damages under specific circumstances. (For example, inebriated driving accidents where the defendant acted with a careless disregard for safety.)
What Are Your Legal Rights After a Car Crash in Gloster?
Before you consider damages, you must establish accountability. (The other party must have caused your motor vehicle collision.)
The other driver might dispute liability if your car was side-swiped or when there is no police record. So reach out to a car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Once you establish liability, you may receive settlement for:
• Medical bills
• Future medical bills
• Physical pain/suffering
• Emotional trauma
• Lost wages
• Loss of consortium
• Permanent physical impairment
• Punitive damages
If hurt, you may receive reimbursement for medical bills that you incurred after your collision. If a doctor says you need future medical treatment, you may receive an additional payment. Regardless, you are worthy of compensation for the physical pain you suffer. In our legal system, money is the only form of redress for your injuries.
How much money you receive for your pain depends on many factors. If you sustain emotional trauma (regardless of whether the trauma caused you to seek mental health counseling), you might collect compensation. Time missed out on from work is also a cause for damages. If you can no longer undertake daily activities such as gardening or spending time with your young ones, you too might receive compensation. Juries and courts usually award punitive damages to punish wrongful conduct.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Gloster?
• Check for the status of other passengers in the car with you, and if safe, make sure the other driver is also in a good condition.
• If vehicles are in a safe place, then call the police.
• If things are polite between you and the other motorist, exchange insurance information with one another.
• DO NOT provide a recorded statement to the other driver’s insurance carrier.
• Immediately seek medical attention after the responding police officer wraps up their investigation of the collision scene and offers you with a police report number.
• Once you make it home, check the conditions page of your automobile insurance plan to see if you have either Med-Pay or personal injury protection to pay medical bills for your accident.
• Be sure to schedule a session with your primary care physician or another doctor within your health insurance system who customarily treats people injured in car collisions.
Do I Need a Car crash Attorney if an Insurance Company Offers Me Money?
While it is always best to consult with an experienced car accident lawyer, you may want to settle your car crash case.
You recognize your injuries are minor after consulting with a medical practitioner. The insurance company payout is enough to cover your medical bills and compensate for your pain and suffering. It may make sense to settle your case without an attorney. However, we advise that you still consult with an attorney before a settlement. The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel provides free advice about whether your offer is fair.
When You Can Not Afford To Pay For a Car Accident Attorney
Gloster car crash lawyer Walter Gabriel can help. For car accident cases, we never charge a client out of pocket for any charges. So clients do not pay us any money before their claim settles.
To put it another way, when you sign on as a client with our law firm, you will not pay us a single dollar. Once your case settles or reaches a jury decision, our fee comes from a chunk of your recovery. If your case does not result in a settlement or jury verdict, you will still not owe any expense. (A contingency fee agreement)
What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Driver?
As long as the other driver is at fault for your car accident, you should be able to establish your entitlement to money for medical bills and traumas. Sometimes, the responding policeman might believe the other driver to be culpable but decided not to issue a ticket. While the officer provides a neutral account of the accident, they are not an eyewitness.
Speak with a seasoned Gloster car accident lawyer to learn more. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel today.
What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Company Calls Me?
Regardless of whether you have an attorney, you are under no commitment to speak to the other driver’s insurance company. (You have nothing to gain from speaking to the other driver’s insurance agent.)
If you don’t have a lawyer when the other driver’s insurance company calls, tell the insurance representative that you do not wish to reply to questions about your injuries or how the crash occurred. If you have an attorney, inform the insurance company that you have legal representation. The insurance adjuster should stop questioning you about the car crash.
I Do Not Feel Harmed. Do I Still Need to See A Physician?
Yes, you should be sure to see a doctor after a car collision. Our No.1 goal is to help you return your bodily and psychological health to where it was before the wreck happened. You may not know that you have sustained an injury until days (or weeks) after the accident occurred. A late visit to a physician may harm your medical recovery.
Do I Have A Case If I Was In Part At Fault?
When in doubt about whether you have a car accident case, you should always contact with a practiced car accident attorney. Our attorney-client meetings are free, so there is no harm in communicating with a knowledgeable Gloster lawyer to determine whether you still have a case, despite what you may think about your role in contributing to the car collision.
Sometimes, even if you are to a certain extent at fault for your car accident, you may still be able to recoup money from your car accident case. Call Gloster car accident lawyer Walter Gabriel to find out more.
How Do I Get My Car Repaired?
• Once the police officer finishes their report, which usually takes a few days, you will discover the other driver’s insurance carrier (and policy number).
• Use this information to open a property damage claim against the other driver’s insurance plan. Doing so helps you prevent paying a deductible for your automobile repair.
• Select a reputable body shop to fix your car.
• Once you have selected a dealer, inform the other driver’s insurance adjuster.
• The body shop should send you an estimate for your repairs. It should also notify you of the final cost once it has completed repairs.
• Often, the body shop will bill the insurance company directly. Here, you will not have to worry about payment for your car repairs.
What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance?
Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage (UM coverage) will apply when the vehicle operator who causes the wreck did not have insurance. If you have an uninsured motorist policy, then you have cover to add to your claim. To see if you have uninsured motorist cover, you should review your auto insurance declarations page.
Even if your vehicle policy shows that you do not have uninsured motorist coverage, you still may receive cover. These situations include:
1. Living in the same home as another person who had UM coverage at the time of the crash.
2. You were a permissive driver of a car or truck with UM coverage.
3. You were a passenger in a vehicle where the driver had UM coverage.
Generally, there are two types of uninsured motorist coverage:
• Add-on (or excess) uninsured motorist coverage. These policies allow you to stack coverage on top of the liability policy.
• Reduced by coverage. This policy equates to the amount of liability coverage less the amount of UM available.
Can my Gloster Car Accident Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
The economic value of car accidents always depends on multiple factors as no two cases are the same.
Common factors affecting the value of compensation include:
• quantity of medical bills.
• Type of medical treatment needed.
• length of medical treatment.
• The extent of time missed from work.
• Whether irreversible bodily impairment exists.
• Whether a doctor performs or recommends surgery.
• The potential venue of the lawsuit.
• Whether the accused is a co-operative defendant.
Understand that there is no set method for determining the value of a crash claim. Subjectivity applies when considering what a jury might do when determining the extent of your pain and suffering. Compensation does not have a fixed dollar amount.
If I Hire an Gloster Car Crash Attorney, Do I Have to Visit Court?
No. An experienced Gloster car accident lawyer like Walter Gabriel knows it is not a stipulation. Most claims for car accidents settle without ever having to file a law suit. Also, the vast majority of cases conclude before a proceeding before a jury takes place. Claims for car crashes settle when the insurance company offers enough money to satisfy medical bills and pay for pain and suffering. Whether or not a case goes to trial, of course, often depends on you. Call Gloster car accident attorney Walter Gabriel to discuss your case today.
My Car Accident Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
We settle cases on behalf of those who were:
• Living outside of Georgia when their collision occurred.
• Located outside of Georgia when their accident took place.
We are Gloster car accident attorneys, but we commonly represent out-of-state clients in the location where the client experienced injuries.
Statute of Limitations for Auto Accidents in Georgia
Statutes of limitations are statutes that identify the deadline to sue. If you cannot sue in time, you forfeit the right to damages. Georgia drivers, in most cases, have two years from the accident to sue. Claimants making claims against cities in Georgia must properly deliver an ante litem notice within six months.
Courts impose rigid guidelines for what constitutes adequate notice to cities in Georgia. If you wish to make your suit with the City of Gloster, for example, the Gloster City Council has a claim form on its web site. Claimants must supply similar notice properly delivered to Georgia counties inside of 12 months and Georgia state agencies within 12 months.
If a claimant is a minor, Georgia stretches the statute of limitations until he or she turns 18 years old. Where the underlying tort is a crime, tolling provisions also apply. Tolling also happens when either the claimant or at-fault driver has passed away. If you are not able to file your claim before the deadline passes, you will lose your right to collect. Georgia imposes a two-year deadline for the majority injury claims, but shorter deadlines exist for claims against Georgia government offices.
Given the importance of filing a timely claim, get in touch with the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel as soon as possible. Walter Gabriel will evaluate your car accident injury claim and provide you with impartial advice.
Why Should You Hire a Car Accident Attorney After a Car Accident?
A car accident attorney in Gloster:
• Provides full legal representation if your case goes to court.
• Helps you settle a case outside of court.
• Helps you traverse the complicated legal system.
• Provides continuous legal support.
• Fights for the compensation you deserve.
Contact an Experienced Gloster Car Accident Attorney for a Free and discreet Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has extensive experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car accident disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique viewpoint comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his experience in litigation.
Close engagement with the client is the secret to effective legal representation in a personal injury case. Walter Gabriel assesses critical information about the accident and addresses all concerns. Contact Walter Gabriel to find out if you have a case. Request a free and confidential consultation with a skilled Gloster personal injury lawyer.