Car Accident Injury Lawyer Lake City GA
Lake City GA Car Accident Injury Law Firm
Walter Gabriel is a highly recommend Lake City car accident attorney for people injured in automobile crashes in the Lake City area and across Georgia. Each year, car accidents cause thousands of deaths and permanent changes to many lives. In 2020, 42,060 Americans lost their lives to car collisions — up 8 percent from 2019, and the first increase in four years. Accidents often cause severe and lasting consequences, even if the collision is mild.
Common injuries that car accident sufferers sustain include:
• Neck pain/back discomfort
• Muscle strain
• Numbness/tingling in upper/lower external body part
• Sleeping problems
• Shooting pain in legs
• Disc bulging
• neck and back misalignment
• Joint Separation
• Lumbar contusion
• Dysfunction of the cervical region
Some of the most severe car accidents cause:
• Traumatic brain injury
• Burn injuries
• Catastrophic injury
• Wrongful death
Those who are unfamiliar with the litigation process see car crashes as easy to handle. However, litigation complicates matters as the dispute grows.
In this guide, learn more about vehicle accidents in Lake City and why you need to hire an experienced attorney to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Table of Contents
• Common Scenarios for Car Accidents
• Common Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Accidents in Lake City
• What Are Your Rights After a Car Accident in?
• What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Lake City?
• Do I Need an Lake City Car Accident Attorney if an Insurance Company Offers Me Money?
• When You Can Not Afford an Car Accident Attorney
• What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Driver?
• What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Company Calls Me?
• I Do Not Feel Hurt. Do I Still Need to See A Doctor?
• Do I Have A Case If I Was Partly At Fault?
• How Do I Get My Car Repaired?
• What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance?
• Can an Lake City Car Accident Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
• If I Hire an Lake City Car Accident Attorney, Do I Have to visit Court?
• My Car Accident Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Georgia
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Louisiana
• Why Should You Hire a Car Accident Lawyer After a Car Accident?
• Contact an Experienced Lake City Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Confidential Consultation
Common Circumstances for Car Crashes
Imagine a driver was texting when they collided with another person. This case might seem simple upon first impression. But there is more to litigation than demonstrating the defendant is responsible. Walter Gabriel feels that, in cases like this, the total amount of compensation determines success. There is a distinction between receiving $100,000 and $250 in damages.
Perhaps, in your case, the defendant challenges the seriousness of your injuries. Or the defendant believes you contributed (partially) to the accident, which then decreases your compensation. As you can see, if the defendant is hostile, they could complicate your dispute. You must work with a knowledgeable Lake City car accident lawyer who advocates vigorously on your behalf. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel or book a no-cost consultation. You pay NOTHING unless you WIN.
Contact an Experienced Lake City Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Private Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has significant experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car wreck disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique perspective comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his experience in litigation.
Typical Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Collisions
Quite a few risk factors often lead to car accidents. Examples include:
• Mechanical flaws.
• Road hazards.
• Intoxicated driving.
• preoccupied driving.
• Unlicensed drivers.
• Following too closely.
• Violation of the hands-free law.
Not all disputes advance in the same way. Accident claims can give rise to arguments based on premises liability, product defect liability, and other theories. The damages presented to an injured plaintiff may vary along a diverse spectrum depending on the situations that caused the accident.
For example, a Georgia court may award compensatory damages and also penalize the accused with punitive damages. Georgia law allows for punitive damages under restricted circumstances. (For example, inebriated driving accidents where the defendant acted with a careless disregard for safety.)
What Are Your Rights After a Car Accident in Lake City?
Before you consider damages, you must establish liability. (The other party must have triggered your motor vehicle crash.)
The other vehicle driver might dispute liability if your vehicle was side-swiped or when there is no police record. So reach out to a car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Once you establish liability, you may receive reimbursement for:
• Medical bills
• Future medical bills
• Physical pain/suffering
• Emotional trauma
• Lost wages
• Loss of consortium
• Permanent physical impairment
• Punitive damages
If injured, you may receive repayment for medical bills that you incurred after your accident. If a doctor says you need long-term medical treatment, you may receive an additional payment. Regardless, you are worthy of compensation for the physical pain you suffer. In our legal system, money is the only form of redress for your injury.
How much money you get for your pain depends on multiple factors. If you suffer emotional trauma (regardless of whether the stress caused you to seek mental health counseling), you might receive compensation. Time missed from work is also a result for damages. If you can no longer perform daily activities such as gardening or spending time with your children, you too might receive compensation. Juries and courts typically award punitive damages to punish wrongful conduct.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Lake City?
• Check for the status of other passengers in the car with you, and if safe, make sure the other driver is also in a good condition.
• If vehicles are in a safe place, then call the authorities.
• If things are cordial between you and the other driver, exchange insurance information with one another.
• DO NOT provide a taped statement to the other driver’s insurance provider.
• Immediately seek medical attention after the responding police officer ends their investigation of the crash scene and gives you with a police report number.
• Once you make it home, check the declarations page of your automobile insurance policy to see if you have either Med-Pay or personal injury protection to pay medical bills for your crash.
• Be sure to schedule a visit with your primary care physician or another doctor within your health insurance system who customarily treats people injured in car accidents.
Do I Need a Car crash Attorney if an Insurance Company Offers Me Money?
While it is always best to contact with an experienced car accident lawyer, you may want to settle your car collision case.
You know your injuries are minor after consulting with a physician. The insurance carrier payout is enough to cover your healthcare bills and compensate for your pain and suffering. It may make sense to settle your law suit without an attorney. However, we advise that you still consult with an attorney before a settlement. The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel provides free assistance about whether your offer is fair.
When You Can Not Easily Afford a Car Accident Attorney
Lake City car accident lawyer Walter Gabriel can help. For car accident cases, we never charge a client out of pocket for any costs. So clients do not pay us any money before their case settles.
To put it another way, when you sign up as a client with our legal firm, you will not pay us a single dollar. Once your case settles or reaches a jury verdict, our fee comes from a chunk of your recovery. If your case does not result in a settlement or jury verdict, you will still not owe any fee. (A contingency fee agreement)
What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Driver?
As long as the other motorist is at fault for your car accident, you should be able to establish your entitlement to money for medical bills and traumas. Sometimes, the responding officer might believe the other driver to be at fault but decided not to issue a citation. While the officer provides a neutral story of the accident, they are not an eyewitness.
Speak with a practiced Lake City car accident lawyer to learn more. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel today.
What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Company Calls Me?
Regardless of whether you have an attorney, you are under no commitment to speak to the other driver’s insurance carrier. (You have nothing to benefit from speaking to the other driver’s insurance consultant.)
If you don’t have legal counsel when the other driver’s insurance carrier calls, tell the insurance agent that you do not wish to respond to questions about your injuries or how the accident occurred. If you have a lawyer, inform the insurance company that you have legal representation. The insurance adjuster should stop questioning you about the car wreck.
I Do Not Feel Injured. Do I Still Need to See A Doctor?
Yes, you should without exception see a doctor after a car accident. Our No.1 goal is to help you return your physiological and mental health to where it was before the wreck took place. You may not know that you have sustained an injury until days (or weeks) after the collision occurred. A late visit to a medical practitioner may harm your medical recovery.
Do I Have A Case If I Was Partially At Fault?
When in doubt about whether you have a car collision case, you should always seek advice from with a knowledgeable car accident attorney. Our attorney-client appointments are free, so there is no harm in talking with an experienced Lake City lawyer to determine whether you still have a case, despite what you may think about your role in contributing to the car collision.
Sometimes, even if you are partly at fault for your car accident, you may still be able to recoup money from your car accident case. Call Lake City car accident lawyer Walter Gabriel to find out more.
How Do I Get My Car Fixed?
• Once the officer finishes their report, which usually takes a few days, you will discover the other driver’s insurance provider (and policy number).
• Use this important information to open a property damage claim against the other driver’s insurance coverage. Doing so helps you avoid paying a deductible for your car repair.
• Select a reputable body shop to fix your car.
• Once you have selected a dealer, inform the other driver’s insurance adjuster.
• The body shop should send you an estimate for your repairs. It should also notify you of the final cost once it has completed repairs.
• Often, the body shop will bill the insurance company directly. Here, you will not have to worry about payment for your car repairs.
What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance Coverage?
Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage (UM coverage) will apply when the vehicle operator who causes the wreck did not have insurance. If you have an uninsured motorist policy, then you have cover to add to your insurance claim. To see if you have uninsured motorist cover, you should review your auto insurance conditions page.
Even if your automobile policy shows that you do not possess uninsured motorist coverage, you still may receive cover. These situations include:
1. Living in the same household as another person who had UM coverage at the time of the crash.
2. You were a permissive driver of a vehicle with UM coverage.
3. You were a passenger in a vehicle where the driver had UM coverage.
Generally, there are two types of uninsured motorist coverage:
• Add-on (or excess) without insurance motorist coverage. These policies allow you to stack coverage on top of the liability policy.
• Reduced by coverage. This policy equates to the amount of liability coverage less the amount of UM available.
Can my Lake City Car Crash Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
The value of car accidents always depends on multiple factors as no two cases are the same.
Common factors affecting the value of compensation include:
• Number of medical bills.
• Type of medical treatment needed.
• Duration of medical treatment.
• The extent of time missed from work.
• Whether irreversible bodily impairment exists.
• Whether a doctor performs or recommends surgery.
• The potential place of the lawsuit.
• Whether the opposition is a co-operative defendant.
Understand that there is no set procedure for determining the value of a car accident claim. Subjectivity applies when considering what a jury might do when identifying the extent of your pain and suffering. Compensation does not have a set dollar amount.
If I Hire an Lake City Car Accident Attorney, Do I Have to Visit Court?
No. An experienced Lake City car accident lawyer like Walter Gabriel knows it is not a stipulation. Most claims for car accidents settle without ever having to file a law suit. Also, the vast majority of cases conclude before a proceeding before a jury takes place. Claims for car collisions settle when the insurance company offers enough money to meet medical bills and pay for pain and suffering. Whether or not a case goes to trial, of course, often depends on you. Call Lake City car accident attorney Walter Gabriel to discuss your case today.
My Car Crash Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
We settle cases on behalf of those who were:
• Living outside of Georgia when their crash occurred.
• Located outside of Georgia when their accident took place.
We are Lake City car accident attorneys, but we commonly represent out-of-state clients in the location where the client experienced injuries.
Statute of Limitations for collisions in Georgia
Statutes of limitations are statutes that establish the deadline to sue. If you cannot sue in time, you forfeit the right to damages. Georgia drivers, in most cases, have two years from the accident to sue. Claimants making claims against cities in Georgia must properly deliver an ante litem notice within six months.
Courts impose strict guidelines for what constitutes adequate notice to cities in Georgia. If you wish to make your claim with the City of Lake City, for example, the Lake City City Council has a claim form on its website. Claimants must supply similar notice properly delivered to Georgia counties in just 12 months and Georgia state agencies within 12 months.
If a plaintiff is a minor, Georgia extends the statute of limitations until he or she turns 18 years old. Where the underlying tort is a crime, tolling provisions also apply. Tolling also happens when either the claimant or at-fault driver has passed away. If you are not able to file your claim before the deadline passes, you will lose your right to recover. Georgia imposes a two-year deadline for the majority injury claims, but shorter deadlines exist for claims against Georgia agencies.
Given the benefit of filing a timely claim, get in touch with the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel immediately. Walter Gabriel will evaluate your car accident injury claim and provide you with unbiased advice.
Why Should You Hire a Car Accident Law Professionals After a Car Accident?
A car accident attorney in Lake City:
• offers full legal representation if your case goes to court.
• Helps you settle a case outside of court.
• Helps you traverse the complicated legal system.
• Provides ongoing legal support.
• Fights for the compensation you are entitled to.
Contact an Experienced Lake City Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Confidential Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has significant experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car wreck disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique viewpoint comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his experience in litigation.
Close engagement with the client is the key to effective legal representation in a personal injury case. Walter Gabriel assesses critical information about the accident and answers all concerns. Contact Walter Gabriel to find out if you have a case. Request a free and confidential consultation with a skilled Lake City personal injury lawyer.