Car Accident Injury Lawyer Lilburn GA
Lilburn GA Car Accident Injury Law Firm
Walter Gabriel is a highly recommend Lilburn car crash attorney for people injured in automotive crashes in the Lilburn area and across Georgia. Each year, car accidents bring about thousands of deaths and irreversible changes to many lives. In 2020, 42,060 Americans lost their lives to car accidents — up 8 percent from 2019, and the first increase in four years. Accidents often cause serious and lasting consequences, even if the collision is mild.
Frequent injuries that car accident victims sustain include:
• Neck soreness/back pain
• Muscle strain
• Numbness/tingling in upper/lower extremity
• Sleeping trouble
• Shooting painful sensation in legs
• Disc bulging
• neck and back misalignment
• Joint Separation
• Lumbar bruise
• Dysfunction of the cervical region
Some of the most dangerous car accidents cause:
• Traumatic brain injury
• Burn injury
• Catastrophic injury
• Wrongful death
Those who are unfamiliar with the litigation process perceive car collisions as easy to handle. However, litigation complicates matters as the dispute evolves.
In this guide, learn more about vehicle accidents in Lilburn and why you want to hire an experienced attorney to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Table of Contents
• Common Scenarios for Car Accidents
• Common Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Accidents in Lilburn
• What Are Your Rights After a Car Accident in?
• What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Lilburn?
• Do I Need an Lilburn Car Accident Attorney if an Insurance Company Offers Me Money?
• When You Can Not Afford an Car Accident Attorney
• What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Driver?
• What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Company Calls Me?
• I Do Not Feel Hurt. Do I Still Need to See A Doctor?
• Do I Have A Case If I Was Partly At Fault?
• How Do I Get My Car Repaired?
• What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance?
• Can an Lilburn Car Accident Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
• If I Hire an Lilburn Car Accident Attorney, Do I Have to visit Court?
• My Car Accident Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Georgia
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Louisiana
• Why Should You Hire a Car Accident Lawyer After a Car Accident?
• Contact an Experienced Lilburn Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Confidential Consultation
Common Circumstances for Car Crashes
Suppose a driver was text messaging when they collided with another person. This situation might seem simple upon first impression. But there is more to litigation than showing the defendant is responsible. Walter Gabriel feels that, in cases like this, the total amount of compensation determines success. There is a discrepancy between receiving $100,000 and $250 in damages.
Perhaps, in your case, the defendant challenges the seriousness of your injuries. Or the defendant believes you contributed (partially) to the crash, which then reduces your compensation. As you can see, if the defendant is aggressive, they could complicate your dispute. You need to work with an experienced Lilburn car accident lawyer who advocates vigorously on your behalf. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel or book a complimentary consultation. You pay NOTHING unless you WIN.
Contact an Experienced Lilburn Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Confidential Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has extensive experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car crash disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique understanding comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his knowledge in litigation.
Prevalent Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Accidents
Several risk factors often contribute to car accidents. Examples include:
• Mechanical flaws.
• Road hazards.
• inebriated driving.
• preoccupied driving.
• Unlicensed drivers.
• Following too closely.
• Violation of the hands-free law.
Not all disputes advance in the same manner. Accident claims can give rise to arguments based on premises liability, product defect liability, and other theories. The damages available to an injured plaintiff may vary along a diverse spectrum depending on the conditions that caused the accident.
For instance, a Georgia court may award compensatory damages and also penalize the defendant with punitive damages. Georgia law allows for punitive damages under restricted circumstances. (For example, drunk driving accidents where the defendant acted with a dangerous disregard for safety.)
What Are Your Legal Rights After a Car Crash in Lilburn?
Before you consider damages, you must establish liability. (The other party must have caused your motor vehicle accident.)
The other motorist might dispute liability if your vehicle was side-swiped or when there is no police report. So reach out to a car accident attorney as soon as possible.
Once you establish liability, you may receive reimbursement for:
• Medical bills
• Future medical bills
• Physical pain/suffering
• Emotional trauma
• Lost wages
• Loss of consortium
• Permanent physical impairment
• Punitive damages
If wounded, you may receive repayment for medical bills that you incurred after your accident. If a doctor says you need extended medical treatment, you may receive an additional payment. Regardless, you are entitled to compensation for the physical serious pain you suffer. In our legal system, money is the only form of redress for your injury.
How much money you receive for your pain depends on several factors. If you endure emotional trauma (regardless of whether the trauma caused you to seek mental health counseling), you might collect compensation. Time missed out on from work is also a result for damages. If you can no longer undertake daily activities such as gardening or spending time with your children, you too might receive compensation. Juries and courts commonly award punitive damages to punish wrongful conduct.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Lilburn?
• Check for the state of other passengers in the car with you, and if safe, make sure the other driver is also in a stable condition.
• If vehicles are in a safe place, then call the police force.
• If things are polite between you and the other motorist, exchange insurance information with one another.
• DO NOT provide a recorded statement to the other driver’s insurance carrier.
• Immediately seek medical attention after the responding police officer ends their investigation of the accident scene and provides you with a police report number.
• Once you make it home, check the declarations page of your automobile insurance coverage to see if you have either Med-Pay or personal injury protection to pay medical bills for your crash.
• Be sure to schedule a session with your primary care physician or another doctor within your health insurance community who customarily treats people injured in car crashes.
Do I Need a Car crash Attorney if an Insurance Company Offers Me Money?
While it is always best to contact with an experienced car accident lawyer, you may want to settle your car collision case.
You know your injuries are minor after consulting with a doctor. The insurance provider payout is enough to cover your healthcare bills and compensate for your pain and suffering. It may make sense to settle your case without an attorney. However, we advise that you still consult with an attorney before a negotiation. The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel provides free advice about whether your offer is fair.
When You Can Not Afford To Pay For a Car Accident Attorney
Lilburn car accident lawyer Walter Gabriel can help. For car crash cases, we never charge a client out of pocket for any charges. So clients do not pay us any money before their case settles.
To put it another way, when you sign up as a client with our firm, you will not pay us a single dollar. Once your case settles or reaches a jury verdict, our fee comes from a part of your recovery. If your case does not end up in a settlement or jury verdict, you will still not owe any fee. (A contingency fee agreement)
What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Motorist?
As long as the other driver is at fault for your car accident, you should be able to establish your entitlement to money for medical bills and injuries. Sometimes, the responding policeman might believe the other driver to be at fault but decided not to issue a traffic ticket. While the officer provides a neutral explanation of the accident, they are not necessarily an eyewitness.
Speak with a knowledgeable Lilburn car accident lawyer to learn more. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel today.
What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Carrier Calls Me?
Regardless of whether you have an attorney, you are under no commitment to speak to the other driver’s insurance carrier. (You have nothing to benefit from speaking to the other driver’s insurance representative.)
If you don’t have an attorney when the other driver’s insurance provider calls, tell the insurance agent that you do not wish to reply to questions about your injuries or how the crash occurred. If you have a lawyer, inform the insurance company that you have legal representation. The insurance adjuster should stop questioning you about the car crash.
I Do Not Feel Injured. Do I Still Need to See A Medical Doctor?
Yes, you should without exception see a doctor after a car collision. Our No.1 goal is to help you return your bodily and emotional health to where it was before the wreck happened. You may not know that you have suffered an injury until days (or weeks) after the collision occurred. A late visit to a doctor may harm your medical recovery.
Do I Have A Case If I Was In Part At Fault?
When in doubt about whether you have a car collision case, you should always consult with a knowledgeable car accident law firm. Our attorney-client meetings are free, so there is no harm in communicating with an experienced Lilburn lawyer to determine whether you still have a case, despite what you may think about your role in contributing to the car accident.
Sometimes, even if you are to a certain extent at fault for your car accident, you may still be able to collect money from your car accident case. Call Lilburn car accident lawyer Walter Gabriel to find out more.
How Do I Get My Car Restored?
• Once the police officer finishes their report, which usually takes a few days, you will discover the other driver’s insurance company (and policy number).
• Use this important information to open a property damage insurance claim against the other driver’s insurance plan. Doing so helps you prevent paying a deductible for your vehicle repair.
• Select a reputable body shop to repair your car.
• Once you have selected a dealer, inform the other driver’s car insurance adjuster.
• The body shop should send you an estimate for your repairs. It should also notify you of the final cost once it has completed repairs.
• Often, the body shop will bill the insurance company directly. Here, you will not have to worry about payment for your car repairs.
What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance Coverage?
Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage (UM coverage) will apply when the vehicle operator who causes the wreck did not have insurance coverage. If you have an uninsured motorist policy, then you have cover to add to your claim. To see if you have uninsured motorist cover, you should review your auto insurance terms page.
Even if your automobile policy shows that you do not have uninsured motorist coverage, you still may obtain cover. These situations include:
1. Living in the same home as another person who had UM coverage at the time of the accident.
2. You were a permissive driver of a car or truck with UM coverage.
3. You were a passenger in a vehicle where the driver had UM coverage.
Generally, there are two types of uninsured motorist coverage:
• Add-on (or excess) without insurance motorist coverage. These policies allow you to stack coverage on top of the liability policy.
• Reduced by coverage. This policy equates to the amount of liability coverage less the amount of UM available.
Can my Lilburn Car Crash Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
The value of car accidents always depends on multiple factors as no two cases are the same.
Common factors impacting the value of compensation include:
• amount of medical bills.
• Type of medical treatment required.
• length of medical treatment.
• The extent of time missed from work.
• Whether long lasting bodily impairment exists.
• Whether a doctor performs or recommends surgery.
• The potential place of the lawsuit.
• Whether the opposition is a co-operative defendant.
Understand that there is no set method for determining the value of an accident claim. Subjectivity applies when considering what a jury might do when determining the extent of your pain and suffering. Compensation does not have a predetermined dollar amount.
If I Hire an Lilburn Car Crash Attorney, Do I Have to Visit Court?
No. An experienced Lilburn car accident lawyer like Walter Gabriel knows it is not a necessity. Most claims for car accidents settle without ever having to take legal action against. Also, the vast majority of cases conclude before a proceeding before a jury takes place. Claims for car collisions settle when the insurance company offers enough money to fulfill medical bills and compensate for pain and suffering. Whether or not a case goes to trial, of course, often depends on you. Call Lilburn car accident attorney Walter Gabriel to discuss your case today.
My Car Accident Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
We settle cases on behalf of those who were:
• Living outside of Georgia when their accident occurred.
• Located outside of Georgia when their accident took place.
We are Lilburn car accident attorneys, but we regularly represent out-of-state clients in the location where the client experienced injuries.
Statute of Limitations for Auto Accidents in Georgia
Statutes of limitations are statutes that stipulate the deadline to sue. If you cannot sue in time, you relinquish the right to damages. Georgia drivers, in most cases, have two years from the collision to sue. Claimants making claims against cities in Georgia must properly deliver an ante litem notice within just six months.
Courts impose stringent guidelines for what constitutes sufficient notice to cities in Georgia. If you wish to make your claim with the City of Lilburn, for instance, the Lilburn City Council has a claim form on its website. Claimants must offer similar notice properly delivered to Georgia counties in just 12 months and Georgia state agencies within 12 months.
If a claimant is a minor, Georgia extends the statute of limitations until he or she turns 18 years old. Where the underlying tort is a crime, tolling provisions also apply. Tolling also happens when either the claimant or at-fault driver has died. If you cannot file your claim before the deadline passes, you will lose your right to recover. Georgia imposes a two-year deadline for the majority injury claims, but shorter deadlines exist for claims against Georgia government offices.
Given the significance of filing a timely claim, get in touch with the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel immediately. Walter Gabriel will evaluate your car accident injury claim and provide you with unbiased advice.
Why Should You Hire a Car Collision Attorney After a Car Accident?
A car accident attorney in Lilburn:
• Provides full legal representation if your case goes to court.
• Helps you settle a case outside of court.
• Helps you understand the complicated legal system.
• Provides continuous legal support.
• Fights for the compensation you are entitled to.
Contact an Experienced Lilburn Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Confidential Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has significant experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car accident disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique viewpoint comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his experiences in litigation.
Close engagement with the client is the key to effective legal representation in a personal injury case. Walter Gabriel assesses critical information about the accident and answers all concerns. Contact Walter Gabriel to find out if you have a case. Request a free and confidential consultation with a skilled Lilburn personal injury lawyer.