Car Accident Injury Lawyer Newtown GA
Newtown GA Car Accident Injury Attorney
Walter Gabriel is a highly recommend Newtown car crash attorney for people injured in automobile crashes in the Newtown area and across Georgia. Each year, car accidents produce thousands of deaths and irreversible changes to many lives. In 2020, 42,060 Americans lost their lives to car collisions — up 8 percent from 2019, and the first increase in four years. Accidents often cause serious and lasting consequences, even if the collision is minor.
Typical injuries that car accident victims sustain include:
• Neck pain/back pain
• Muscle strain
• Numbness/tingling in upper/lower external body part
• Sleeping problems
• Shooting painful sensation in legs
• Disc bulging
• Spinal misalignment
• Joint Separation
• Lumbar contusion
• Dysfunction of the cervical region
Some of the most serious car accidents cause:
• Traumatic brain injury
• Burn injuries
• Catastrophic injury
• Wrongful death
Those who are unfamiliar with the litigation process view car crashes as easy to handle. However, litigation complicates matters as the dispute evolves.
In this guide, learn more about automobile accidents in Newtown and why you need to hire an experienced attorney to fight for the payment you deserve.
Table of Contents
• Common Scenarios for Car Accidents
• Common Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Accidents in Newtown
• What Are Your Rights After a Car Accident in?
• What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Newtown?
• Do I Need an Newtown Car Accident Attorney if an Insurance Company Offers Me Money?
• When You Can Not Afford an Car Accident Attorney
• What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Driver?
• What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Company Calls Me?
• I Do Not Feel Hurt. Do I Still Need to See A Doctor?
• Do I Have A Case If I Was Partly At Fault?
• How Do I Get My Car Repaired?
• What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance?
• Can an Newtown Car Accident Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
• If I Hire an Newtown Car Accident Attorney, Do I Have to visit Court?
• My Car Accident Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Georgia
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Louisiana
• Why Should You Hire a Car Accident Lawyer After a Car Accident?
• Contact an Experienced Newtown Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Confidential Consultation
Common Circumstances for Car Crashes
Suppose a driver was texting when they collided with another person. This case might seem simple upon first impression. But there is more to litigation than proving the defendant is responsible. Walter Gabriel feels that, in cases like this, the total amount of compensation determines success. There is a distinction between receiving $100,000 and $250 in damages.
Perhaps, in your case, the defendant challenges the seriousness of your injuries. Or the defendant believes you contributed (partially) to the accident, which then reduces your compensation. As you can see, if the defendant is aggressive, they could complicate your dispute. You must work with a seasoned Newtown car accident lawyer who advocates strongly on your behalf. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel or book a no-cost consultation. You pay NOTHING unless you WIN.
Contact an Experienced Newtown Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Discreet Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has substantial experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car crash disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique viewpoint comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his experience in litigation.
Common Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Accidents
Several risk factors often contribute to car accidents. Examples include:
• Mechanical flaws.
• Road hazards.
• drunk driving.
• sidetracked driving.
• Unlicensed drivers.
• Following too closely.
• Violation of the hands-free law.
Not all disputes progress in the same manner. Accident claims can give rise to arguments based on premises liability, product defect liability, and other theories. The damages obtainable to an injured plaintiff may vary along a wide spectrum depending on the situations that caused the accident.
For instance, a Georgia court may award compensatory damages and also discipline the offender with punitive damages. Georgia law allows for punitive damages under specific circumstances. (For example, inebriated driving accidents where the defendant acted with a careless disregard for safety.)
What Are Your Legal Rights After a Car Crash in Newtown?
Before you consider damages, you must establish accountability. (The other party must have brought about your motor vehicle collision.)
The other motorist might dispute liability if your car was side-swiped or when there is no police report. So reach out to a car accident attorney as soon as possible.
Once you establish liability, you may receive settlement for:
• Medical bills
• Future medical bills
• Physical pain/suffering
• Emotional trauma
• Lost wages
• Loss of consortium
• Permanent physical impairment
• Punitive damages
If seriously injured, you may receive compensation for medical bills that you incurred after your collision. If a doctor says you need extended medical treatment, you may receive a extra payment. Regardless, you deserve compensation for the physical serious pain you suffer. In our legal system, money is the only form of redress for your damage.
How much money you obtain for your pain depends on several factors. If you suffer emotional trauma (regardless of whether the shock caused you to seek mental health counseling), you might receive compensation. Time lost from work is also a cause for damages. If you can no longer execute daily activities such as gardening or spending time with your children, you too might receive compensation. Juries and courts commonly award punitive damages to punish wrongful conduct.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Newtown?
• Check for the status of other passengers in the car with you, and if secure, make sure the other driver is also in a stable condition.
• If vehicles are in a safe place, then call the police force.
• If things are friendly between you and the other motorist, exchange insurance information with one another.
• DO NOT provide a documented statement to the other driver’s insurance company.
• Immediately seek medical attention after the responding police officer wraps up their investigation of the crash scene and offers you with a police report number.
• Once you make it home, check the terms page of your automobile insurance policy to see if you have either Med-Pay or personal injury protection to pay medical bills for your collision.
• Be sure to schedule a session with your primary care physician or another doctor within your health insurance network who customarily treats people injured in car accidents.
Do I Need a Car crash Attorney if an insurance carrier Offers Me Money?
While it is always best to consult with an experienced car accident lawyer, you may want to settle your car crash case.
You recognize your injuries are minor after consulting with a medical practitioner. The insurance company payout is enough to cover your medical bills and compensate for your pain and suffering. It may make sense to settle your case without an attorney. However, we advise that you still consult with an attorney before a settlement. The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel provides free assistance about whether your offer is fair.
When You Can Not Afford To Pay For a Car Accident Attorney
Newtown car accident lawyer Walter Gabriel can help. For car collision cases, we never bill a client out of pocket for any fees. So clients do not pay us any money before their case settles.
To put it another way, when you sign up as a client with our law firm, you will not pay us a single dollar. Once your case settles or reaches a jury verdict, our fee comes from a chunk of your recovery. If your case does not end up in a settlement or jury verdict, you will still not owe any amount. (A contingency fee agreement)
What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Motorist?
As long as the other vehicle operator is at fault for your car accident, you should be able to establish your entitlement to money for medical bills and injuries. Sometimes, the responding policeman might believe the other driver to be to blame but decided not to issue a citation. While the officer provides a neutral account of the accident, they are not an eyewitness.
Speak with a knowledgeable Newtown car accident lawyer to learn more. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel today.
What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Carrier Calls Me?
Regardless of whether you have an attorney, you are under no commitment to speak to the other driver’s insurance carrier. (You have nothing to gain from speaking to the other driver’s insurance representative.)
If you don’t have legal counsel when the other driver’s insurance carrier calls, tell the insurance representative that you do not wish to answer questions about your injuries or how the accident occurred. If you have a lawyer, inform the insurance company that you have legal representation. The insurance adjuster should stop questioning you about the car wreck.
I Do Not Feel Harmed. Do I Still Need to See A Doctor?
Yes, you should always see a doctor after a car accident. Our No.1 goal is to help you return your bodily and mental health to where it was before the wreck took place. You may not know that you have experienced an injury until days (or weeks) after the collision occurred. A late visit to a physician may harm your medical recovery.
Do I Have A Case If I Was Partially At Fault?
When in doubt about whether you have a car accident case, you should always seek advice from with a seasoned car accident attorney. Our attorney-client meetings are free, so there is no harm in speaking with a knowledgeable Newtown lawyer to determine whether you still have a case, despite what you may think about your role in contributing to the car collision.
Sometimes, even if you are to a certain extent at fault for your car accident, you may still be able to recover money from your car accident case. Call Newtown car accident lawyer Walter Gabriel to find out more.
How Do I Get My Car Repaired?
• Once the officer finishes their report, which usually takes a few days, you will discover the other driver’s insurance company (and policy number).
• Use this important information to open a property damage insurance claim against the other driver’s insurance coverage. Doing so helps you prevent paying a deductible for your vehicle repair.
• Select a reputable body shop to fix your car.
• Once you have selected a dealer, inform the other driver’s car insurance adjuster.
• The body shop should send you an estimate for your repairs. It should also notify you of the final cost once it has completed repairs.
• Often, the body shop will bill the insurance company directly. Here, you will not have to worry about payment for your car repairs.
What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance?
Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage (UM coverage) will apply when the vehicle operator who causes the wreck did not have insurance. If you have an uninsured motorist policy, then you have cover to add to your insurance claim. To see if you have uninsured motorist cover, you should review your auto insurance declarations page.
Even if your automobile policy shows that you do not have uninsured motorist coverage, you still may obtain cover. These situations include:
1. Living in the same household as another person who had UM coverage at the time of the crash.
2. You were a permissive driver of a car or truck with UM coverage.
3. You were a passenger in a vehicle where the driver had UM coverage.
Generally, there are two types of uninsured motorist coverage:
• Add-on (or excess) uninsured motorist coverage. These policies allow you to stack coverage on top of the liability policy.
• Reduced by coverage. This policy equates to the amount of liability coverage less the amount of UM available.
Can my Newtown Car Crash Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
The value of car accidents always depends on several factors as no two cases are the same.
Common factors impacting the value of settlement include:
• Number of medical bills.
• Type of medical treatment recommended.
• length of medical treatment.
• The extent of time missed from work.
• Whether irreversible bodily impairment exists.
• Whether a doctor performs or suggests surgery.
• The potential place of the lawsuit.
• Whether the defendant is a co-operative defendant.
Understand that there is no set formula for determining the value of a crash claim. Subjectivity applies when considering what a jury might do when determining the extent of your pain and suffering. Compensation does not have a set dollar amount.
If I Hire an Newtown Car Accident Attorney, Do I Have to Visit Court?
No. An experienced Newtown car accident lawyer like Walter Gabriel knows it is not a requirement. Most claims for car accidents settle without ever having to file a law suit. Also, the vast majority of cases conclude before a trial before a jury takes place. Claims for car collisions settle when the insurance company offers enough money to fulfill medical bills and compensate for pain and suffering. Whether or not a case goes to trial, of course, often depends on you. Call Newtown car accident attorney Walter Gabriel to discuss your case today.
My Car Accident Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
We settle cases on behalf of those who were:
• Living outside of Georgia when their collision occurred.
• Located outside of Georgia when their accident took place.
We are Newtown car accident attorneys, but we frequently represent out-of-state clients in the location where the client experienced injuries.
Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Georgia
Statutes of limitations are statutes that identify the deadline to sue. If you cannot sue in time, you relinquish the right to damages. Georgia drivers, in most cases, have two years from the accident to sue. Claimants making claims against cities in Georgia must properly deliver an ante litem notice within just six months.
Courts impose stringent guidelines for what constitutes ample notice to cities in Georgia. If you wish to make your suit with the City of Newtown, for instance, the Newtown City Council has a claim form on its website. Claimants must supply similar notice properly delivered to Georgia counties in just 12 months and Georgia state agencies within 12 months.
If a plaintiff is a minor, Georgia extends the statute of limitations until he or she turns 18 years old. Where the underlying tort is a crime, tolling provisions also apply. Tolling also happens when either the claimant or at-fault driver has passed away. If you are unable to file your claim before the deadline passes, you will lose your right to collect. Georgia imposes a two-year deadline for most injury claims, but shorter deadlines exist for claims against Georgia agencies.
Given the importance of filing a timely claim, get in touch with the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel as soon as possible. Walter Gabriel will evaluate your car accident injury claim and provide you with unbiased advice.
Why Should You Hire a Car Collision Attorney After a Car Accident?
A car accident attorney in Newtown:
• Provides full legal representation if your case goes to court.
• Helps you settle a case outside of court.
• Helps you understand the complicated legal system.
• Provides ongoing legal support.
• Fights for the compensation you deserve.
Contact an Experienced Newtown Car Accident Attorney for a Free and private Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has extensive experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car crash disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique perspective comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his experiences in litigation.
Close engagement with the client is the key to effective legal representation in a personal injury case. Walter Gabriel analyzes critical information about the accident and answers all concerns. Contact Walter Gabriel to find out if you have a case. Request a free and confidential consultation with a skilled Newtown personal injury lawyer.