Car Accident Injury Lawyer North Atlanta GA
North Atlanta GA Car Accident Injury Lawyer
Walter Gabriel is a highly recommend North Atlanta car collision attorney for people injured in car crashes in the North Atlanta area and spanning Georgia. Each year, car accidents cause thousands of deaths and irreversible changes to many lives. In 2020, 42,060 Americans lost their lives to car accidents,up 8 percent from 2019, and the first increase in four years. Accidents often cause severe and lasting consequences, even if the collision is minor.
Frequent injuries that car accident sufferers sustain include:
• Neck soreness/back soreness
• Muscle strain
• Numbness/tingling in upper/lower extremity
• Sleeping problems
• Shooting painful sensation in legs
• Disc bulging
• neck and back misalignment
• Joint Separation
• Lumbar contusion
• Dysfunction of the cervical region
Some of the most severe car accidents cause:
• Traumatic brain injury
• Burn injuries
• Catastrophic injury
• Wrongful death
Those who are unfamiliar with the litigation process perceive car crashes as easy to handle. However, litigation complicates matters as the dispute develops.
In this guide, learn more about automobile accidents in North Atlanta and why you will need to hire an experienced attorney to fight for the payment you deserve.
Table of Contents
• Common Scenarios for Car Accidents
• Common Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Accidents in North Atlanta
• What Are Your Rights After a Car Accident in?
• What Should I Do After a Car Accident in North Atlanta?
• Do I Need an North Atlanta Car Accident Attorney if an Insurance Company Offers Me Money?
• When You Can Not Afford an Car Accident Attorney
• What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Driver?
• What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Company Calls Me?
• I Do Not Feel Hurt. Do I Still Need to See A Doctor?
• Do I Have A Case If I Was Partly At Fault?
• How Do I Get My Car Repaired?
• What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance?
• Can an North Atlanta Car Accident Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
• If I Hire an North Atlanta Car Accident Attorney, Do I Have to visit Court?
• My Car Accident Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Georgia
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Louisiana
• Why Should You Hire a Car Accident Lawyer After a Car Accident?
• Contact an Experienced North Atlanta Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Confidential Consultation
Common Circumstances for Car Collisions
Suppose a driver was messaging when they collided with another person. This instance might seem simple upon first impression. But there is more to litigation than demonstrating the defendant is liable. Walter Gabriel thinks that, in cases like this, the total amount of compensation determines success. There is a discrepancy between receiving $100,000 and $250 in damages.
Perhaps, in your case, the defendant challenges the extent of your injuries. Or the defendant believes you contributed (partially) to the collision, which then decreases your compensation. As you can see, if the defendant is hostile, they could complicate your dispute. You must work with a seasoned North Atlanta car accident lawyer who advocates vigorously on your behalf. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel or book a no-cost consultation. You pay NOTHING unless you WIN.
Contact an Experienced North Atlanta Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Private Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has extensive experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car accident disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique viewpoint comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his knowledge in litigation.
Typical Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Crashes
A variety of risk factors often lead to car accidents. Examples include:
• Mechanical defects.
• Road hazards.
• Intoxicated driving.
• sidetracked driving.
• Unlicensed drivers.
• Following too closely.
• Violation of the hands-free law.
Not all disputes advance in the same way. Accident claims can give rise to arguments based on premises liability, product defect liability, and other theories. The damages presented to an injured plaintiff may vary along a diverse spectrum depending on the situations that caused the accident.
For example, a Georgia court may award compensatory damages and also penalize the offender with punitive damages. Georgia law allows for punitive damages under restricted circumstances. (For example, drunk driving accidents where the defendant acted with a reckless disregard for safety.)
What Are Your Legal Rights After a Car Crash in North Atlanta?
Before you consider damages, you must establish liability. (The other party must have caused your motor vehicle crash.)
The other driver might dispute liability if your automotive was side-swiped or when there is no police record. So reach out to a car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Once you establish liability, you may receive compensation for:
• Medical bills
• Future medical bills
• Physical pain/suffering
• Emotional trauma
• Lost wages
• Loss of consortium
• Permanent physical impairment• Punitive damages
If wounded, you may receive repayment for medical bills that you incurred after your crash. If a doctor says you need long-term medical treatment, you may receive a extra payment. Regardless, you are worthy of compensation for the physical discomfort you suffer. In our legal system, money is the only form of redress for your injury.
How much money you obtain for your pain depends on many factors. If you bear emotional trauma (regardless of whether the stress caused you to seek mental health counseling), you might get compensation. Time lost from work is also a result for damages. If you can no longer execute daily activities such as gardening or spending time with your young ones, you too might receive compensation. Juries and courts commonly award punitive damages to punish wrongful conduct.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in North Atlanta?
• Check for the status of other passengers in the car with you, and if secure, make sure the other driver is also in a stable condition.
• If cars are in a safe place, then call the authorities.
• If things are cordial between you and the other vehicle driver, exchange insurance information with one another.
• DO NOT provide a taped statement to the other driver’s insurance carrier.
• Immediately seek medical attention after the responding police officer wraps up their investigation of the accident scene and offers you with a police report number.
• Once you make it home, check the declarations page of your automobile insurance policy to see if you have either Med-Pay or personal injury protection to pay medical bills for your crash.
• Be sure to schedule a visit with your primary care physician or another doctor within your health insurance network who customarily treats people injured in car collisions.
Do I Need a Car Accident Attorney if an Insurance Company Offers Me Money?
While it is always best to contact with an experienced car accident lawyer, you may want to settle your car crash case.
You recognize your injuries are minor after consulting with a doctor. The insurance carrier payout is enough to cover your medical bills and compensate for your pain and suffering. It may make sense to settle your case without an attorney. However, we advise that you still consult with an attorney before a negotiation. The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel provides free assistance about whether your offer is fair.
When You Can Not Afford To Pay For a Car Accident Attorney
North Atlanta car crash lawyer Walter Gabriel can help. For car collision cases, we never bill a client out of pocket for any fees. So clients do not pay us any money before their case settles.
To put it another way, when you sign up as a client with our firm, you will not pay us a single dollar. Once your case settles or reaches a jury verdict, our fee comes from a portion of your recovery. If your case does not end up in a settlement or jury verdict, you will still not owe any expense. (A contingency fee agreement)
What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Vehicle Driver?
As long as the other vehicle operator is at fault for your car accident, you should be able to establish your entitlement to money for medical bills and wounds. Sometimes, the responding policeman might believe the other driver to be culpable but decided not to issue a ticket. While the officer provides a neutral account of the accident, they are not necessarily an eyewitness.
Speak with an experienced North Atlanta car accident lawyer to learn more. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel today.
What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Company Calls Me?
Regardless of whether you have an attorney, you are under no requirement to speak to the other driver’s insurance company. (You have nothing to benefit from speaking to the other driver’s insurance consultant.)
If you don’t have a lawyer when the other driver’s insurance provider calls, tell the insurance agent that you do not wish to answer questions about your injuries or how the accident occurred. If you have a lawyer, inform the insurance company that you have legal representation. The insurance adjuster should stop questioning you about the car accident.
I Do Not Feel Hurt. Do I Still Need to See A Physician?
Yes, you should always see a doctor after a car collision. Our No.1 goal is to help you return your physiological and psychological health to where it was before the wreck took place. You may not know that you have suffered an injury until days (or weeks) after the accident occurred. A late visit to a doctor may harm your medical recovery.
Do I Have A Case If I Was Partially At Fault?
When in doubt about whether you have a car accident case, you should always seek advice from with a seasoned car accident attorney. Our attorney-client consultations are free, so there is no harm in communicating with an experienced North Atlanta lawyer to determine whether you still have a case, despite what you may think about your role in contributing to the car accident.
Sometimes, even if you are partly at fault for your car accident, you may still be able to recover money from your car accident case. Call North Atlanta car accident lawyer Walter Gabriel to find out more.
How Do I Get My Car Fixed?
• Once the police officer finishes their report, which usually takes a few days, you will discover the other driver’s insurance company (and policy number).
• Use this important information to open a property damage insurance claim against the other driver’s insurance policy. Doing so helps you evade paying a deductible for your car repair.
• Select a reputable body shop to service your car.• Once you have selected a dealer, inform the other driver’s car insurance adjuster.
• The body shop should send you an estimate for your repairs. It should also notify you of the final cost once it has completed repairs.
• Often, the body shop will bill the insurance company directly. Here, you will not have to worry about payment for your car repairs.
What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance?
Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage (UM coverage) will apply when the vehicle operator who causes the wreck did not have an insurance policy. If you have an uninsured motorist policy, then you have cover to add to your claim. To see if you have uninsured motorist cover, you should review your auto insurance terms page.
Even if your car policy shows that you do not hold uninsured motorist coverage, you still may get cover. These situations include:
1. Living in the same house-hold as another person who had UM coverage at the time of the accident.
2. You were a permissive driver of a car with UM coverage.
3. You were a passenger in a vehicle where the driver had UM coverage.
Generally, there are two types of uninsured motorist coverage:
• Add-on (or excess) uninsurable motorist coverage. These policies allow you to stack coverage on top of the liability policy.
• Reduced by coverage. This policy equates to the amount of liability coverage less the amount of UM available.
Can my North Atlanta Car Crash Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
The value of car accidents always depends on varied factors as no two cases are the same.
Common factors impacting the value of compensation include:
• amount of medical bills.
• Type of medical treatment needed.
• Duration of medical treatment.
• The extent of time missed from work.
• Whether irreversible bodily impairment exists.
• Whether a doctor performs or recommends surgery.
• The potential venue of the lawsuit.
• Whether the defendant is a co-operative defendant.
Understand that there is no set method for determining the value of an accident claim. Subjectivity applies when considering what a jury might do when deciding the extent of your pain and suffering. Compensation does not have a set dollar amount.
If I Hire an North Atlanta Car Crash Attorney, Do I Have to Visit Court?
No. An experienced North Atlanta car accident lawyer like Walter Gabriel knows it is not a necessity. Most claims for car accidents settle without ever having to file a law suit. Also, the vast majority of cases conclude before a proceeding before a jury takes place. Claims for car crashes settle when the insurance company offers enough money to meet medical bills and pay for pain and suffering. Whether or not a case goes to trial, of course, often depends on you. Call North Atlanta car accident attorney Walter Gabriel to discuss your case today.
My Car Accident Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
We settle cases on behalf of those who were:
• Living outside of Georgia when their accident occurred.
• Located outside of Georgia when their accident occurred.
We are North Atlanta car accident attorneys, but we frequently represent out-of-state clients in the location where the client sustained injuries.
Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Georgia
Statutes of limitations are statutes that identify the deadline to sue. If you cannot sue in time, you lose the right to damages. Georgia drivers, in most cases, have two years from the collision to sue. Claimants making claims against cities in Georgia must properly deliver an ante litem notice within six months.
Courts impose stringent guidelines for what constitutes ample notice to cities in Georgia. If you wish to make your legal claim with the City of North Atlanta, for instance, the North Atlanta City Council has a claim form on its web site. Claimants must supply similar notice properly delivered to Georgia counties in just 12 months and Georgia state agencies within 12 months.
If a claimant is a minor, Georgia lengthens the statute of limitations until he or she turns 18 years old. Where the underlying tort is a crime, tolling provisions also apply. Tolling also happens when either the claimant or at-fault driver has died. If you cannot file your claim before the deadline passes, you will lose your right to recoup. Georgia imposes a two-year deadline for the majority injury claims, but shorter deadlines exist for claims against Georgia agencies.
Given the significance of filing a timely claim, get in touch with the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel as soon as possible. Walter Gabriel will evaluate your car accident injury claim and provide you with unbiased advice.
Why Should You Hire a Car Collision Lawyer After a Car Accident?
A car accident attorney in North Atlanta:
• offers full legal representation if your case goes to court.
• Helps you settle a case outside of court.
• Helps you understand the complicated legal system.
• Provides ongoing legal support.
• Fights for the compensation you are entitled to.
Contact an Experienced North Atlanta Car Accident Attorney for a Free and discreet Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has extensive experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car crash disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique perspective comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his knowledge in litigation.
Close engagement with the client is the secret to effective legal representation in a personal injury case. Walter Gabriel assesses critical information about the accident and answers all concerns. Contact Walter Gabriel to find out if you have a case. Request a free and confidential consultation with a skilled North Atlanta personal injury lawyer.