Car Accident Injury Lawyer Palmetto GA
Palmetto GA Car Accident Injury Law Firm
Walter Gabriel is a highly recommend Palmetto car collision lawyer for people injured in automotive crashes in the Palmetto area and spanning Georgia. Each year, car accidents bring about thousands of deaths and irreversible changes to many lives. In 2020, 42,060 Americans lost their lives to car collisions — up 8 percent from 2019, and the first increase in four years. Accidents often cause major and lasting consequences, even if the collision is mild.
Typical injuries that car accident victims sustain include:
• Neck pain/back pain
• Muscle strain
• Numbness/tingling in upper/lower appendage
• Sleeping problems
• Shooting aches and pains in legs
• Disc bulging
• spine misalignment
• Joint Separation
• Lumbar bruise
• Dysfunction of the cervical region
Some of the most serious car accidents cause:
• Traumatic brain injury
• Burn damage
• Catastrophic injury
• Wrongful death
Those who are unfamiliar with the litigation process perceive car crashes as easy to handle. However, litigation complicates matters as the dispute grows.
In this guide, learn more about car accidents in Palmetto and why you will need to hire an experienced attorney to fight for the payment you deserve.
Table of Contents
• Common Scenarios for Car Accidents
• Common Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Accidents in Palmetto
• What Are Your Rights After a Car Accident in?
• What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Palmetto?
• Do I Need an Palmetto Car Accident Attorney if an Insurance Company Offers Me Money?
• When You Can Not Afford an Car Accident Attorney
• What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Driver?
• What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Company Calls Me?
• I Do Not Feel Hurt. Do I Still Need to See A Doctor?
• Do I Have A Case If I Was Partly At Fault?
• How Do I Get My Car Repaired?
• What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance?
• Can an Palmetto Car Accident Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
• If I Hire an Palmetto Car Accident Attorney, Do I Have to visit Court?
• My Car Accident Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Georgia
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Louisiana
• Why Should You Hire a Car Accident Lawyer After a Car Accident?
• Contact an Experienced Palmetto Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Confidential Consultation
Common Circumstances for Car Accidents
Suppose a driver was texting when they collided with another driver. This situation might seem simple upon first impression. But there is more to litigation than showing the defendant is accountable. Walter Gabriel thinks that, in cases like this, the total amount of compensation determines success. There is a distinction between receiving $100,000 and $250 in damages.
Perhaps, in your case, the defendant questions the seriousness of your injuries. Or the defendant believes you contributed (partially) to the crash, which then lowers your compensation. As you can see, if the defendant is hostile, they could complicate your dispute. You need to work with a knowledgeable Palmetto car accident lawyer who advocates aggressively on your behalf. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel or book a free consultation. You pay NOTHING unless you WIN.
Contact an Experienced Palmetto Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Discreet Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has substantial experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car wreck disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique perspective comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his experience in litigation.
Typical Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Accidents
A variety of risk factors often lead to car accidents. Examples include:
• Mechanical flaws.
• Road hazards.
• inebriated driving.
• Distracted driving.
• Unlicensed drivers.
• Following too closely.
• Violation of the hands-free law.
Not all disputes advance in the same way. Accident claims can give rise to arguments based on premises liability, product defect liability, and other theories. The damages obtainable to an injured plaintiff may vary along a broad spectrum depending on the circumstances that caused the accident.
For example, a Georgia court may award compensatory damages and also punish the accused with punitive damages. Georgia law allows for punitive damages under restricted circumstances. (For example, inebriated driving accidents where the defendant acted with a careless disregard for safety.)
What Are Your Legal Rights After a Car Collision in Palmetto?
Before you consider damages, you must establish liability. (The other party must have triggered your motor vehicle accident.)
The other driver might dispute liability if your automotive was side-swiped or when there is no police report. So reach out to a car accident attorney as soon as possible.
Once you establish liability, you may receive compensation for:
• Medical bills
• Future medical bills
• Physical pain/suffering
• Emotional trauma
• Lost wages
• Loss of consortium
• Permanent physical impairment
• Punitive damages
If seriously injured, you may receive repayment for medical bills that you incurred after your accident. If a doctor says you need long-term medical treatment, you may receive an additional payment. Regardless, you deserve compensation for the physical discomfort you suffer. In our legal system, money is the only form of redress for your injuries.
How much money you obtain for your pain depends on many factors. If you sustain emotional trauma (regardless of whether the trauma caused you to seek mental health counseling), you might collect compensation. Time missed from work is also a result for damages. If you can no longer undertake daily activities such as gardening or spending time with your young ones, you too might receive damages. Juries and courts usually award punitive damages to punish wrongful conduct.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Palmetto?
• Check for the status of other passengers in the car with you, and if safe, make sure the other driver is also in a good condition.
• If automobiles are in a safe place, then call the authorities.
• If things are friendly between you and the other motorist, exchange insurance information with one another.
• DO NOT provide a recorded statement to the other driver’s insurance company.
• Immediately seek medical attention after the responding police officer concludes their investigation of the crash scene and provides you with a police report number.
• Once you make it home, check the declarations page of your automobile insurance coverage to see if you have either Med-Pay or personal injury protection to pay medical bills for your crash.
• Be sure to schedule an appointment with your primary care physician or another doctor within your health insurance community who customarily treats people injured in car accidents.
Do I Need a Car collision Attorney if an Insurance Company Offers Me Money?
While it is always best to consult with an experienced car accident lawyer, you may want to settle your car crash case.
You find out your injuries are minor after consulting with a physician. The insurance provider payout is enough to cover your medical-related bills and compensate for your pain and suffering. It may make sense to settle your legal matter without an attorney. However, we advise that you still consult with an attorney before a settlement. The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel provides free assistance about whether your offer is fair.
When You Can Not Easily Afford a Car Accident Attorney
Palmetto car accident lawyer Walter Gabriel can help. For car accident cases, we never charge a client out of pocket for any fees. So clients do not pay us any money before their case settles.
To put it another way, when you sign up as a client with our legal firm, you will not pay us a single dollar. Once your case settles or reaches a jury decision, our fee comes from a part of your recovery. If your case does not result in a settlement or jury verdict, you will still not owe any fee. (A contingency fee agreement)
What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Vehicle Driver?
As long as the other vehicle operator is at fault for your car accident, you should be able to establish your entitlement to money for medical bills and traumas. Sometimes, the responding policeman might believe the other driver to be to blame but decided not to issue a citation. While the officer provides a neutral account of the accident, they are not necessarily an eyewitness.
Speak with a knowledgeable Palmetto car accident lawyer to learn more. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel today.
What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Carrier Calls Me?
Regardless of whether you have an attorney, you are under no obligation to speak to the other driver’s insurance carrier. (You have nothing to gain from speaking to the other driver’s insurance representative.)
If you don’t have legal counsel when the other driver’s insurance carrier calls, tell the insurance representative that you do not wish to answer questions about your injuries or how the collision occurred. If you have an attorney, inform the insurance company that you have legal representation. The insurance adjuster should stop questioning you about the car crash.
I Do Not Feel Harmed. Do I Still Need to See A Doctor?
Yes, you should without exception see a doctor after a car crash. Our No.1 goal is to help you return your bodily and mental health to where it was before the wreck happened. You may not know that you have sustained an injury until days (or weeks) after the accident occurred. A late visit to a physician may harm your medical recovery.
Do I Have A Case If I Was Partially At Fault?
When in doubt about whether you have a car accident case, you should always contact with an experienced car accident lawyer. Our attorney-client meetings are free, so there is no harm in speaking with an experienced Palmetto lawyer to determine whether you still have a case, despite what you may think about your role in contributing to the car accident.
Sometimes, even if you are partly at fault for your car accident, you may still be able to collect money from your car accident case. Call Palmetto car accident lawyer Walter Gabriel to find out more.
How Do I Get My Car Restored?
• Once the policeman finishes their report, which usually takes a few days, you will discover the other driver’s insurance carrier (and policy number).
• Use this critical information to open a property damage claim against the other driver’s insurance plan. Doing so helps you evade paying a deductible for your car repair.
• Select a reputable body shop to service your car.
• Once you have selected a dealer, inform the other driver’s car insurance adjuster.
• The body shop should send you an estimate for your repairs. It should also notify you of the final cost once it has completed repairs.
• Often, the body shop will bill the insurance company directly. Here, you will not have to worry about payment for your car repairs.
What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance Coverage?
Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage (UM coverage) will apply when the driver who causes the wreck did not have an insurance policy. If you have an uninsured motorist policy, then you have cover to add to your claim. To see if you have uninsured motorist cover, you should review your auto insurance declarations page.
Even if your car policy shows that you do not hold uninsured motorist coverage, you still may receive cover. These situations include:
1. Living in the same household as another person who had UM coverage at the time of the accident.
2. You were a permissive driver of a car with UM coverage.
3. You were a passenger in a vehicle where the driver had UM coverage.
Generally, there are two types of uninsured motorist coverage:
• Add-on (or excess) uninsured motorist coverage. These policies allow you to stack coverage on top of the liability policy.
• Reduced by coverage. This policy equates to the amount of liability coverage less the amount of UM available.
Can my Palmetto Car Crash Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
The worth of car accidents always depends on multiple factors as no two cases are the same.
Common factors influencing the value of payment include:
• Number of medical bills.
• Type of medical treatment required.
• extent of medical treatment.
• The extent of time missed from work.
• Whether long lasting bodily impairment exists.
• Whether a doctor performs or suggests surgery.
• The potential venue of the lawsuit.
• Whether the accused is a co-operative defendant.
Understand that there is no set procedure for determining the value of a crash claim. Subjectivity applies when considering what a jury might do when deciding the extent of your pain and suffering. Compensation does not have a set dollar amount.
If I Hire an Palmetto Car Accident Attorney, Do I Have to Visit Court?
No. An experienced Palmetto car accident lawyer like Walter Gabriel knows it is not a stipulation. Most claims for car accidents settle without ever having to take legal action against. Also, the vast majority of cases conclude before a legal proceeding before a jury takes place. Claims for car crashes settle when the insurance company offers enough money to satisfy medical bills and make up for pain and suffering. Whether or not a case goes to trial, of course, often depends on you. Call Palmetto car accident attorney Walter Gabriel to discuss your case today.
My Car Accident Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
We settle cases on behalf of those who were:
• Living outside of Georgia when their collision occurred.
• Located outside of Georgia when their accident happened.
We are Palmetto car accident attorneys, but we frequently represent out-of-state clients in the location where the client experienced injuries.
Statute of Limitations for Auto Accidents in Georgia
Statutes of limitations are statutes that stipulate the deadline to sue. If you cannot sue in time, you relinquish the right to damages. Georgia drivers, in most cases, have two years from the impact to sue. Claimants making claims against cities in Georgia must properly deliver an ante litem notice inside of six months.
Courts impose rigid guidelines for what constitutes ample notice to cities in Georgia. If you wish to make your claim with the City of Palmetto, for example, the Palmetto City Council has a claim form on its web page. Claimants must provide similar notice properly delivered to Georgia counties within 12 months and Georgia state agencies within 12 months.
If a complaintant is a minor, Georgia lengthens the statute of limitations until he or she turns 18 years old. Where the underlying tort is a crime, tolling provisions also apply. Tolling also happens when either the claimant or at-fault driver has perished. If you are not able to file your claim before the deadline passes, you will lose your right to collect. Georgia imposes a two-year deadline for most injury claims, but shorter deadlines exist for claims against Georgia government offices.
Given the significance of filing a timely claim, get in touch with the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel as soon as possible. Walter Gabriel will evaluate your car accident injury claim and provide you with unbiased advice.
Why Should You Hire a Car Accident Lawyer After a Car Accident?
A car accident attorney in Palmetto:
• supplies full legal representation if your case goes to court.
• Helps you settle a case outside of court.
• Helps you traverse the complicated legal system.
• Provides continual legal support.
• Fights for the compensation you deserve.
Contact an Experienced Palmetto Car Accident Attorney for a Free and private Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has substantial experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car accident disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique viewpoint comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his knowledge in litigation.
Close engagement with the client is the key to effective legal representation in a personal injury case. Walter Gabriel evaluates critical information about the accident and addresses all concerns. Contact Walter Gabriel to find out if you have a case. Request a free and confidential consultation with a skilled Palmetto personal injury lawyer.