Car Accident Injury Lawyer Redan GA
Redan GA Car Accident Injury Law Firm
Walter Gabriel is a highly recommend Redan car accident lawyer for people injured in car crashes in the Redan area and across Georgia. Each year, car accidents bring about thousands of deaths and permanent changes to many lives. In 2020, 42,060 Americans lost their lives to car accidents — up 8 percent from 2019, and the first increase in four years. Accidents often cause major and lasting consequences, even if the collision is minor.
Frequent injuries that car accident sufferers sustain include:
• Neck soreness/back pain
• Muscle strain
• Numbness/tingling in upper/lower external body part
• Sleeping issues
• Shooting pain in legs
• Disc bulging
• neck and back misalignment
• Joint Separation
• Lumbar contusion
• Dysfunction of the cervical region
Some of the most serious car accidents cause:
• Traumatic brain injury
• Burn injury
• Catastrophic injury
• Wrongful death
Those who are unfamiliar with the litigation process see car collisions as easy to handle. However, litigation complicates matters as the dispute evolves.
In this guide, learn more about automobile accidents in Redan and why you will need to hire an experienced attorney to fight for the settlement you deserve.
Table of Contents
• Common Scenarios for Car Accidents
• Common Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Accidents in Redan
• What Are Your Rights After a Car Accident in?
• What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Redan?
• Do I Need an Redan Car Accident Attorney if an Insurance Company Offers Me Money?
• When You Can Not Afford an Car Accident Attorney
• What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Driver?
• What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Company Calls Me?
• I Do Not Feel Hurt. Do I Still Need to See A Doctor?
• Do I Have A Case If I Was Partly At Fault?
• How Do I Get My Car Repaired?
• What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance?
• Can an Redan Car Accident Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
• If I Hire an Redan Car Accident Attorney, Do I Have to visit Court?
• My Car Accident Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Georgia
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Louisiana
• Why Should You Hire a Car Accident Lawyer After a Car Accident?
• Contact an Experienced Redan Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Confidential Consultation
Common Scenarios for Car Accidents
Suppose a driver was messaging when they collided with another driver. This case might seem simple upon first impression. But there is more to litigation than showing the defendant is liable. Walter Gabriel believes that, in cases like this, the total amount of compensation determines success. There is a distinction between receiving $100,000 and $250 in damages.
Perhaps, in your case, the defendant questions the seriousness of your injuries. Or the defendant believes you contributed (partially) to the collision, which then reduces your compensation. As you can see, if the defendant is aggressive, they could complicate your dispute. You must work with a seasoned Redan car accident lawyer who advocates vigorously on your behalf. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel or book a complimentary consultation. You pay NOTHING unless you WIN.
Contact an Experienced Redan Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Private Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has substantial experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car accident disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique viewpoint comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his experience in litigation.
Typical Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Accidents
Quite a few risk factors often lead to car accidents. Examples include:
• Mechanical defects.
• Road hazards.
• inebriated driving.
• Distracted driving.
• Unlicensed drivers.
• Following too closely.
• Violation of the hands-free law.
Not all disputes progress in the same way. Accident claims can give rise to arguments based on premises liability, product defect liability, and other theories. The damages obtainable to an injured plaintiff may vary along a diverse spectrum depending on the conditions that caused the accident.
For instance, a Georgia court may award compensatory damages and also penalize the accused with punitive damages. Georgia law allows for punitive damages under specific circumstances. (For example, intoxicated driving accidents where the defendant acted with a reckless disregard for safety.)
What Are Your Rights After a Car Crash in Redan?
Before you consider damages, you must establish accountability. (The other party must have brought about your motor vehicle accident.)
The other vehicle driver might dispute liability if your vehicle was side-swiped or when there is no police report. So reach out to a car accident attorney as soon as possible.
Once you establish liability, you may receive settlement for:
• Medical bills
• Future medical bills
• Physical pain/suffering
• Emotional trauma
• Lost wages
• Loss of consortium
• Permanent physical impairment
• Punitive damages
If seriously injured, you may receive repayment for medical bills that you incurred after your crash. If a doctor says you need future medical treatment, you may receive a extra payment. Regardless, you are worthy of compensation for the physical discomfort you suffer. In our legal system, money is the only form of redress for your injury.
How much money you obtain for your pain depends on multiple factors. If you bear emotional trauma (regardless of whether the shock caused you to seek mental health counseling), you might collect compensation. Time missed out on from work is also a reason for damages. If you can no longer perform daily activities such as gardening or spending time with your young ones, you too might receive compensation. Juries and courts commonly award punitive damages to punish wrongful conduct.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Redan?
• Check for the condition of other passengers in the car with you, and if secure, make sure the other driver is also in a good condition.
• If cars are in a safe place, then call the authorities.
• If things are polite between you and the other motorist, exchange insurance information with one another.
• DO NOT provide a documented statement to the other driver’s insurance company.
• Immediately seek medical attention after the responding police officer wraps up their investigation of the accident scene and provides you with a police report number.
• Once you make it home, check the declarations page of your automobile insurance policy to see if you have either Med-Pay or personal injury protection to pay medical bills for your collision.
• Be sure to schedule a visit with your primary care physician or another doctor within your health insurance network who customarily treats people injured in car crashes.
Do I Need a Car crash Attorney if an Insurance Company Offers Me Money?
While it is always best to seek advice from with an experienced car accident lawyer, you may want to settle your car crash case.
You recognize your injuries are minor after consulting with a medical practitioner. The insurance provider payout is enough to cover your healthcare bills and compensate for your pain and suffering. It may make sense to settle your law suit without an attorney. However, we advise that you still consult with an attorney before a agreement. The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel provides free assistance about whether your offer is fair.
When You Can Not Afford a Car Accident Attorney
Redan car collision lawyer Walter Gabriel can help. For car crash cases, we never charge a client out of pocket for any charges. So clients do not pay us any money before their case settles.
To put it another way, when you sign up as a client with our legal firm, you will not pay us a single dollar. Once your case settles or reaches a jury verdict, our fee comes from a chunk of your recovery. If your case does not end up in a settlement or jury verdict, you will still not owe any fee. (A contingency fee agreement)
What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Vehicle Driver?
As long as the other motorist is at fault for your car accident, you should be able to establish your entitlement to money for medical bills and injuries. Sometimes, the responding officer might believe the other driver to be to blame but decided not to issue a traffic ticket. While the officer provides a neutral account of the accident, they are not an eyewitness.
Speak with a practiced Redan car accident lawyer to learn more. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel today.
What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Provider Calls Me?
Regardless of whether you have an attorney, you are under no requirement to speak to the other driver’s insurance company. (You have nothing to gain from speaking to the other driver’s insurance representative.)
If you don’t have legal counsel when the other driver’s insurance provider calls, tell the insurance agent that you do not wish to reply to questions about your injuries or how the crash occurred. If you have a lawyer, inform the insurance company that you have legal representation. The insurance adjuster should stop questioning you about the car accident.
I Do Not Feel Harmed. Do I Still Need to See A Physician?
Yes, you should be sure to see a doctor after a car crash. Our No.1 goal is to help you return your physical and emotional health to where it was before the wreck occurred. You may not know that you have suffered an injury until days (or weeks) after the crash occurred. A late visit to a medical practitioner may harm your medical recovery.
Do I Have A Case If I Was In Part At Fault?
When in doubt about whether you have a car crash case, you should always contact with a practiced car accident law firm. Our attorney-client appointments are free, so there is no harm in talking with an experienced Redan lawyer to determine whether you still have a case, despite what you may think about your role in contributing to the car crash.
Sometimes, even if you are partly at fault for your car accident, you may still be able to collect money from your car accident case. Call Redan car accident lawyer Walter Gabriel to find out more.
How Do I Get My Car Fixed?
• Once the police officer finishes their report, which usually takes a few days, you will discover the other driver’s insurance company (and policy number).
• Use this critical information to open a property damage claim against the other driver’s insurance coverage. Doing so helps you prevent paying a deductible for your car repair.
• Select a reputable body shop to service your car.
• Once you have selected a dealer, inform the other driver’s car insurance adjuster.
• The body shop should send you an estimate for your repairs. It should also notify you of the final cost once it has completed repairs.
• Often, the body shop will bill the insurance company directly. Here, you will not have to worry about payment for your car repairs.
What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance?
Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage (UM coverage) will apply when the vehicle operator who causes the wreck did not have insurance coverage. If you have an uninsured motorist policy, then you have cover to add to your claim. To see if you have uninsured motorist cover, you should review your auto insurance conditions page.
Even if your vehicle policy shows that you do not have uninsured motorist coverage, you still may receive cover. These situations include:
1. Living in the same home as another person who had UM coverage at the time of the collision.
2. You were a permissive driver of a car with UM coverage.
3. You were a passenger in a vehicle where the driver had UM coverage.
Generally, there are two types of uninsured motorist coverage:
• Add-on (or excess) uninsurable motorist coverage. These policies allow you to stack coverage on top of the liability policy.
• Reduced by coverage. This policy equates to the amount of liability coverage less the amount of UM available.
Can my Redan Car Crash Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
The worth of car accidents always depends on varied factors as no two cases are the same.
Common factors influencing the value of payment include:
• quantity of medical bills.
• Type of medical treatment needed.
• extent of medical treatment.
• The extent of time missed from work.
• Whether irreversible bodily impairment exists.
• Whether a doctor performs or suggests surgery.
• The potential place of the lawsuit.
• Whether the accused is a co-operative defendant.
Understand that there is no set procedure for determining the value of a car accident claim. Subjectivity applies when considering what a jury might do when identifying the extent of your pain and suffering. Compensation does not have a fixed dollar amount.
If I Hire an Redan Car Crash Attorney, Do I Have to Visit Court?
No. An experienced Redan car accident lawyer like Walter Gabriel knows it is not a necessity. Most claims for car accidents settle without ever having to file a law suit. Also, the vast majority of cases conclude before a proceeding before a jury takes place. Claims for car accidents settle when the insurance company offers enough money to match medical bills and make up for pain and suffering. Whether or not a case goes to trial, of course, often depends on you. Call Redan car accident attorney Walter Gabriel to discuss your case today.
My Car Wreck Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
We settle cases on behalf of those who were:
• Living outside of Georgia when their collision occurred.
• Located outside of Georgia when their accident happened.
We are Redan car accident attorneys, but we regularly represent out-of-state clients in the location where the client experienced injuries.
Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Georgia
Statutes of limitations are statutes that identify the deadline to sue. If you cannot sue in time, you lose the right to damages. Georgia drivers, in most cases, have two years from the accident to sue. Claimants making claims against cities in Georgia must properly deliver an ante litem notice inside of six months.
Courts impose rigid guidelines for what constitutes sufficient notice to cities in Georgia. If you wish to make your suit with the City of Redan, for instance, the Redan City Council has a claim form on its web site. Claimants must provide similar notice properly delivered to Georgia counties within 12 months and Georgia state agencies within 12 months.
If a complaintant is a minor, Georgia expands the statute of limitations until he or she turns 18 years old. Where the underlying tort is a crime, tolling provisions also apply. Tolling also happens when either the claimant or at-fault driver has perished. If you are not able to file your claim before the deadline passes, you will lose your right to recover. Georgia imposes a two-year deadline for the majority injury claims, but shorter deadlines exist for claims against Georgia government agencies.
Given the benefit of filing a timely claim, get in touch with the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel immediately. Walter Gabriel will evaluate your car accident injury claim and provide you with fair advice.
Why Should You Hire a Car Accident Lawyer After a Car Accident?
A car accident attorney in Redan:
• supplies full legal representation if your case goes to court.
• Helps you settle a case outside of court.
• Helps you navigate the complicated legal system.
• Provides continuous legal support.
• Fights for the compensation you deserve.
Contact an Experienced Redan Car Accident Attorney for a Free and private Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has substantial experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car wreck disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique viewpoint comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his experience in litigation.
Close engagement with the client is the trick to effective legal representation in a personal injury case. Walter Gabriel analyzes critical information about the accident and answers all concerns. Contact Walter Gabriel to find out if you have a case. Request a free and confidential consultation with a skilled Redan personal injury lawyer.