Car Accident Injury Lawyer Rest Haven GA
Rest Haven GA Car Accident Injury Law Firm
Walter Gabriel is a highly recommend Rest Haven car accident lawyer for people injured in automotive crashes in the Rest Haven area and across Georgia. Each year, car accidents produce thousands of deaths and permanent changes to many lives. In 2020, 42,060 Americans lost their lives to car collisions — up 8 percent from 2019, and the first increase in four years. Accidents often cause major and lasting consequences, even if the collision is minimal.
Frequent injuries that car accident sufferers sustain include:
• Neck soreness/back soreness
• Muscle strain
• Numbness/tingling in upper/lower extremity
• Sleeping issues
• Shooting aches and pains in legs
• Disc bulging
• spine misalignment
• Joint Separation
• Lumbar contusion
• Dysfunction of the cervical region
Some of the most dangerous car accidents cause:
• Traumatic brain injury
• Burn injury
• Catastrophic injury
• Wrongful death
Those who are unfamiliar with the litigation process see car accidents as easy to handle. However, litigation complicates matters as the dispute develops.
In this guide, learn more about vehicle accidents in Rest Haven and why you need to hire an experienced attorney to fight for the payment you deserve.
Table of Contents
• Common Scenarios for Car Accidents
• Common Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Accidents in Rest Haven
• What Are Your Rights After a Car Accident in?
• What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Rest Haven?
• Do I Need an Rest Haven Car Accident Attorney if an Insurance Company Offers Me Money?
• When You Can Not Afford an Car Accident Attorney
• What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Driver?
• What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Company Calls Me?
• I Do Not Feel Hurt. Do I Still Need to See A Doctor?
• Do I Have A Case If I Was Partly At Fault?
• How Do I Get My Car Repaired?
• What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance?
• Can an Rest Haven Car Accident Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
• If I Hire an Rest Haven Car Accident Attorney, Do I Have to visit Court?
• My Car Accident Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Georgia
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Louisiana
• Why Should You Hire a Car Accident Lawyer After a Car Accident?
• Contact an Experienced Rest Haven Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Confidential Consultation
Common Situations for Car Crashes
Imagine a driver was texting when they collided with another person. This instance might seem simple upon first impression. But there is more to litigation than demonstrating the defendant is liable. Walter Gabriel believes that, in cases like this, the total amount of compensation determines success. There is a difference between receiving $100,000 and $250 in damages.
Perhaps, in your case, the defendant questions the severity of your injuries. Or the defendant believes you contributed (partially) to the collision, which then decreases your compensation. As you can see, if the defendant is aggressive, they could complicate your dispute. You must work with a knowledgeable Rest Haven car accident lawyer who advocates vigorously on your behalf. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel or book a no-cost consultation. You pay NOTHING unless you WIN.
Contact an Experienced Rest Haven Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Confidential Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has significant experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car crash disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique perspective comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his experience in litigation.
Typical Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Accidents
A variety of risk factors often lead to car accidents. Examples include:
• Mechanical flaws.
• Road hazards.
• drunk driving.
• Distracted driving.
• Unlicensed drivers.
• Following too closely.
• Violation of the hands-free law.
Not all disputes progress in the same manner. Accident claims can give rise to arguments based on premises liability, product defect liability, and other theories. The damages presented to an injured plaintiff may vary along a diverse spectrum depending on the circumstances that caused the accident.
For example, a Georgia court may award compensatory damages and also penalize the defendant with punitive damages. Georgia law allows for punitive damages under specific circumstances. (For example, drunk driving accidents where the defendant acted with a dangerous disregard for safety.)
What Are Your Rights After a Car Crash in Rest Haven?
Before you consider damages, you must establish accountability. (The other party must have caused your motor vehicle collision.)
The other motorist might dispute liability if your automotive was side-swiped or when there is no police record. So reach out to a car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Once you establish liability, you may receive settlement for:
• Medical bills
• Future medical bills
• Physical pain/suffering
• Emotional trauma
• Lost wages
• Loss of consortium
• Permanent physical impairment
• Punitive damages
If injured, you may receive repayment for medical bills that you incurred after your accident. If a doctor says you need extended medical treatment, you may receive an additional payment. Regardless, you are entitled to compensation for the physical pain you suffer. In our legal system, money is the only form of redress for your traumas.
How much money you get for your pain depends on many factors. If you sustain emotional trauma (regardless of whether the trauma caused you to seek mental health counseling), you might receive compensation. Time missed out on from work is also a reason for damages. If you can no longer conduct daily activities such as gardening or spending time with your children, you too might receive damages. Juries and courts commonly award punitive damages to punish wrongful conduct.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Rest Haven?
• Check for the condition of other passengers in the car with you, and if safe, make sure the other driver is also in a good condition.
• If vehicles are in a safe place, then call the police force.
• If things are polite between you and the other motorist, exchange insurance information with one another.
• DO NOT provide a taped statement to the other driver’s insurance carrier.
• Immediately seek medical attention after the responding police officer ends their investigation of the accident scene and provides you with a police report number.
• Once you make it home, check the terms page of your automobile insurance policy to see if you have either Med-Pay or personal injury protection to pay medical bills for your crash.
• Be sure to schedule an appointment with your primary care physician or another doctor within your health insurance system who customarily treats people injured in car crashes.
Do I Need a Car Accident Attorney if an Insurance Company Offers Me Money?
While it is always best to consult with an experienced car accident lawyer, you may want to settle your car collision case.
You find out your injuries are minor after consulting with a medical practitioner. The insurance company payout is enough to cover your medical bills and compensate for your pain and suffering. It may make sense to settle your case without an attorney. However, we advise that you still consult with an attorney before a agreement. The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel provides free assistance about whether your offer is fair.
When You Can Not Easily Afford a Car Accident Attorney
Rest Haven car accident lawyer Walter Gabriel can help. For car collision cases, we never bill a client out of pocket for any charges. So clients do not pay us any money before their claim settles.
To put it another way, when you join as a client with our law firm, you will not pay us a single dollar. Once your case settles or reaches a jury verdict, our fee comes from a part of your recovery. If your case does not end up in a settlement or jury verdict, you will still not owe any fee. (A contingency fee agreement)
What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Vehicle Driver?
As long as the other motorist is at fault for your car accident, you should be able to establish your entitlement to money for medical bills and traumas. Sometimes, the responding officer might believe the other driver to be to blame but decided not to issue a traffic ticket. While the officer provides a neutral explanation of the accident, they are not really an eyewitness.
Speak with a practiced Rest Haven car accident lawyer to learn more. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel today.
What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Provider Calls Me?
Regardless of whether you have an attorney, you are under no obligation to speak to the other driver’s insurance carrier. (You have nothing to benefit from speaking to the other driver’s insurance representative.)
If you don’t have a lawyer when the other driver’s insurance carrier calls, tell the insurance agent that you do not wish to reply to questions about your injuries or how the crash occurred. If you have a lawyer, inform the insurance company that you have legal representation. The insurance adjuster should stop questioning you about the car accident.
I Do Not Feel Harmed. Do I Still Need to See A Doctor?
Yes, you should always see a doctor after a car crash. Our No.1 goal is to help you return your physical and psychological health to where it was before the wreck happened. You may not know that you have experienced an injury until days (or weeks) after the collision occurred. A late visit to a doctor may harm your medical recovery.
Do I Have A Case If I Was Partly At Fault?
When in doubt about whether you have a car accident case, you should always consult with a practiced car accident lawyer. Our attorney-client meetings are free, so there is no harm in communicating with a knowledgeable Rest Haven lawyer to determine whether you still have a case, despite what you may think about your role in contributing to the car collision.
Sometimes, even if you are partially at fault for your car accident, you may still be able to recover money from your car accident case. Call Rest Haven car accident lawyer Walter Gabriel to find out more.
How Do I Get My Car Fixed?
• Once the police officer finishes their report, which usually takes a few days, you will discover the other driver’s insurance company (and policy number).
• Use this important information to open a property damage claim against the other driver’s insurance plan. Doing so helps you avoid paying a deductible for your automobile repair.
• Select a reputable body shop to service your car.
• Once you have selected a dealer, inform the other driver’s car insurance adjuster.
• The body shop should send you an estimate for your repairs. It should also notify you of the final cost once it has completed repairs.
• Often, the body shop will bill the insurance company directly. Here, you will not have to worry about payment for your car repairs.
What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Coverage?
Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage (UM coverage) will apply when the driver who causes the wreck did not have insurance coverage. If you have an uninsured motorist policy, then you have cover to add to your insurance claim. To see if you have uninsured motorist cover, you should review your auto insurance terms page.
Even if your automobile policy shows that you do not have uninsured motorist coverage, you still may receive cover. These situations include:
1. Living in the same home as another person who had UM coverage at the time of the crash.
2. You were a permissive driver of a vehicle with UM coverage.
3. You were a passenger in a vehicle where the driver had UM coverage.
Generally, there are two types of uninsured motorist coverage:
• Add-on (or excess) uninsurable motorist coverage. These policies allow you to stack coverage on top of the liability policy.
• Reduced by coverage. This policy equates to the amount of liability coverage less the amount of UM available.
Can my Rest Haven Car Crash Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
The worth of car accidents always depends on several factors as no two cases are the same.
Common factors affecting the value of settlement include:
• quantity of medical bills.
• Type of medical treatment required.
• Duration of medical treatment.
• The extent of time missed from work.
• Whether permanent bodily impairment exists.
• Whether a doctor performs or suggests surgery.
• The potential location of the lawsuit.
• Whether the accused is a co-operative defendant.
Understand that there is no set method for determining the value of an accident claim. Subjectivity applies when considering what a jury might do when identifying the extent of your pain and suffering. Compensation does not have a predetermined dollar amount.
If I Hire an Rest Haven Car Crash Attorney, Do I Have to Visit Court?
No. An experienced Rest Haven car accident lawyer like Walter Gabriel knows it is not a necessity. Most claims for car accidents settle without ever having to sue. Also, the vast majority of cases conclude before a proceeding before a jury takes place. Claims for car accidents settle when the insurance company offers enough money to meet medical bills and compensate for pain and suffering. Whether or not a case goes to trial, of course, often depends on you. Call Rest Haven car accident attorney Walter Gabriel to discuss your case today.
My Car Accident Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
We settle cases on behalf of those who were:
• Living outside of Georgia when their crash occurred.
• Located outside of Georgia when their accident occurred.
We are Rest Haven car accident attorneys, but we frequently represent out-of-state clients in the location where the client received injuries.
Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Georgia
Statutes of limitations are statutes that identify the deadline to sue. If you cannot sue in time, you lose the right to damages. Georgia drivers, in most cases, have two years from the collision to sue. Claimants making claims against cities in Georgia must properly deliver an ante litem notice within six months.
Courts impose rigid guidelines for what constitutes adequate notice to cities in Georgia. If you wish to make your suit with the City of Rest Haven, for example, the Rest Haven City Council has a claim form on its web site. Claimants must supply similar notice properly delivered to Georgia counties in just 12 months and Georgia state agencies within 12 months.
If a complaintant is a minor, Georgia extends the statute of limitations until he or she turns 18 years old. Where the underlying tort is a crime, tolling provisions also apply. Tolling also happens when either the claimant or at-fault driver has perished. If you are unable to file your claim before the deadline passes, you will lose your right to recoup. Georgia imposes a two-year deadline for many injury claims, but shorter deadlines exist for claims against Georgia agencies.
Given the importance of filing a timely claim, get in touch with the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel as soon as possible. Walter Gabriel will evaluate your car accident injury claim and provide you with fair advice.
Why Should You Hire a Car Crash Law Professionals After a Car Accident?
A car accident attorney in Rest Haven:
• Provides full legal representation if your case goes to court.
• Helps you settle a case outside of court.
• Helps you traverse the complicated legal system.
• Provides continuous legal support.
• Fights for the compensation you need.
Contact an Experienced Rest Haven Car Accident Attorney for a Free and private Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has significant experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car wreck disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique understanding comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his experience in litigation.
Close engagement with the client is the trick to effective legal representation in a personal injury case. Walter Gabriel evaluates critical information about the accident and addresses all concerns. Contact Walter Gabriel to find out if you have a case. Request a free and confidential consultation with a skilled Rest Haven personal injury lawyer.