Car Accident Injury Lawyer Roswell GA
Roswell GA Car Accident Injury Attorney
Walter Gabriel is a highly recommend Roswell car collision attorney for people injured in automobile crashes in the Roswell area and spanning Georgia. Each year, car accidents produce thousands of deaths and long-lasting changes to many lives. In 2020, 42,060 Americans lost their lives to car accidents — up 8 percent from 2019, and the first increase in four years. Accidents often cause major and lasting consequences, even if the collision is minimal.
Frequent injuries that car accident affected individuals sustain include:
• Neck discomfort/back discomfort
• Muscle strain
• Numbness/tingling in upper/lower appendage
• Sleeping trouble
• Shooting aches and pains in legs
• Disc bulging
• Spinal misalignment
• Joint Separation
• Lumbar contusion
• Dysfunction of the cervical region
Some of the most dangerous car accidents cause:
• Traumatic brain injury
• Burn injury
• Catastrophic injury
• Wrongful death
Those who are unfamiliar with the litigation process view car collisions as easy to handle. However, litigation complicates matters as the dispute evolves.
In this guide, learn more about vehicle accidents in Roswell and why you will need to hire an experienced attorney to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Table of Contents
• Common Scenarios for Car Accidents
• Common Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Accidents in Roswell
• What Are Your Rights After a Car Accident in?
• What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Roswell?
• Do I Need an Roswell Car Accident Attorney if an Insurance Company Offers Me Money?
• When You Can Not Afford an Car Accident Attorney
• What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Driver?
• What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Company Calls Me?
• I Do Not Feel Hurt. Do I Still Need to See A Doctor?
• Do I Have A Case If I Was Partly At Fault?
• How Do I Get My Car Repaired?
• What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance?
• Can an Roswell Car Accident Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
• If I Hire an Roswell Car Accident Attorney, Do I Have to visit Court?
• My Car Accident Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Georgia
• Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Louisiana
• Why Should You Hire a Car Accident Lawyer After a Car Accident?
• Contact an Experienced Roswell Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Confidential Consultation
Common Situations for Car Crashes
Consider a driver was texting when they collided with another driver. This instance might seem simple upon first impression. But there is more to litigation than proving the defendant is accountable. Walter Gabriel feels that, in cases like this, the total amount of compensation determines success. There is a discrepancy between receiving $100,000 and $250 in damages.
Perhaps, in your case, the defendant questions the severity of your injuries. Or the defendant believes you contributed (partially) to the crash, which then decreases your compensation. As you can see, if the defendant is aggressive, they could complicate your dispute. You must work with an experienced Roswell car accident lawyer who advocates aggressively on your behalf. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel or book a no-cost consultation. You pay NOTHING unless you WIN.
Contact an Experienced Roswell Car Accident Attorney for a Free and Discreet Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has significant experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car crash disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique perspective comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his experiences in litigation.
Common Risk Factors That Contribute to Car Crashes
Quite a few risk factors often contribute to car accidents. Examples include:
• Mechanical flaws.
• Road hazards.
• drunk driving.
• Distracted driving.
• Unlicensed drivers.
• Following too closely.
• Violation of the hands-free law.
Not all disputes progress in the same fashion. Accident claims can give rise to arguments based on premises liability, product defect liability, and other theories. The damages obtainable to an injured plaintiff may vary along a diverse spectrum depending on the circumstances that caused the accident.
For instance, a Georgia court may award compensatory damages and also discipline the accused with punitive damages. Georgia law allows for punitive damages under restricted circumstances. (For example, drunk driving accidents where the defendant acted with a dangerous disregard for safety.)
What Are Your Legal Rights After a Car Collision in Roswell?
Before you consider damages, you must establish liability. (The other party must have brought about your motor vehicle accident.)
The other vehicle driver might dispute liability if your car was side-swiped or when there is no police document. So reach out to a car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Once you establish liability, you may receive compensation for:
• Medical bills
• Future medical bills
• Physical pain/suffering
• Emotional trauma
• Lost wages
• Loss of consortium
• Permanent physical impairment
• Punitive damages
If hurt, you may receive repayment for medical bills that you incurred after your crash. If a doctor says you need extended medical treatment, you may receive an additional payment. Regardless, you deserve compensation for the physical serious pain you suffer. In our legal system, money is the only form of redress for your traumas.
How much money you obtain for your pain depends on several factors. If you suffer emotional trauma (regardless of whether the trauma caused you to seek mental health counseling), you might get compensation. Time missed from work is also a result for damages. If you can no longer undertake daily activities such as gardening or spending time with your young ones, you too might receive compensation. Juries and courts commonly award punitive damages to punish wrongful conduct.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Roswell?
• Check for the state of other passengers in the car with you, and if secure, make sure the other driver is also in a stable condition.
• If cars are in a safe place, then call the authorities.
• If things are cordial between you and the other driver, exchange insurance information with one another.
• DO NOT provide a taped statement to the other driver’s insurance provider.
• Immediately seek medical attention after the responding police officer concludes their investigation of the crash scene and offers you with a police report number.
• Once you make it home, check the terms page of your automobile insurance coverage to see if you have either Med-Pay or personal injury protection to pay medical bills for your collision.
• Be sure to schedule a session with your primary care physician or another doctor within your health insurance community who customarily treats people injured in car crashes.
Do I Need a Car collision Attorney if an insurance provider Offers Me Money?
While it is always best to consult with an experienced car accident lawyer, you may want to settle your car accident case.
You find out your injuries are minor after consulting with a physician. The insurance provider payout is enough to cover your healthcare bills and compensate for your pain and suffering. It may make sense to settle your case without an attorney. However, we advise that you still consult with an attorney before a agreement. The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel provides free assistance about whether your offer is fair.
When You Can Not Afford a Car Accident Attorney
Roswell car collision lawyer Walter Gabriel can help. For car collision cases, we never bill a client out of pocket for any costs. So clients do not pay us any money before their case settles.
To put it another way, when you join as a client with our firm, you will not pay us a single dollar. Once your case settles or reaches a jury decision, our fee comes from a chunk of your recovery. If your case does not end up in a settlement or jury verdict, you will still not owe any fee. (A contingency fee agreement)
What If a Police Officer Does Not Cite the Other Vehicle Driver?
As long as the other vehicle operator is at fault for your car accident, you should be able to establish your entitlement to money for medical bills and wounds. Sometimes, the responding police officer might believe the other driver to be culpable but decided not to issue a traffic ticket. While the officer provides a neutral account of the accident, they are not necessarily an eyewitness.
Speak with a knowledgeable Roswell car accident lawyer to learn more. Call the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel today.
What If the Other Driver’s Insurance Carrier Calls Me?
Regardless of whether you have an attorney, you are under no obligation to speak to the other driver’s insurance company. (You have nothing to gain from speaking to the other driver’s insurance representative.)
If you don’t have a lawyer when the other driver’s insurance company calls, tell the insurance agent that you do not wish to respond to questions about your injuries or how the crash occurred. If you have a lawyer, inform the insurance company that you have legal representation. The insurance adjuster should stop questioning you about the car crash.
I Do Not Feel Harmed. Do I Still Need to See A Medical Doctor?
Yes, you should without exception see a doctor after a car crash. Our No.1 goal is to help you return your physiological and emotional health to where it was before the wreck took place. You may not know that you have sustained an injury until days (or weeks) after the collision occurred. A late visit to a physician may harm your medical recovery.
Do I Have A Case If I Was In Part At Fault?
When in doubt about whether you have a car collision case, you should always seek advice from with a practiced car accident law firm. Our attorney-client appointments are free, so there is no harm in talking with an experienced Roswell lawyer to determine whether you still have a case, despite what you may think about your role in contributing to the car crash.
Sometimes, even if you are partially at fault for your car accident, you may still be able to recoup money from your car accident case. Call Roswell car accident lawyer Walter Gabriel to find out more.
How Do I Get My Car Repaired?
• Once the officer finishes their report, which usually takes a few days, you will discover the other driver’s insurance provider (and policy number).
• Use this critical information to open a property damage claim against the other driver’s insurance coverage. Doing so helps you avoid paying a deductible for your vehicle repair.
• Select a reputable body shop to service your car.
• Once you have selected a dealer, inform the other driver’s insurance adjuster.
• The body shop should send you an estimate for your repairs. It should also notify you of the final cost once it has completed repairs.
• Often, the body shop will bill the insurance company directly. Here, you will not have to worry about payment for your car repairs.
What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Coverage?
Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage (UM coverage) will apply when the vehicle operator who causes the wreck did not have insurance coverage. If you have an uninsured motorist policy, then you have cover to add to your claim. To see if you have uninsured motorist cover, you should review your auto insurance terms page.
Even if your vehicle policy shows that you do not possess uninsured motorist coverage, you still may get cover. These situations include:
1. Living in the same household as another person who had UM coverage at the time of the collision.
2. You were a permissive driver of a car with UM coverage.
3. You were a passenger in a vehicle where the driver had UM coverage.
Generally, there are two types of uninsured motorist coverage:
• Add-on (or excess) without insurance motorist coverage. These policies allow you to stack coverage on top of the liability policy.
• Reduced by coverage. This policy equates to the amount of liability coverage less the amount of UM available.
Can my Roswell Car Accident Attorney Tell Me What My Case Is Worth?
The value of car accidents always depends on several factors as no two cases are the same.
Common factors affecting the value of settlement include:
• amount of medical bills.
• Type of medical treatment required.
• length of medical treatment.
• The extent of time missed from work.
• Whether irreversible bodily impairment exists.
• Whether a doctor performs or recommends surgery.
• The potential venue of the lawsuit.
• Whether the accused is a co-operative defendant.
Understand that there is no set method for determining the value of a crash claim. Subjectivity applies when considering what a jury might do when identifying the extent of your pain and suffering. Compensation does not have a fixed dollar amount.
If I Hire an Roswell Car Accident Attorney, Do I Have to Visit Court?
No. An experienced Roswell car accident lawyer like Walter Gabriel knows it is not a necessity. Most claims for car accidents settle without ever having to take legal action against. Also, the vast majority of cases conclude before a trial before a jury takes place. Claims for car accidents settle when the insurance company offers enough money to satisfy medical bills and pay for pain and suffering. Whether or not a case goes to trial, of course, often depends on you. Call Roswell car accident attorney Walter Gabriel to discuss your case today.
My Car Crash Happened When Traveling Outside of Georgia. Who Do I Hire?
We settle cases on behalf of those who were:
• Living outside of Georgia when their accident occurred.
• Located outside of Georgia when their accident occurred.
We are Roswell car accident attorneys, but we frequently represent out-of-state clients in the location where the client sustained injuries.
Statute of Limitations for collisions in Georgia
Statutes of limitations are statutes that stipulate the deadline to sue. If you cannot sue in time, you forfeit the right to damages. Georgia drivers, in most cases, have two years from the accident to sue. Claimants making claims against cities in Georgia must properly deliver an ante litem notice inside of six months.
Courts impose rigid guidelines for what constitutes sufficient notice to cities in Georgia. If you wish to make your claim with the City of Roswell, for instance, the Roswell City Council has a claim form on its website. Claimants must supply similar notice properly delivered to Georgia counties inside of 12 months and Georgia state agencies within 12 months.
If a complaintant is a minor, Georgia extends the statute of limitations until he or she turns 18 years old. Where the underlying tort is a crime, tolling provisions also apply. Tolling also happens when either the claimant or at-fault driver has died. If you are not able to file your claim before the deadline passes, you will lose your right to collect. Georgia imposes a two-year deadline for the majority injury claims, but shorter deadlines exist for claims against Georgia government agencies.
Given the importance of filing a timely claim, get in touch with the Law Firm of Walter Gabriel immediately. Walter Gabriel will evaluate your car accident injury claim and provide you with fair advice.
Why Should You Hire a Car Crash Law Professionals After a Car Accident?
A car accident attorney in Roswell:
• supplies full legal representation if your case goes to court.
• Helps you settle a case outside of court.
• Helps you navigate the complicated legal system.
• Provides continual legal support.
• Fights for the compensation you are entitled to.
Contact an Experienced Roswell Car Accident Attorney for a Free and discreet Consultation
The Law Firm of Walter Gabriel, LLC has significant experience in a broad range of personal injury claims, including car wreck disputes. Walter Gabriel has worked as both a prosecutor and plaintiff’s attorney. His unique understanding comes from the substantial breadth and depth of his experience in litigation.
Close engagement with the client is the trick to effective legal representation in a personal injury case. Walter Gabriel analyzes critical information about the accident and answers all concerns. Contact Walter Gabriel to find out if you have a case. Request a free and confidential consultation with a skilled Roswell personal injury lawyer.